Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matt's swing

Hybrid View

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    Matt, a couple of things to look at. The club is shut at the top and the hips are closed at address, not a good combination. You will be fighting a hook or a block every time you tee it up. I can't see what you are doing during the backswing to get the club face shut to the left forearm, maybe too much right hand involved instead of flinging the clubhead up and back with the left wrist. With the hips, set them up open at address to the shoulders and somewhat facing towards the target. This will give you a running start to clear the left leg and hip in the through swing. Those photos above show both the left leg and hip to be restricting the hands and arms into the follow through.
    Thanks mate

Really good info and observations

Will work at it on the range ASAP and hopefully get some video of the swings

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Thanks mate

Really good info and observations

Will work at it on the range ASAP and hopefully get some video of the swings
    It is difficult to tell what is going on from pics because of camera angles. I think the important thing is to understand how it all works so that we can be our own coach and instructor. Once we tee it up on the first tee we are on our own and have to do the best we can with what we bring to the course that day. Saw this today which may help your concept of a draw swing. http://www.golfwrx.com/209833/the-te...m_medium=email
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Thread Information