Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1365
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Amazing effort, Ben. I'm jealous of your willpower & dedication.
    Do you think the weight loss has affected your golf?
    Definitely. My swing was rooted for a while, but I think it's coming back now. Touch wood. The big thing is fitness, getting through a round of golf is so much less of a struggle now - I just have to make sure I eat enough! I have a tendency to eat the same amount as I would if I was sitting on my backside at work, and you need a lot more than that to keep you going through 18 holes.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I've got a business trip in Melbourne over the next four days. At my office, I generally wear polo shirts and chinos or even jeans, so it has been a while since I've needed business wear. After a trying some of my clothes, it looks like I'm going to have to do polo shirts on the trip for a couple of days too, as I just don't have enough business clothes that fit at the moment. Hmmmm.

Banned

Thought I'd check in quickly here. Started being a bit more careful with what I eat at the beginning of September. Was 120.5kg and as of a week or so ago have gotten down to 105.9kg. Pretty happy with that progress but have fallen off the wagon a bit in the last week. Will get back on tomorrow and try to keep going forward. Ultimate goal is 90kg. BMI says my weight at upper healthy range is 83kg but I would look like a corpse at 83kg so 90-95kg is a good target.

You would be surprised Jazz. I thought the same thing (that I'd be extremely skinny @ 80ish kg).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    You would be surprised Jazz. I thought the same thing (that I'd be extremely skinny @ 80ish kg).
    No, I really do look like a corpse. When I had a really bad bout of gastro a while back I lost a heap of weight and was low 80's. People kept asking me if I was ok and if I was really sick, even once I'd got over the gastro. They literally thought I was dying.

I'll see if I can get below 95kg and see how we are then.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Ignore what other people think. I got the "gaunt" comments for while, but then people got used to the "new" me, which is now the old me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Ignore what other people think. I got the "gaunt" comments for while, but then people got used to the "new" me, which is now the old me.
    I agreed with them. I thought I looked terrible as well.

I had the same thing. A few people genuinely thought I was ill - but that's only because the shape of my face had changed so much. Once you stop dropping weight and stabilise it becomes the new normal (and I think once you're eating at maintenance, your face stops looking so gaunt anyway). I actually didn't mind so much people asking out of genuine concern, but I did get the shits with people telling me I was too thin and I didn't need to lose any more - really, it's none of their business. If I was a female they wouldn't be so quick to body shame, I bet.

Really though, it's what you think that matters - setting a goal (like 95kg) and then reassessing when you get there seems like a sensible solution.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Bump, to get a head start before 1/1/2017.

I saw the doctor about rib pain and he wants to write a referral to a cardiologist.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    I saw the doctor about rib pain and he wants to write a referral to a cardiologist.
    Waste of money Dotty!!
    I went to one, told me I was going to marry an attractive lady and live happily ever after..
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Bump, to get a head start before 1/1/2017.

That's not good. I saw a Doc about rib pain - turns out it was 'displaced' and had been for a month. No wonder I couldn't breathe.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Bump, to get a head start before 1/1/2017. I saw the doctor about rib pain and he wants to write a referral to a cardiologist.
    Wow! I hope it is just your ribs and nothing more serious.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Wow! I hope it is just your ribs and nothing more serious.
    Just a torn/sprained oblique muscle.

I think the cardiologist talk was to get a blood test and scare me into doing something about the beer gut.

Hmmm ... not sure how long since I have been on this thread, but, when I left Australia to move to Prague 3 years ago I was 117 kg. In 2016 I decided that I needed to be a bit more carefull of my diet (Czech food and beer is really really good but bad!). I got down to 91kg and this year I have hit the gym pretty seriously and am now at 95-96kg with about 18-20 body fat. Pretty damn happy with it but still can't get a 6 pack
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Hmmm ... not sure how long since I have been on this thread, but, when I left Australia to move to Prague 3 years ago I was 117 kg. In 2016 I decided that I needed to be a bit more carefull of my diet (Czech food and beer is really really good but bad!). I got down to 91kg and this year I have hit the gym pretty seriously and am now at 95-96kg with about 18-20 body fat. Pretty damn happy with it but still can't get a 6 pack
    Good work!!

