Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Micropower club management software

Would like to know some other clubs out there who are using Micropower? Throw some names at me please. I would like to ask if they have the same issues as I am trying to solve at my club.

P.s. getting another solution is not an option, but thanks for the suggestion.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

I don't personally know anything about it, but pretty sure Gold Coast Country Club is using it for timesheets online.

Awesome. That's a great start. I'll drop in tomorrow
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Horton Park
    Pelican Waters
    Peregian Springs
    Nambour

They all have the lot, I think.

Keperra has the scoring/club management software, but not the website (look at the others and you will see they have the same template).
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

What is the issue btw?
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

We have it at Riverlakes MTB. PM me with your issue and I may be able to help as I use it pretty extensively.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    What is the issue btw?
    Server resources. apparently Windows XP running simple fileshare should be enough for our client stations but its not. We have a combination of losing network connection and too many connections to the server, requiring the POS applications to be force quit and restart, and sometimes reboot the server (or delete net sessions from command line but that is beyond the staff)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    We have it at Riverlakes MTB. PM me with your issue and I may be able to help as I use it pretty extensively.
    I'll be in touch
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Club Pro

Micropower should help..but are useless from my experience. Pretty sure Gainsborough Greens and your favourite Palm Meadows use it.

Can't see the name mentioned on the site anywhere, but I believe Cairns GC uses it.

That reminds me, I'm told that there are a few members who may use some kind of app/ script to automatically add their names to the timesheet the instant it opens to the members... any clues on how this might work?
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Can't see the name mentioned on the site anywhere, but I believe Cairns GC uses it.

That reminds me, I'm told that there are a few members who may use some kind of app/ script to automatically add their names to the timesheet the instant it opens to the members... any clues on how this might work?
    Can confirm Cairns uses it... it's in the URL when you are booking online 'http://online.micropower.com.au/Members/teeplusapiv2.aspx'

Don't know anything about it though... & not sure who is responsible for it at the club. Can ask though if you would like...

I'd also be interested in the answer to the question Courty asked...
    WITB
    Cobra Amp Cell 9.5* - Kuro Kage Stiff
    Cobra Amp Cell 3 - 4 Fwy (4) - Fujikura Fuel Stiff
    Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid (3) MRC Cobra Amp Cell Stiff
    Ping I20 4 - UW CFS Stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX 53* & 56* DG Wedge
    TP Mills SoftTail

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I can confirm GCCC uses it , I hate using it to book online.. GCCC seem to be having struggles when ever I book also. I think they might have network connections dropping too.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Reddie Bay has just switched to Micropower from Mi Club. Supposedly to save a fairly substantial amount pa. We seem to be having plenty of issues. You always expect teething problems when switching software platforms, but I suspect the club was oversold on a few aspects. The booking and comp systems seem to be the most troublesome. Some of it is poor transitioning of features, I suspect. I have already picked up a few anomalies that are simply settings/set up issues. Their server system also seems to be underdone. The bookings page can spin its wheels for long periods during peak times. And today you can't log on at all.

Any other clubs having ongoing issues with the Micropower?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Both Gordonvale and Half Moon Bay, where I am now a member have previously been users of the Micropower system. Gordonvale changed over just before I left and joined up at HMB. HMB is changing over to a new system this week apparently.

The main gripes appeared to be around access from mobile devices and a lack of flexibility in the system. I must admit I never encountered much in the way of problems when logging in from my phone however, the interface certainly didn't seem designed for mobile access.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Both Gordonvale and Half Moon Bay, where I am now a member have previously been users of the Micropower system. Gordonvale changed over just before I left and joined up at HMB. HMB is changing over to a new system this week apparently.

The main gripes appeared to be around access from mobile devices and a lack of flexibility in the system. I must admit I never encountered much in the way of problems when logging in from my phone however, the interface certainly didn't seem designed for mobile access.
    I don't find the Mobile version too bad actually. A totally different interface to Mi Club, but seems to work and is basically intuitive.

The issues I am seeing are more about the back end infrastructure and support. For example, our member logon was down for most of the weekend. There is an email from the club this morning that they are working on it, but it seems it was only discovered when staff turned up for work this morning, after the weekend. The reality is that the systems should have been generating plenty of error messages and if their support was at all robust the problem probably should have been fixed by now. Too much of their support is reactive and they are very slow to act from what I have seen.

And it continues. No access to bookings or the competitions systems today. What a load of shite!

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

I just got straight in

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    I just got straight in
    Yeah, working now. The Pro shop would have been cursing trying to get the comp started this morning though.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Cairns ditched Micropower because of major limitations with online bookings, scoring, competitions, mobile users, everything really.

Micropower obviously doesn't do support on weekends! Our system went down early Saturday and is still down.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Woodford has just ditched Micropower for Mi-Club. Great move IMHO

Thread Information