Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1365
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Holy sh1t

Just checked myself for 1st time since new years.
    Aaron finchs score yesterday

Its salad time

Too scared to get on the scales...all of my clothes are getting tight though!

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Guess I best go in here. Down to 103.7 this morning, from 107 starting on Monday. I am using OptiSlim platinum. I got them cos you mix them with milk (skim milk but milk non the less). They replace all meals (3 shakes) and I eat a couple of cups of salad/veges at dinner time. I found the man shake ok, and will probably use it once my 2 weeks on this is up. Want to get to 95.
    be careful of these shakes specially if ya doing 3 shakes a day... I use the Manshake but when i seen my doc and a dietician the both said to me becuase they are high in protein that i should not take on a reg basis as in time they will eat to much of ya body fat away

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by ozdevil View Post
    be careful of these shakes specially if ya doing 3 shakes a day... I use the Manshake but when i seen my doc and a dietician the both said to me becuase they are high in protein that i should not take on a reg basis as in time they will eat to much of ya body fat away
    Sorry but that’s utter bullshit. There is no substance that will eat too much of your body fat away, if there was nobody would be fat.

The reason they are high in protein is because it’s filling, and because protein is muscle sparing when you are in a caloric deficit - meaning it helps you to lose fat more than muscle. Especially if you are resistance training (which is a really good idea on a diet).

And I think the Man Shake is a great choice BTW. Much better than many other diet shakes out there, high protein and not full of sugar. I used them very successfully a couple of years ago myself.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    Sorry but that’s utter bullshit. There is no substance that will eat too much of your body fat away, if there was nobody would be fat.

The reason they are high in protein is because it’s filling, and because protein is muscle sparing when you are in a caloric deficit - meaning it helps you to lose fat more than muscle. Especially if you are resistance training (which is a really good idea on a diet).

And I think the Man Shake is a great choice BTW. Much better than many other diet shakes out there, high protein and not full of sugar. I used them very successfully a couple of years ago myself.
    BenM

having protien shakes can cause harm and there has been deaths in Australia due to Protein shakes

they can start causing some hypertension, heart disease, kidney stones, peptic and stomach ulcers, Bowel disorders

Not so long ago Ben a Perth woman died in june last year as she used protien shakes , she was using protien shakes as a long term use
    she was found with a UCD where the kidneys could not break down the ammonia byprocuct released from processing protein
    to get the amino acids... this is only 1 death i know about and i am sure there is others

I am not saying all cases will end up like this as there was a man, once again in Perth using protein shakes suffered liver failure in a short time of 2-3 weeks and was told by his doctor that he only had 2 weeks to live at best if didnt recieve a transplant in which he was force to take a liver which contained hepetitis B and is now on meds for the rest of his life as a result of protein shakes...

dont get me wrong i am not saying they do not work at all in fact i think they are a useful tool in weightloss

however we need to find away to maintain our weight on a regular basis rather then using a supplement like protein shakesto maintain our weight

i think 3 months on shakes with a good diet but continue diet and maintain then another 12 months do another stint on protein shakes

i just think ya body can not sustain such high protein for length of periods specially if you have medical conditions and lets face it many over weight people have big medical issues, as they have high chance of type 2 diabetes and possible heart disease and hypertension (high blood pressure)

even The ManShake in the terms of use and FAQ suggest you see a doctor before using their protein shake sometimes you do not know that you have such conditions that can cuase a problem on these protein shakes

like everything in life moderation

BenM

having protien shakes can cause harm and there has been deaths in Australia due to Protein shakes

they can start causing some hypertension, heart disease, kidney stones, peptic and stomach ulcers, Bowel disorders

Not so long ago Ben a Perth woman died in june last year as she used protien shakes , she was using protien shakes as a long term use
    she was found with a UCD where the kidneys could not break down the ammonia byprocuct released from processing protein
    to get the amino acids... this is only 1 death i know about and i am sure there is others

I am not saying all cases will end up like this as there was a man, once again in Perth using protein shakes suffered liver failure in a short time of 2-3 weeks and was told by his doctor that he only had 2 weeks to live at best if didnt recieve a transplant in which he was force to take a liver which contained hepetitis B and is now on meds for the rest of his life as a result of protein shakes...

