Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default 2006 NSW MatchPlay - draw and results

While I have no independent witness to the draw, I was scrupulously fair.  I wrote all names on post it notes, folded them up, put them in a bag, swirled it around a few times, then pulled out the post-it notes one at a time.  I wish I hadn't done it this way.  Maybe I would've got a better outcome for myself .

Oh well, that's the luck of the draw .

The number corresponds to when each person came out of the bag, Burger came out first, Amanda came out 17th.  Zipptopp was late, so he gets 18.

First Round.

15 - Matt3Jab  versus  18 - Zipptopp

16 - Jimandr  versus  17 - Amanda

Second Round.

1 - Burger  v  winner of 16 v 17

8 - Trung  v  9 - Jono   - RESULT = JONO 4 and 2

5 - PingLauncher v 12 - Miro

4 - TS  v  13 - BradW

------------------------------------------

3 - Grunt  v  14 - Miro's Wife

7 - Andrew  v  10 - Virgal Tracy

6 - Fishman Dan  v  11 - 3oneday

2-  Coffs Hacker  v  winner of 15 v 18

The third round would be winner of match 1 v winner of match 2 etc.

I don't have the software on my computer at home to do the bracket diagram.  If someone else can do that and PM it to me I can copy and paste it in.

Obviously the first round players need to try and get their game in quickly so as not to delay the event.  As Amanda and myself are one of those matches, we should be able to get our game done fairly soon.

The Miro's are unavailable until nearly the end of February, which should suit Grunt.

The highlight of the second round is definitely Dan v Pete.  I look forward to a long series of emoticon-laden comments before, and after, this game takes place.

Get those PM's flying.  If at all possible, announce your match when the schedule is confirmed so other Ozgolfers can join you to act as witnesses and referees.  Quite a few of us can be weekday players if necessary.  

Good luck and have fun    
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    I will have a go at making the draw in excel. I do have some free time on my hands LOL
    Are you using the zip file provided, Grunt? It will save you plenty of time.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

I did it just need to work out how to insert it
    I will have a go
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

I did it just need to work out how to insert it
    I will have a go
    To insert it, you will need to copy the cells on the worksheet and paste to a photo editor or paint maybe. Save that as a picture file, then you can go via imageshack as per usual or make it an attachment to your post.

Blog Entries

What format do I have to save it as So i can upload it.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

What format do I have to save it as So i can upload it.
    The attachment button tells you in the posting area.
    bmp, gif, jpg, zip, etc.

Blog Entries

Updated 7/3/06
    Last edited by Grunt; 7th March 2006 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Match date Updates
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Gees Dan, I didn't realise we got drawn to play Miros wife in the 2nd round !!! who's mattsjabbing ??? or should that be who is matt jabbing ??

What are the play by dates Grant ??
    Last edited by 3oneday; 8th February 2006 at 01:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Don't know pete would have to ask Jim he is the organiser.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I knew if I waited long enough somebody else would have a go at drawing the draw. Thanks Grunt.

I'd like to think we can use common sense and goodwill to get the event done without imposing rules or dates for completion of the rounds. After all, we all nominated because we want to play, I hope.

My game against Amanda will be happening on 26 Feb. If other players can get together on the same day, that would be excellent.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

im trying to organise things with zipptop, coming along now, just deciding on a date and a course to go head to head.
    Go matt3jab!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Ping and Grunt,

The Miros are back in town and looking for some ass to kick and it would seem your's have been nominated.

We can play:

(a) any weekend but would prefer saturday
    (b) a sunday at Ryde Parra with you both as visitors (a bit of a fiddle as major pennants are on at the moment)
    (c) during the next stroke play event which I (actually my wife) has to organise.

Let me know and we will get this thing organised.

Oh and Grunt I am sure my wife will take pity on you given your recent ailments -kind forgiving sole that she is (not).

Miro

Blog Entries

Miro,

Last year it was sort of a rule that games were not played @ players home courses so as not to give home course advantage. I guess the strokeplay would be Ok if it was not to be @ Ryde-Parramatta.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by miro

Oh and Grunt I am sure my wife will take pity on you given your recent ailments -kind forgiving sole that she is (not).

