Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    1/1/2014 - 124.0
    8/1/2014 - 122.4
    16/1/2014 - 121.4
    22/1/2014 - 121.0

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Another wicket down ...

1/1/14 - 108.9
    22/1/14 - 105.8

Not a bad effort considering the weeks holiday beers and extras.

Looking next week for 104 something.

Self Appointed Matchplay Nazi.
    Elite Endurance Athlete.
    Proud Blue Arseclown. Vocal Minority.

In the bag ...

Driver - Ping I15 9.5 Stiff Shaft.
    3W - RBZ
    Hybrids - Titleist 913 17 and 22 deg.
    Irons - Ping I5's
    Wedges - Titleist Oilcan
    Putter - Rife Deep Blue

http://www.golflink.com.au/handicap-history/?golflink_No=4010200385
    http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Marto65

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Week 1: 102.1Week 2: 98.4Week 3: 98.1I'm a little confuse. I only had one lash-out at dinner on Saturday night (Chinese restaurant), but stuck to me calorie goals every other day, yet still only dropped 0.3. Oh well, I guess it balanced out the excessive loss in the first week.
    This was yesterday. 97.2 today.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Another wicket.

Successfully cut out of the cycle ... drive to the shops for dinner, any softdrink (except for one can per 18 holes), casual chocolate bars, fried convenience food (including brekkie on the road), lollies and icecream.

Basically following what I remember from Susan Powter hype 20 years ago.
    With more recent findings, I may need to address the carbohydrates - dinner is usually pasta in tomato-based sauce, lunch is sushi rolls, and raisin toast for hunger pangs. Woolworths bags of salad, here I come.
    Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    1 Jan - 92.8
    8 Jan - 90.5
    15 Jan - 90.2
    22 Jan - 89.6

Doing 5k walks every couple of days and then yesterday, whilst my son was at Cutters training, did a 1hr bike ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marto65 View Post
    Another wicket down ...

1/1/14 - 108.9
    22/1/14 - 105.8

Not a bad effort considering the weeks holiday beers and extras.

Looking next week for 104 something.
    Good work lads

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Ok so not as bad as I thought as I'm only put back on 0.6kg (86.1kg) this week, but it feels like much more. Will try to go 5 days out of the next 7 under my calorie limit and bump up the exercise!!!

Edit: Actually, I'm positive I'm kidding myself as I'm sure I weighed in around 84.8kg or something like that. Anyway, here's to healthy eating this week!!!

Ok after a day of healthy eating and about 20mins of light exercise, I was 85.1kg this morning.....amazing how the weight just fluctuates so rapidly!!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Make sure weigh ins are at the same time's.. and dont be disheartened if tomorrow you weigh 98.5 again.. body will fluxuate so much you need to look at long term weigh ins to get proper results. I.e 2 weeks minimum.

I will weigh in again tonight but did a massive meal prep for the week so im set for lunches and snacks and will be joining the dark side this afternoon and beginning crossfit.. I acheived my best results training with a trainer but can no longer afford that week in week out so atleast having a trainer oversee me + 9 others or so in 1 class will still help push me, not to mention its all timed so the competitive side comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Waddzy View Post
    I will weigh in again tonight but did a massive meal prep for the week so im set for lunches and snacks and will be joining the dark side this afternoon and beginning crossfit.. I acheived my best results training with a trainer but can no longer afford that week in week out so atleast having a trainer oversee me + 9 others or so in 1 class will still help push me, not to mention its all timed so the competitive side comes out
    I always do a morning weigh in after my morning dump, this will be the lightest I'll be all day.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Make sure weigh ins are at the same time's.. and dont be disheartened if tomorrow you weigh 98.5 again.. body will fluxuate so much you need to look at long term weigh ins to get proper results. I.e 2 weeks minimum.
    Yeah, I always weigh-in straight after getting out of bed in the morning. You're right about the fluctuations, but I rarely see a kilo difference in one day.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

any more than a standard weekly weigh in will give dud results.

I would lose up to 3l of fluid riding into work which gave great final weigh in figures but not an accurate representation of what was going on

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Self Appointed Matchplay Nazi.
    Elite Endurance Athlete.
    Proud Blue Arseclown. Vocal Minority.

In the bag ...

Driver - Ping I15 9.5 Stiff Shaft.
    3W - RBZ
    Hybrids - Titleist 913 17 and 22 deg.
    Irons - Ping I5's
    Wedges - Titleist Oilcan
    Putter - Rife Deep Blue

http://www.golflink.com.au/handicap-history/?golflink_No=4010200385
    http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Marto65

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    1/1: 116.0
    8/1: 114.3
    15/1: 112.8

Birthday coming up this weekend but I don't think I'll be bingeing on anything.