dont get me wrong i am not saying they do not work at all in fact i think they are a useful tool in weightloss

however we need to find away to maintain our weight on a regular basis rather then using a supplement like protein shakesto maintain our weight

i think 3 months on shakes with a good diet but continue diet and maintain then another 12 months do another stint on protein shakes

i just think ya body can not sustain such high protein for length of periods specially if you have medical conditions and lets face it many over weight people have big medical issues, as they have high chance of type 2 diabetes and possible heart disease and hypertension (high blood pressure)

even The ManShake in the terms of use and FAQ suggest you see a doctor before using their protein shake sometimes you do not know that you have such conditions that can cuase a problem on these protein shakes

like everything in life moderation
    Mate it wasn’t the protein shakes that caused that woman to die. It was a pre existing genetic condition that meant her body was unable to break down protein. Don’t fall for the media hype.

If you are otherwise healthy then a high protein diet is perfectly fine. I don’t disagree with anyone seeing a doctor before they make drastic changes to their diet though, that seems eminently sensible.

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    Mate it wasn’t the protein shakes that caused that woman to die. It was a pre existing genetic condition that meant her body was unable to break down protein. Don’t fall for the media hype.

If you are otherwise healthy then a high protein diet is perfectly fine. I don’t disagree with anyone seeing a doctor before they make drastic changes to their diet though, that seems eminently sensible.
    Ben

i know some of it is media hype , yes i agree she had a kidney issue but she was very unaware of that condition and was stimulated by the protein shake she was having

so basicly at the end of the day i believe more control needs to happen and anyone wanting to do these shakes should see there doctors and do some tests for there functions like kidney,liver, heart and hypertension etc

I have high blood pressure myself not as bad as i once was and i have and still am using The Manshake but i am only using it once a day to my dieticians advice as well as doctors advice

i think we all need 3 good meals a day rather then 3 shakes and nothing else with in there diet

I think its very important to cut all sugars except for the good sugars you get with in fruit for example

we all need carbs,we need fats and we need fibre, and we need protien in which we need to balance out in our daily lives

I really like The Manshake as you can get away with milk in them and just used chilled water as there is milk already in the powder

i also think good ingrediant to losing weight is drinking water and i was never a big fan of this but these days i drink 2-3litres of water a day and sometimes 4 litrse if i am doing a gym work out

water also help in losing weight

as i said am not against the Protein shakes they are a useful tool

I’m not sure what control you think needs to happen but blaming protein for that situation is like saying there should be more controls on peanuts because someone dies of a peanut allergy they didn’t know they had. It’s a fear campaign. Protein is good and healthy and becomes even more important as we age.

For the rest of what you’ve said I largely don’t disagree. One of the biggest issues with shakes is having an exit plan. They work well to lose weight but obviously nobody is wants to live on shakes for the rest of their lives so people need to find a way to make sustainable changes that enable them to keep the weight off. Drinking plenty of water and eating three decent meals a day with a good mix of veges, lean protein sources and a limited amount of healthy fat is generally pretty good and simple advice, but everyone is different and what works for one person might be different from another.

Hey oz how is your weight loss going ? Have you reached your goals ? Are you golfing ?

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

After 5 days at the Bellarine including a barge arse mexican feast perhaps npt so good

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Hey oz how is your weight loss going ? Have you reached your goals ? Are you golfing ?
    my weight loss is going good i am from 155kgs down to 135kgs had a bit of stopping zone during the christmas period but no where near my goals but i am back on the train of weight loss and starting back at gym the past 2 weeks ...

yes back playing golf on a regular basis... however it is just cart golf at the moment however some days i will try and walk 9 holes but after that my legs and back just flare up

my weight loss is going good i am from 155kgs down to 135kgs had a bit of stopping zone during the christmas period but no where near my goals but i am back on the train of weight loss and starting back at gym the past 2 weeks ...

yes back playing golf on a regular basis... however it is just cart golf at the moment however some days i will try and walk 9 holes but after that my legs and back just flare up
    Is good you got some weight off , i lost a bit before xmas then put it back on cant shift it now . Hope the back allows you to keep the golf going

