Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1365
    Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    The key for me trying it originally was an ex-Army mate who used to suffer severe Post Traumatic Stress with significant anxiety and depression.

When i bumped into him after a few years in 2020 he looked fantastic, super fit, strong and mentally awesome. After years on and off meds he went to a doctor who put him on an elimination diet to see if they could find a food that could be causing it. He wanted to get off anti depressants.

After 2 months of trying to add things back into the diet the best he felt was eating steak, eggs, liver and water. So he stayed on it for 6 months at that stage.

He suggested I try it for 14 days and see how i went, so i did some research and gave it a try. I got my GP involved and we did regular blood tests in the first year, tracked any possible negative side affects and not a single issue has presented itself.

In the first 14-30 days I saw the biggest improvement.

- IBS gone
    - my PTS symptoms gone
    - joint pain gone
    - slept a full night for the first time in 10-15 years
    - I had almost unlimited energy
    - lost weight

One of the best things I have ever done and I’ve been 99% Meat based ever since.
    Thats exceptional results.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

The key for me trying it originally was an ex-Army mate who used to suffer severe Post Traumatic Stress with significant anxiety and depression.

When i bumped into him after a few years in 2020 he looked fantastic, super fit, strong and mentally awesome. After years on and off meds he went to a doctor who put him on an elimination diet to see if they could find a food that could be causing it. He wanted to get off anti depressants.

After 2 months of trying to add things back into the diet the best he felt was eating steak, eggs, liver and water. So he stayed on it for 6 months at that stage.

He suggested I try it for 14 days and see how i went, so i did some research and gave it a try. I got my GP involved and we did regular blood tests in the first year, tracked any possible negative side affects and not a single issue has presented itself.

- IBS gone
    - my PTS symptoms gone
    - joint pain gone
    - lost weight

One of the best things I have ever done and I’ve been 99% Meat based ever since.
    Can you give us a rundown on what you would eat in a normal day?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

In the end it doesn’t matter what i think - I’m significantly better off now and especially after eliminating seed oils.

Look up Mikhaila Peterson and her results, her dad too (Jordan Peterson).

There’s plenty of information if you care to look deeper - I’m not a fat bastard and i think thats partially because of my diet.

Good article pointing to a recent study

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/red-meat-colon-cancer/

Senior Member Major Winner

- IBS gone
    - my PTS symptoms gone
    - joint pain gone
    - lost weight

And dropped your handicap to 0

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Can you give us a rundown on what you would eat in a normal day?
    When i wake up I’ll have an espresso and a big drink of water with some desiccated liver tablets.

During the day it’s either steak, scrambled eggs, bacon, pork ribs, lamb chops - depends what is good at the butcher. I’ve recently started adding in fruits in season, but not that much.

My local butcher does bulk cuts at a discounted price and they’ll cut it for us. So i might have a 4kg Rib Filet cut into 15-20 steaks. And i pretty much eat when I’m hungry. Will do big cuts on the smoker over the weekend so briskets, ribs, big roasts etc.

- IBS gone
    - my PTS symptoms gone
    - joint pain gone
    - lost weight

One other that i didnt mention but was the most noticeable was a red rash on my face - eyebrows, nose and upper cheeks - which dermatologists said was a yeast imbalance and couldn’t be cured, only treated.

When I started it disappeared completely and only comes back if I drink a fair bit of red wine or eat normal stuff for more than a few days.

Seborrhic dermatitis I think it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post
    And dropped your handicap to 0

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    No beer? Doesn't sound like my kind of diet.

What does your typical day's meals look like, Bushy? Eggs for breakfast, meat for dinner, but I'm having trouble imagining what is for lunch.
    I drink beer sometimes and Brookvale Ginger Beer at golf but mostly red wine at home these days - on the dry through March tho thanks to Mrs Bush.

I don’t really have a typical day because I don’t get hungry and feel the requirement to eat 3 times a day. I eat when i feel like i need something.

I rarely eat breakfast, when I’m travelling I might not eat until dinner but i have some standard things i eat all the time. If its 10am and i feel like a rib filet i’ll salt it and throw it in the air fryer. There’s normally heaps of leftover meat from the weekend so I’ll reheat that.

Steaks - all cuts
    Lamb - Chops and racks
    Pork - Spare Ribs, rack of ribs, pork collars, chops
    Thick Cut bacon
    Brisket
    Cheeses
    Eggs - scrambled or fried
    Roasts
    Seafood - prawns, calamari, fish, octopus, oysters, scallops

I’ve just started adding some fruits - paw paw, mango, pineapple etc. Avocado

I eat chicken but not alot.

When i cook i use animal fats like tallow, ghee or butter - NO seed oils whatsoever or anything high in polyunsaturated fatty acids.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Bushy... seriously, were you eating Tomatoes before?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I drink beer sometimes and Brookvale Ginger Beer at golf but mostly red wine at home these days - on the dry through March tho thanks to Mrs Bush.