I haven't really worked out any sort of consistent exercise plan, however the fact that I'm on my feet walking all day at work helps a little. Will look to incorporate cycling into the afternoon routine next week where practical.
    The eating plan didn't quite come to fruition over the weekend...today's weigh in was 113.4.

Great work fatties of ozgolf, maintain the rage.

The only suggestion I would have is to try and make this stuff part of a long-term lifestyle change, rather than just a short-term diet and/or exercise plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marto65 View Post
    This is outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

The only suggestion I would have is to try and make this stuff part of a long-term lifestyle change, rather than just a short-term diet and/or exercise plan.
    x 2.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I just need to get off the piss for a month and start riding in again. My food consumption is roughly the same, as I eat takeaway once a month.

Its the getting off the piss bit that is the challenge.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    I just need to get off the piss for a month and start riding in again. My food consumption is roughly the same, as I eat takeaway once a month.

Its the getting off the piss bit that is the challenge.
    Now is not the time to start either I fear.. with Aus day this weekend and the weekend that stops the Ozgolf nation in 2 weeks from that.. were doomed to start again post vic champs.

Good news is I'm down to 84.1kg this morning, bad news is my myfitnesspal app is telling me I'm not getting anywhere near enough calories and if I keep this up I will starve!!!

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Good news is I'm down to 84.1kg this morning, bad news is my myfitnesspal app is telling me I'm not getting anywhere near enough calories and if I keep this up I will starve!!!
    Ignore that rubbish.
    Forum needs more banter.

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Ignore that rubbish.

I think it's right mate, cos my intake was only about 1150 calories yesterday, hence the massive drop in weight over the last couple of days. I might have to bump it up to about 1800 instead of 1650, as I feeling quite tired and lethargic.

I think it's right mate, cos my intake was only about 1150 calories yesterday, hence the massive drop in weight over the last couple of days. I might have to bump it up to about 1800 instead of 1650, as I feeling quite tired and lethargic.
    Work off how you feel mate more than anything and just make sure your getting the right nutrients out of your calories.. I.e a protein shake and can of coke can both contain 150 cals but one will help you sustain energy yet the other will make you crash after a sugar hit.. had an apprentice try and tell me how he can still lose weight drinking only 3 x ice breaks a day ( because thats what his calorie intake worked out like) but would wonder why he was nearly asleep by 3pm each day.

Calories are one thing but if you can work out roughly how much protein , carbs and fats you should have a day the calorie side works out anyway.

Work off how you feel mate more than anything and just make sure your getting the right nutrients out of your calories.. I.e a protein shake and can of coke can both contain 150 cals but one will help you sustain energy yet the other will make you crash after a sugar hit.. had an apprentice try and tell me how he can still lose weight drinking only 3 x ice breaks a day ( because thats what his calorie intake worked out like) but would wonder why he was nearly asleep by 3pm each day.

Calories are one thing but if you can work out roughly how much protein , carbs and fats you should have a day the calorie side works out anyway.
    I get what you are saying, just need to eat more...

I went for my first crossfit workout last night , only a 10 minute AMRAP... I didnt understand but it stands for as many reps as possible. consisted of box jumps , overhead shoulder presses with 20kg + bar and sit ups. Getting out of bed was hard but now my muscles are making me pay hard for yesterdays work.

Cant wait to go back tonight.. I think doing this ill crack 100kg in no time.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I went for my first crossfit workout last night , only a 10 minute AMRAP... I didnt understand but it stands for as many reps as possible. consisted of box jumps , overhead shoulder presses with 20kg + bar and sit ups. Getting out of bed was hard but now my muscles are making me pay hard for yesterdays work.

Cant wait to go back tonight.. I think doing this ill crack 100kg in no time.
    Where at Waddzy? I'd love to give it a go, but there aren't many boxes open at 11pm haha.
    Finally got back into the gym for some weights this week - even if it was short light sessions with the end of semester Uni load. But far out a few weeks off hurts.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Quote Originally Posted by timah! View Post
    Where at Waddzy? I'd love to give it a go, but there aren't many boxes open at 11pm haha.
    Finally got back into the gym for some weights this week - even if it was short light sessions with the end of semester Uni load. But far out a few weeks off hurts.
    Down at southport , Urban energy crossfit. The missus has been going there for awhile and I went in once before but had my mindset elsewhere already as I used to only really beleive in the bodybuilding way of training I.e targeting muscle groups, but after going back with the mindset of fitness and being healthy instead of muscle building I can see how its going to help. Everyone there was friendly and competitive in a great way.

I watched some of the crossfit games the other day too.. Holy S%$T, those guys and girls are fit!

Thread Information