Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Changeover Issues....

Hey Guys.. Ok, we changed the forum over late last night so we didn't have time to test it at all apart from the bare basics. goughy tells me there are some issues with changing timezones which we need to look into. Please let us know in this thread if there are any further issues. Fingers crossed there are not too many!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hi, it seems to jump to profiles without me selecting it and say the page cannot be found ?? I just have to keep selecting it from my favourites and after a couple of goes it returns to normal.

Pete

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I'm getting the scripting error popup every time a page loads, which takes at least 10 clicks of "Yes"/"No"/"X" to get rid of. I also get these popups (albeit with less persistence) when I visit www/news.com.au ...

Anyone know what IE setting I need to change to avoid this. It's driving me insane.

all the messages are similar to this....

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

You may want to lock the Mod Areas.....just a thought.And I'm guessing that the OzGolfer Contact Directory will be open for all to see until a user list is created for it again.
    RIP 1984-2006

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas
    I'm getting the scripting error popup every time a page loads, which takes at least 10 clicks of to get rid of. I also get these popups (albeit with less persistence) when I visit www/news.com.au ...

Anyone know what IE setting I need to change to avoid this. It's driving me insane.

Can't help you sorry, me thinks you need to change to firefox.. I am sure someone here might know tho...

Quote Originally Posted by drunken
    You may want to lock the Mod Areas.....just a thought.And I'm guessing that the OzGolfer Contact Directory will be open for all to see until a user list is created for it again.
    Ozgolfer directory fixed, that was an oversight on my part. Which mod area's are you talking about???

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by clikchic
    Ozgolfer directory fixed, that was an oversight on my part. Which mod area's are you talking about???
    Only the removed threads and admin discussion area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd change it but my admin link isn't working.

Is there any reason why we can't have www.ozgolf.net/forum redirected to here in the future (that is, when the changeover is completely safe)?
    Last edited by AndyP; 30th January 2006 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    Only the removed threads and admin discussion area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd change it but my admin link isn't working.

Is there any reason why we can't have www.ozgolf.net/forum redirected to here in the future (that is, when the changeover is completely safe)?
    Doh! Users on the Contact list were able to see the admin area, that is fixed now, not sure why that happened, must have missed it.. it was 1am when we were finishing up last night...and with only 4hrs sleep the night before I wasn't at my brightest. LOL

Re: redirect... None at all.. I wanted everyone to update their bookmarks first and after a few days I will set up a redirect.

I sent you a pm about your admin link.. working on that one...
    Last edited by clikchic; 30th January 2006 at 09:39 AM.

It looks like I don't have full admin access, so can't help you out yet.

I had to go through and delete all my sent items, so I could read messages again. It seemed to recall sent items that disappeared from the phpBB sent items folder from ages ago.. It said that I had 186 messages, when I'm only meant to have 100, therefore couldn't receive any new messages. May need to think about temporarily extending the limit.

Can't help you sorry, me thinks you need to change to firefox.. I am sure someone here might know tho...
    Yep, I installed firefox as an alternative browser and works fine now.

golflink WITB

Yep, I installed firefox as an alternative browser and works fine now.
    I wouldn't really count that as an acceptable solution. We should be able to view the forum from all common browsers.

Some of you may have noticed some slashes appearing in your signature. Who knows why, but they can manually taken out, by editing your signature via the usercp.

I've just changed all of my options to my personal preferences, I would suggest that you do the same.
    Last edited by AndyP; 30th January 2006 at 10:10 AM.

goughy

It looks like I don't have full admin access, so can't help you out yet.

I had to go through and delete all my sent items, so I could read messages again. It seemed to recall sent items that disappeared from the phpBB sent items folder from ages ago.. It said that I had 186 messages, when I'm only meant to have 100, therefore couldn't receive any new messages. May need to think about temporarily extending the limit.
    Working on the admin access thing, and have fixed your PM limit.

(oops, forgot to log back in as clikchic)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I'm getting the scripting error popup every time a page loads, which takes at least 10 clicks of "Yes"/"No"/"X" to get rid of. I also get these popups (albeit with less persistence) when I visit www/news.com.au ...

yeah change to firefox will fix it, its an error on the page, you can turn it of my turning notify off on scripting errors on IE settings

Internet options -> advance tab -> under browsing -> turn off the 5th options..."display a notification about every scipting error"

Not sure why I can't see all of the threads inside of a forum. For example, I can only see 5 threads in the Tour Talk forum, but there should be plenty more.

It said that I had 186 messages, when I'm only meant to have 100, therefore couldn't receive any new messages. May need to think about temporarily extending the limit.

SO how come you get 100 and I only get 50, is this because you PM behind our backs more than we do about you?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I wouldn't really count that as an acceptable solution. We should be able to view the forum from all common browsers.

Some of you may have noticed some slashes appearing in your signature. Who knows why, but they can manually taken out, by editing your signature via the usercp.

I've just changed all of my options to my personal preferences, I would suggest that you do the same.
    I am not getting the error that brisvegas describes from IE so I must have it set differently. (I knew it was in there somewhere but didn't know the exact setting. IE is a pain in the bum with all the errors it gives...

The slashes are a result of the export of the forum posts... I have run a cleaning script to get rid of most stuff but looks like they got left behind. vbulletin seems to like those slashes as I have noticed on my own site that now and again they appear in posts, but it mostly seems to happen in photopost.

Yup, lots of new options in the CP I have just this morning added a handycap field. I think I have covered all the issues so far except the user time thing.. will look into that one further...
    Last edited by clikchic; 30th January 2006 at 11:47 AM.

I get the script error on every page, but its not popping up.

I cant see anything wrong with the page itself though.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

PM has problem.

It allow each user has only 50 messages. I try to send a PM to 3oneday, then it complaints MY box has too much messages. Delete them all then it complaint again say 3oneday's box got too many messages.

Quote Originally Posted by connico
    yeah change to firefox will fix it, its an error on the page, you can turn it of my turning notify off on scripting errors on IE settings

Internet options -> advance tab -> under browsing -> turn off the 5th options..."display a notification about every scipting error"
    Yep - hunted around and already found that setting. It fixed it for ozgolf, but now i get a different error on news.com! Not too bothered. I'm liking firefox anyway...

golflink WITB

Not sure why I can't see all of the threads inside of a forum. For example, I can only see 5 threads in the Tour Talk forum, but there should be plenty more.
    It is only showing 30 days of posts at the moment..(vbulletin default) will get to that.. and set it to show all posts soon.

Quote Originally Posted by andylo
    PM has problem.

It allow each user has only 50 messages. I try to send a PM to 3oneday, then it complaints MY box has too much messages. Delete them all then it complaint again say 3oneday's box got too many messages.
    I have set all registered users to have 200 PM's now...

Yep - hunted around and already found that setting. It fixed it for ozgolf, but now i get a different error on news.com! Not too bothered. I'm liking firefox anyway...
    Firefox is way better!

Firefox is way better!
    Except for in the chatroom we currently have, but then again maybe that will change too.......

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I have set all registered users to have 200 PM's now...
    Thanks you

stoney can't post. is he activated??

golflink WITB

Thread Information