I don’t really have a typical day because I don’t get hungry and feel the requirement to eat 3 times a day. I eat when i feel like i need something.

I rarely eat breakfast, when I’m travelling I might not eat until dinner but i have some standard things i eat all the time. If its 10am and i feel like a rib filet i’ll salt it and throw it in the air fryer. There’s normally heaps of leftover meat from the weekend so I’ll reheat that.

Steaks - all cuts
    Lamb - Chops and racks
    Pork - Spare Ribs, rack of ribs, pork collars, chops
    Thick Cut bacon
    Brisket
    Cheeses
    Eggs - scrambled or fried
    Roasts
    Seafood - prawns, calamari, fish, octopus, oysters, scallops

I’ve just started adding some fruits - paw paw, mango, pineapple etc. Avocado

I eat chicken but not alot.

When i cook i use animal fats like tallow, ghee or butter - NO seed oils whatsoever or anything high in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
    Only thing that concerns me about the above is your Cholesterol levels; have you had any tests done for it?

I don't have the time, nor the energy to be a Carnivore, it seems.

#nogrowthmindsetthanks
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Only thing that concerns me about the above is your Cholesterol levels; have you had any tests done for it?
    6 monthly to start - to keep a track.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Bushy... seriously, were you eating Tomatoes before?
    Yeah, normal western diet.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    I don't have the time, nor the energy to be a Carnivore, it seems.

#nogrowthmindsetthanks
    Think of NEVER having tomatoes snuck into your food ever again.

Think of NEVER having tomatoes snuck into your food ever again.
    Please. I could go out to a restaurant and order a single beef patty and the ****ers would still put a tomato on it.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Please. I could go out to a restaurant and order a single beef patty and the ****ers would still put a tomato on it.

Default Fat Bastards Unite!

After getting to 82kg last year around this time through stress I drifted back up to 87-88 after seeking help getting my stress issues under control.
    Back to 82kg non stress related this time and feeling good. Found appetite is reduced these days and not eating crap as often. Having been working in a position I really like at work filling in for someone away with health issues for the last 3 months. Sadly for me he has returned to work so I have to return to my position. The position I was filling in for is a lot more active and great for burning energy.
    Just hope I don’t drift back up in weight again no longer working in that role.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 14th November 2022 at 02:50 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    After getting to 82kg last year around this time through stress I drifted back up to 87-88 after seeking help getting my stress issues under control.
    Back to 82kg non stress related this time and feeling good. Found appetite is reduced these days and not eating crap as often. Having been working in a position I really like at work filling in for someone away with health issues for the last 3 months. Sadly for me he has returned to work so I have to return to my position. The position I was filling in for is a lot more active and great for burning energy.
    Just hope I don’t drift back up in weight again no longer working in that role.
    It’s really hard to manage when you have a desk role. After 2017 I could no longer be a rep on the road due to my DVT issue so I moved into a technical I.T role. As much as I love the increase in salary I hate being stuck in a chair for 8 hours with two 28” screens. My weight subsequently spiraled into triple digits and when I tried to get back into running the dvt came back with interest. I am currently building a gym at home and working on a fitness program with my wife that will help us both. Looking to drop at least 10 kg next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Covid & working from home has killed me. I still walk a golf course once a week (I usually play twice a week, but one round is in carts), but don't cycle to work anymore, and have too much access to food while working. Raised the bat.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

It’s really hard to manage when you have a desk role.
    While not the only reason... this is one of the reasons I go to the gym everyday. Sitting at a desk all day is the worst. Sucks (a lot) getting up at 5am... but sacrifices have to be made.

Start in a new office 15 minutes closer tomorrow
    Might be time to get back on the bike now the Maggie's are gone.

Carrying the laptop each way is a pain in the arse though

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Carrying the laptop each way is a pain in the arse though
    That’s a unique place to carry it
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

It’s really hard to manage when you have a desk role. After 2017 I could no longer be a rep on the road due to my DVT issue so I moved into a technical I.T role. As much as I love the increase in salary I hate being stuck in a chair for 8 hours with two 28” screens. My weight subsequently spiraled into triple digits and when I tried to get back into running the dvt came back with interest. I am currently building a gym at home and working on a fitness program with my wife that will help us both. Looking to drop at least 10 kg next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yep, I have transitioned from a 50/50 desk role to a full time desk role and have packed on the weight! Keep promising myself to do something about it but keeps not happening!

Talking FB Unite - I did see SMS316 instagramming his gym sessions...
    Looking fit Shamus!

Chopperlink

WITB

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Talking FB Unite - I did see SMS316 instagramming his gym sessions...
    Looking fit Shamus!
    Duckface?

Thread Information