Miro
    Has she got forgiving golf shoes?

Miro,

Last year it was sort of a rule that games were not played @ players home courses so as not to give home course advantage. I guess the strokeplay would be Ok if it was not to be @ Ryde-Parramatta.
    It was not an absolute rule. Amanda played Gary at Gary's home course. Gary gave her extra 2 shots for the home course advantage. I think it's up to the two that are playing the match. If they can come to some sort of arrangement, I don't see a problem.

Blog Entries

Ping and Grunt,

The Miros are back in town and looking for some ass to kick and it would seem your's have been nominated.

We can play:

(a) any weekend but would prefer saturday
    (b) a sunday at Ryde Parra with you both as visitors (a bit of a fiddle as major pennants are on at the moment)
    (c) during the next stroke play event which I (actually my wife) has to organise.

Let me know and we will get this thing organised.

Miro
    Can you guys make Bardwell Valley this Sunday morning? As Jim has booked 2 groups, if ping could make it then we would have our matches on independant ground.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Can you guys make Bardwell Valley this Sunday morning? As Jim has booked 2 groups, if ping could make it then we would have our matches on independant ground.
    I am on standby this week so it would more than likely be a little late to get someone to cover for me. If everyone is available I can try tomorrow though. Let me know ASAP.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Grunt,

What can I say -we are kinda golf course snobs -accordingly I don't think we can make the game at Royal Bardwell Valley.

You may notice I offered 3 options only 1 was at Ryde Parra -just thought you might like a game there. More than happy to play Camden Lakeside or Riverside Oaks or even something up the coast (newcastle way) any weekend.

Let me know if you have any preferences on dates or courses.

Miro

Blog Entries

Well it really depends on both whether I am back on full shift once more soon & if that is the case if I am rostered off the days you available.
    I must admit I am really not going to want to play at a course that I have never played before (that rules Riverside Oaks out).
    I had my match last year somewhere I had never played (the Vintage) and was a tough course for a 27 marker,at first sighting, it was not an experience that I wish to repeat. As for up the coast I might be off limits for that too if the doctors don't give me the right to drive back tomorrow.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Paul, I am in a similar boat to Grant. I would not be overjoyed to play at a difficult course I had not played before. I have not played any of your 3 choices or preferences but from a difficulty level from what I have heard Riverside Oaks and Ryde Parramatta would not be a breeze for golfers of Grant and my abilities.

I will say Ryde Parramatta is one course I certainly plan to play as it comes highly recommended from friends of mine that have played it.

If Grant is still unable to drive I am happy to pick him up which may make Camden Lakeside the best choice.

We obviously have to find a course that is agreeable to all 4 of us. This may be harder than I thought

ahh, just forfeit you lot and get on with it

Grunt,

What can I say -we are kinda golf course snobs -accordingly I don't think we can make the game at Royal Bardwell Valley.

Miro
    Is Bardwell Valley that bad? If that's the case, I'm surprised Jim, who has compained about every single course he has played on (except NSW) has agreed to play his first round match there ...

Sounds like it will be Camden Valley for you 4. May as well have our next round of Strokeplay comp there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Is Bardwell Valley that bad?
    I used to be a member there, cause it's all that was open and I could afford. That tell you anything ???

If not, cause I can be too subtle at times, it's crap.

Sometimes it's just as much of a challenge to play on a B-grade course - it has lots of side sloping lies, raised greens, unique lies etc.

Blog Entries

Guess it is lucky I am still not a member of Royal Botany still then hey. To all of you that do have a problem with playing lower standard courses, I think you are missing out. We don't seem to see the QLD'ers having these problems do we, maybe next years matchplay titles should be held at venues that are prearranged by a commitee at the start of the year. If you can't make it or the course does not match your course standards, tough luck, play or forfeit.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amanda
    Sometimes it's just as much of a challenge to play on a B-grade course - it has lots of side sloping lies, raised greens, unique lies etc.
    Exactly Amanda I agree 100%, it must be a mid handicapper thing but I have notice once you get to single figures you hate everywhere that is not group 1
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Thread Information