A 6 pack is not that easy. I was chasing that for a while, have given up now (for the time being), I still have a thin layer of fat on my belly that won't budge! Have definitely got a 2 pack in the right light though.

Was wearing size 36 pants a couple of months ago and now down to just squeezing into 32's.
    Haven't been going to the gym but had to change the diet after being diagnosed with Type 2.

Still need to work on a few aspect of the diet though and start getting back to the gym but motivation is pretty low after 12-14hr days.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Ian, I'm pretty much where you are at now (albeit with a slightly higher PB of 92.8 and oscillating between 94 and 95kg now). November didn't have a heap of activity after my Great Cycle Challenge rides in October, but I managed to stay at my usual weight with my general daily routine.

In past Decembers I've gone about giving up things like chocolate, soft drink and coffee, with varying degrees of success. But I decided that this December I'll give it a shot at getting as close to 90kg before Christmas as I can, which will mean getting back to my 3-4 x week at the gym, catching up with my PT and looking at getting back to my bike rides, either pre or post work when the temperature's not killer. Plus I'm thinking of throwing in the odd parkrun.

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    Ian, I'm pretty much where you are at now (albeit with a slightly higher PB of 92.8 and oscillating between 94 and 95kg now). November didn't have a heap of activity after my Great Cycle Challenge rides in October, but I managed to stay at my usual weight with my general daily routine.

In past Decembers I've gone about giving up things like chocolate, soft drink and coffee, with varying degrees of success. But I decided that this December I'll give it a shot at getting as close to 90kg before Christmas as I can, which will mean getting back to my 3-4 x week at the gym, catching up with my PT and looking at getting back to my bike rides, either pre or post work when the temperature's not killer. Plus I'm thinking of throwing in the odd parkrun.
    I like your attitude! I wish for weather where I could ride my bike, when I get up in the morning it is between -6 and -1* and sometimes snowing. I hit the gym with a PT 3 days a week and then do a cardio day for my 4th session.

Good luck with your goal!
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

There is a certain Ozgolfer who shall remain nameless that has lost nearly 40kg since this time last year....
    Outstanding effort, more power to you mate....;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    There is a certain Ozgolfer who shall remain nameless that has lost nearly 40kg since this time last year....
    Outstanding effort, more power to you mate....;
    It can't be Haystacks.

There would only be a pair of shoes and a bucket hat left.

I got rid of 150kg of useless fat for a while but it looks like it's back

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Your boyfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    I know I shouldn't but I did laugh.

Minister monster in law was around the other day and commented that I've lost weight. I very rarely weigh myself but at a guess from last time I did I would have been some where just under or over 90kg.
    86kg on the scales at work today. No changes in diet, if anything it's been worse over the last 6 months. Roughly 150K's on the bike over the last 3 weeks though.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

I don't post in here because I'm not following a program or looking at a particular target, but I am slowly losing pounds.

But a special Christmas edition is appropriate, considering the story the scales have told me over the last few days.

I weighed myself on the 23rd, before a dinner and a few beers at the RSL club.

24, 25 and 26 December were all days of absolutely no exercise, big lunches and dinners, dessert with each meal and a few beers and a few chocolates during the day.

The new weight after all of this is an increase of 2.9kgs in three days. Is this a record? Probably not, but I sort of hope a few Ozgolfers can beat it.

I wonder how long it will take to get back to pre-xmas weight, without doing any special effort. My next post in this thread will be when that is achieved, if it is ever achieved. See you in a while!
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

So how did you go Jim - lost it yet?

I missed this post, but I have definitely got that beat. I gained 3.5kg overnight once or twice last year, after having a massive food and beer binge. Most of it was water weight, which falls off over the course of a few days once you go back to eating normally though.

Thread Information