Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJuzzy View Post
    Did anybody use the $50 code and end up not getting the driver and getting that refund email? A mate ordered one for me yesterday along with some other stuff he ordered, so hoping to hear from him today re: it's arrival...
    I ordered one yesterday using the code and its in transit might even get it today

I've got a Fubuki 53 Stiff that I've listed on the other site, but I may see how it goes in the JetSpeed first before selling or swapping it. I'm far, far, far, faaaaarrr from an expert, but if you're going to put a better shaft in the JS would it make sense to make sure it's a light-ish shaft, like a Fubuki, given how light the standard shaft is? For example, the Diamana Whiteboard D+ 72 S goes Ace in my 913D2, but with it being fairly heavy would it be an arsehole in the JS?
    http://forums.iseekgolf.com/topic/57...lex-no-tip-50/

Quote Originally Posted by oncewasagolfer View Post
    I ordered one yesterday using the code and its in transit might even get it today
    Awesomeness. My mate who ordered it yesterday just before half three has got the shipping confirmation emails - and no dodgy emails. Maybe those other dudes were taking the piss...or GolfBox is just letting it run it's course...

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Awesomeness. My mate who ordered it yesterday just before half three has got the shipping confirmation emails - and no dodgy emails. Maybe those other dudes were taking the piss...or GolfBox is just letting it run it's course...
    I think they have realised its not big seller, and its being superceded so they are prob glad they are flying off the shelves...?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Be at least 10 buyers from here I reckon.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Didn't that code get sent to everyone that got second in their club comp that day?

Golfbox should be patting themselves on the back that they got a better take-up rate than the expected 4 out of 600.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    I think they have realised its not big seller, and its being superceded so they are prob glad they are flying off the shelves...?
    I reckon that's the case. TM have certainly sacrificed the JetSpeed for the sake of the SLDR. Most people probably won't ever realise that it's a pretty solid club...except for all of us ho's, that is,

Good on us I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Didn't that code get sent to everyone that got second in their club comp that day?Golfbox should be patting themselves on the back that they got a better take-up rate than the expected 4 out of 600.
    Least you can actually buy golf gear now with the Lexus Cup winning vouchers. I won about three Lexus cup vouchers last year, but all I could use them for was to buy cases of plonk or towards a golfing getaway that I was never going to go on. GolfBox is awesome...I hope to he'll they open a physical store in Sydney soon...

Least you can actually buy golf gear now with the Lexus Cup winning vouchers. I won about three Lexus cup vouchers last year, but all I could use them for was to buy cases of plonk or towards a golfing getaway that I was never going to go on. GolfBox is awesome...I hope to he'll they open a physical store in Sydney soon...
    Hahahahaha me too, and not very good stuff at that!

What Golfbox email?

Jetspeed is a quality driver that you can buy it new for $165, isn't it?

And Golfbox is the best Australian golf retailer hands down. I hope they open up a store in Rosehill or something in the middle of the drummonds at northmead and the golfmart at granville.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    What Golfbox email?
    Smart-arsery, was it then? Wasn't it about a month late to be an April Fool's joke?.

Smart-arsery, was it then? Wasn't it about a month late to be an April Fool's joke?.
    WA time difference.

It was April 1, 1997 in WA.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I've got a Fubuki 53 Stiff that I've listed on the other site, but I may see how it goes in the JetSpeed first before selling or swapping it. I'm far, far, far, faaaaarrr from an expert, but if you're going to put a better shaft in the JS would it make sense to make sure it's a light-ish shaft, like a Fubuki, given how light the standard shaft is? For example, the Diamana Whiteboard D+ 72 S goes Ace in my 913D2, but with it being fairly heavy would it be an arsehole in the JS?http://forums.iseekgolf.com/topic/57...lex-no-tip-50/
    TNO has tried a 72 gram shaft playing 45" and said he didn't have to add any swingweight. I have a D+ 62 X on its way that should play around 45.5", so hopefully I can get away with not having to do too much to mine.

Member Trainee Pro

Good to know, I was wandering about that myself.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Scifisicko View Post
    I hit 3 balls with it last night. 3 big hooks with the stock shaft, hated it, not helped by the length or the SW. If you guys werent raving about it i would write it off. Felt like a bowling ball on the end of a fly rod.
    Same as me, swapped from a Cobra Amp Cell blue to this, hooking a lot of shots, need a new shaft which I'll be doing soon

It's just that the shaft is too long and light

Member Monthly medal winner

Quote Originally Posted by Tank33 View Post
    And Golfbox is the best Australian golf retailer hands down. I hope they open up a store in Rosehill or something in the middle of the drummonds at northmead and the golfmart at granville.
    i actually think them being in WA is one of the reasons they're successful with the online part of their business
    planes fly over to Perth full of packages (Toll, Startrack) then fly back to the east coast empty - no doubt they got a superb deal with startrack and that's how they can do free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    i actually think them being in WA is one of the reasons they're successful with the online part of their business
    planes fly over to Perth full of packages (Toll, Startrack) then fly back to the east coast empty - no doubt they got a superb deal with startrack and that's how they can do free shipping
    The planes flying back would be pretty full, lots of GST revenue and mining royalties heading east.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    The planes flying back would be pretty full, lots of GST revenue and mining royalties heading east.
    Oh god. Another one. If they didn't charge $14 for a beer in WA them you wouldn't be raising as much GST!

You should sign up to succession with Simmsy.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

FWIW, I do have the stock Rocketfuel shaft from my Stage 2 Tour fairway that, if I feel like heading to the Rum Corps range before my round tomorrow, I could have a hit with to see what that does.

All I know is that it'll have to be an easy swing when I try it first time around at Richmond, and I will not be hitting it off the 1st!

Put the two Harrison shafts I got from Benno in to get the jetspeed tips glued on and some grips, looking forward to trying them out.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

SirTop what flight are you getting compared to the amp cell? Higher or lower? More roll, less roll?

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Stocky in X isn't at all bad. I've got it set at 8.5* and launching it fairly low. Certainly not as long as the R11 by any means, but it has been forgiving when I've used it.

Thread Information