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Is good you got some weight off , i lost a bit before xmas then put it back on cant shift it now . Hope the back allows you to keep the golf going
    i have physio every 3rd - 4th Monday as well with dry needling and occasionly get full acupuncture done as well it seems to be working for me with the back

keeping weight off is really hard to do but trying to eat right with excercise seems to work for me even if it is only for 10 minutes

Blog Entries

Bumpity for me. After settling around the 102/3 mark for a while I have gone for a hit on the optislim platinum VLCD shakes again. Endeavouring to get to about 95 this time and then stabilise there. Started Monday at 103.2. This morning weighed in at 100.2. I know most of that is fluid but the body should be using fat from today onwards. Happy with progress so far.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Good luck, Petey. Despite my goal of under 80kg for a little while now, I continue to hang around the 82-84kg mark. The running amount has lifted, but the diet is still as bad as ever.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

103 sounds familiar.

I may as well kill two birds with one stone, seeing that I'm walking everyday this month.

Note to self ... Don't take money for a pie, a drink and a danish, when you walk the dog.
    Last edited by Dotty; 2nd August 2018 at 02:37 PM.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Blog Entries

98.6 this morning. Had dinners on the weekend which was a nice break from the shakes, and meant I bounced back a bit (.3 kg) over the weekend, probably fluid as its off again now. Hopefully close to the 95 by this weekend. Then one more week on the shakes and work to stabilise the weight around that 95 kg mark. This is the first time I am under 100 this century.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

98.6 this morning. Had dinners on the weekend which was a nice break from the shakes, and meant I bounced back a bit (.3 kg) over the weekend, probably fluid as its off again now. Hopefully close to the 95 by this weekend. Then one more week on the shakes and work to stabilise the weight around that 95 kg mark. This is the first time I am under 100 this century.
    You'll weigh less than me. That is excellent work, Petey.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Great work PEDRO!!!
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Well done PD

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Good luck, Petey. Despite my goal of under 80kg for a little while now, I continue to hang around the 82-84kg mark. The running amount has lifted, but the diet is still as bad as ever.
    My running, and all other exercise disappeared, not too long after this post, due to an injury. During this time, I have spend a fair while overseas drinking and eating too much. I'm now back over 90kg for the third time, without being able to lose it through exercising.

Man Shakes it is then. The taste is just okay (caramel at the moment), if the water mixed with it is cold, so I hope they do the job, in line with some other restrictions. Less pastries, giant schnitzels, and beers will probably help too.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

But at what price???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    My running, and all other exercise disappeared, not too long after this post, due to an injury. During this time, I have spend a fair while overseas drinking and eating too much. I'm now back over 90kg for the third time, without being able to lose it through exercising.Man Shakes it is then. The taste is just okay (caramel at the moment), if the water mixed with it is cold, so I hope they do the job, in line with some other restrictions. Less pastries, giant schnitzels, and beers will probably help too.
    I am on the man shakes , lost 7 kg with golf as the only exercise , have put a couple back on over Xmas . I mix the powder with some oats for breakfast, mix it with unsweetened almond milk for lunch , vanilla is my choice .They are a bit pricey, but if you are buying lunch at $10 to $ 12 it works out to be ok and healthier

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Been a bit lax over Nov/Dec after my Great Cycle Challenge stuff. Gym time has been minimal and my diet has been a little loose, so I'm hovering around 104. I shaved 2 and a half months of beard off last night and the face certainly looks just a hint chubbier.

Back into the gym/running/cycling and a bit more strict on minimising the snacks.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Get on the Clenbuterol
    Taylormade M1 16' 430 10.5* Attas G7s
    Taylormade M1 17' 460 10.5* Rogue 125msi 60s
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* Rogue 125msi 60x
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Rogue 125msi 70s
    Cobra King LTD AD MT 7s
    Taylormade M2 15* Speeder Pro 73s
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Matrix HD7s
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour V X stiff
    Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 Raw Wedges 50* 54* 60* KBS Hi Rev
    Callaway MD3 64* PM Grind