Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1365
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    I've been wondering about this Man shake craze.
    You mixing it with water or milk and what are you noticing re: eat and drinking habits after having the shake?
    This isn't the first time that I've used them, as I've been through phases with it a few times over the years. I didn't like how it made me feel regularly before, but I've taken Dazza's tip to use Benefiber and that has been better. Also, without being able to exercise as well, I wasn't really motivated for weight loss. For me, I don't want it to be a long term solution, I just want to use it get rid of some weight, and improve my habits.

I mix with water, preferably cold water, and have it for morning and afternoon tea generally, but I keep it flexible. I might have something small to eat for breakfast (probably a small naughty sweet that the wife has made for the kids), and yoghurt for lunch. I probably still eat too much and the wrong things at dinner, as the wife controls the evening meals, but I should probably take more control over my portions. I am quite hungry at dinner time, because I'm also exercising and often have come straight for the gym. I allow myself a row of chocolate too.

I still drink a decent amount of beer, but only weekends, where I was drinking most nights before. I'm not even strict on the man shakes on the weekends, in fact, I've had some early morning wake ups by my bowels, so I don't think it has been mixing too well with the beer, so I will probably drop the shakes altogether on the weekend / drinking days.

As long as the scales keep moving in the right direction, then I won't change much, and I'm still building up with the running, so there will be more calories burned. If things plateau, then I will have to look at changing something else.

Member Club Champion

A little more than 5kg down in the first month of trying man shakes. That's without being overly strict on myself. I reckon 3 out of 4 weekends have been a write-off with crap food and grog thanks to grand finals, melb cup and first saturday back at golf.

Overall pretty happy thus far.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Nice work, Pickles. I'm not 100% strict with it, and tend to take a break from the Shakes on weekends, or at least one of them anyway.

After getting over 98kg, I'm back under 90 again. A couple more kilos and I'll be back to the weight when I was before I stopped running with injury two years ago. Not that I'll stop at that point. I'm trying to have a little blitz now in preparation for a couple of holidays.

Senior Member Major Winner

I thought I might check in.

After a couple of years of enjoying the excesses of an oil rig, I topped out at 142kg.

2019 was supposed to be the year of change, which it kind of was - I had more time at home, but unfortunately didnt make the most of it. I finished last year at 135kg.

This year I decided I had had enough. I started Jenny Craig, and bought a mountain bike.

I have hit a bit of a plateau,but that's ok as I kinda had enough of strict dieting. As such, I have been enjoying food a little more, and while maintaining the exercise have seen my weight hover around 111kg for the last month.

I will pick it up again at some stage to try and crack the tonne.

It has been costly though. Have dropped 1-2 sizes in all my clothes, so have had to buy a fair few new threads, but it's a small price to pay.

My mountain bike appreciates the drop in weight though. It's nice to be able to tune the suspension, instead of just setting it on 'Max'

The second upside is Linda joined me. I won't say what she started on, but she has also lost over 30kg as well. She also enjoys mountain biking, so it's a great hobby we now share together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    A little more than 5kg down in the first month of trying man shakes. That's without being overly strict on myself. I reckon 3 out of 4 weekends have been a write-off with crap food and grog thanks to grand finals, melb cup and first saturday back at golf.

Overall pretty happy thus far.
    Nice work. Keep it up mate!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post

After a couple of years of enjoying the excesses of an oil rig, I topped out at 142kg.

2019 was supposed to be the year of change, which it kind of was - I had more time at home, but unfortunately didnt make the most of it. I finished last year at 135kg.

This year I decided I had had enough. I started Jenny Craig, and bought a mountain bike.

I have hit a bit of a plateau,but that's ok as I kinda had enough of strict dieting. As such, I have been enjoying food a little more, and while maintaining the exercise have seen my weight hover around 111kg for the last month.

It has been costly though. Have dropped 1-2 sizes in all my clothes, so have had to buy a fair few new threads, but it's a small price to pay.

My mountain bike appreciates the drop in weight though. It's nice to be able to tune the suspension, instead of just setting it on 'Max'

The second upside is Linda joined me. I won't say what she started on, but she has also lost over 30kg as well. She also enjoys mountain biking, so it's a great hobby we now share together.
    Great to hear Benno, (as the tv show goes) looks like you're the biggest loser in Ozgolf for this year, Ive only lost about 8kg this year largely due to a significant drop in alcohol. I have battled several injuries (getting back into running) plus my work has tripled in volume so that has put physical exercise down the list. Like yourself I was hoping to break the 100 barrier but that looks to be a project for 2021

Thought id chime in here,

I stopped playing in 2006 due to a severe injury, started drinking, packing on kgs like nothing else, 14years later decided to fix it, so far down 49kg since Jan and started back at golf around 5 months ago, long way to go get in terms of both weight loss, muscle gain and my bloody golf swing, but enjoying the crap out of it and playing 2-3 rounds per week.

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Great to hear Benno, (as the tv show goes) looks like you're the biggest loser in Ozgolf for this year, Ive only lost about 8kg this year largely due to a significant drop in alcohol. I have battled several injuries (getting back into running) plus my work has tripled in volume so that has put physical exercise down the list. Like yourself I was hoping to break the 100 barrier but that looks to be a project for 2021
    Great goal.

I have been lucky as a I have been off Alcohol for 14yrs. For me it has always been food. Looking at each "bad" thing in isolation instead of looking at all the "bad" things in a day.

The other surprise is the amount of enjoyment I have gotten out of MTB riding. Nothing better than hitting the trails for a couple of hours and burning 1400 calories. It could be next expensive hobby...

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Great work everyone!
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post

Fn top effort Benno and Linda and nice to know you can now go on bikes as well
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Fn top effort Benno and Linda and nice to know you can now go on bikes as well
    Thanks mate.

You should forget joining Tewantin GC too. Just up the street is the tewantin trail network - some really awesome MTB trails, probably the best I have yet ridden.

I find it a little amusing I can contribute to this thread.
    I started to drop a little weight when I changed roles at work from a Managerial role back to a clock card employee on the factory floor. Constant moving around all day v mostly seated. The extra loss was not by design but bought on from stress of life outside work getting messy. Now only eating 1 normal meal a day and that's usually 3/4 of what I used to eat. Drinking bucket loads of water through the day and not feeling hungry.
    My 97 Pants didn't need a belt before and now my 92's need the belt on the last notch so they don't slide down. Around 10-12kg gone so far.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Covid is awesome for weightloss. I spent 8 week prior to Xmas on a fitness challenge, lost 100g. Day 8 of Covid and I have lost 3.8kg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Not sure if I've ever posted in this thread for myself, and while I don't think I'd ever call myself a "fat bastard" by full definition, I've decided enough is enough and I'm going to move closer to being a skinny bastard.

Goal is under 90kgs by end of June, and decide what I want to do from there.

Some relief for my ****ed knees, ankles and bunion is sorely needed.

Just watching my food intake and a little more exercise should be enough for the bulk, but the last 3-4 kilos to get under 90kgs has always been an issue.

And the first **** to suggest I play more golf for the exercise portion gets primary position on my shitlist.
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 31st December 2021 at 11:37 AM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Not sure if I've ever posted in this thread for myself, and while I don't think I'd ever call myself a "fat bastard" by full definition, I've decided enough is enough and I'm going to move closer to being a skinny bastard.

Just watching my food intake and a little more exercise should be enough for the bulk, but the last 3-4 kilos to get under 90kgs has always been an issue.

And the first **** to suggest I play more golf for the exercise portion gets primary position on my shitlist.
    You should go on long walks. Up mountains. I know you love ocean views.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I have no problems with ocean views. They're just pointless on / next to a golf course.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    He’d probably be bored just walking. Should take a stick and ball type arrangement to fill in the time.

Blog Entries

Enjoy it mate. I have become a whole lot mentally stronger getting fitter too. Certainly helped me through this covid crap that is for sure. Just do it for you and it will flow easy

Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post
    He’d probably be bored just walking. Should take a stick and ball type arrangement to fill in the time.
    I have always thought I'd be pretty decent at field hockey....
    GolfMap

I have always thought I'd be pretty decent at field hockey....
    It’s a right handers game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Enjoy it mate. I have become a whole lot mentally stronger getting fitter too. Certainly helped me through this covid crap that is for sure. Just do it for you and it will flow easy

Enjoy something? Do you forget to whom you speak, good sir?
    It’s a right handers game.
    I have no problems whacking the living **** out of things right handed, bud.
    GolfMap

You should take up caddying
    Forum needs more banter.

First week a success, with very little effort. 1.3kgs off, back under the tonne.

Just a 15-20 minute walk with the dog each day after work, a little less food on the plate, and 10% less alcohol for the week (which still leaves me with 358% more alcohol to cut back on if needs be...).

Will check back in in a week's time.
    GolfMap

First week a success, with very little effort. 1.3kgs off, back under the tonne.

Just a 15-20 minute walk with the dog each day after work, a little less food on the plate, and 10% less alcohol for the week (which still leaves me with 358% more alcohol to cut back on if needs be...).

Will check back in in a week's time.
    Dog?

Dog?
    {Insert wife joke here}

Yep, this Norbit....
    GolfMap

Thread Information