Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

View Poll Results: Is putting in the mind or in the stroke itself?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Mind

2 28.57%
  • The Stroke

5 71.43%
+ Reply to Thread
    Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Default Putting Lesson in Sydney

Hello all, well ive decided that the putter i have i like, its an oldie but a goodie, and now i want to learn how to use it, so im wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good pro who may have gave them a lesson in the past, preferbly in putting, that worked well for them, it may even be your club pro, want to organise something for tomorrow so let me know anyone you think would be a good putting guru for me, thanks.

i'll add a poll aswell:
    putting is all in the mind???
    putting is good mechanics and practice?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Matt

I had a 15 minutte lesson with Jackson Chen and it has improved my putting no end. He would be one of the best pro's I have dealt with, teaches you in laymans terms. His mobile number is 0413022343. He gives lessons at Wooloware & Camden Lakeside.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

thanks grant, i remeber you saying you had a lesson and i should get one, do you think he would be good for a lesson tomorrow?? and do i mention your name or what?

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

There is no single right way to putt, look at all the different styles out there that work. It's mostly in the mind.

Do yourself a favour: http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3744

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Matt - I personally don't think there is anything wrong with your technique - it's all in your head man!

After you have your putting lesson, how about we play 9 holes of golf after the comp on a Sat or Sun arvo and we go through a bit of psychology? Not in a formal sense - but I had a session with a psych on the course and it was super helpful.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Matt,

Richard Flood

Teahes out of the Lakes -so the facilities are unbeatable.

Was the head Pro at the Lakes for 20 odd years.

Taught mant Oz tour Pros including most notably Craig Parry who is recognised as the best short game around.

We started going to him abuot 9 months ago -this lead to the wifes handicap going from 17 to 9. Basically the only lessons I have had from him have been putting which has made a huge difference to me (its a shame I can't get the ball on the green?).

If you want his numbe let me know.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Matt. You can arrange a package deal together with Jono, Jono had a 4 putt and couple of 3 putt yesterday. The Doc was about ready to give up on golf and take up bowls.

Thanks everyone, miro i will pm you about the guy, thanks, i saw my pro today, and well turns out that my putter face was closed all these years, i putted cross handed today with the face square (looks open to me but isnt) and didnt miss one short one and putted really well, very confident now.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Matt - was that with Barry, Dan or Renata? (don't get Trung started on Renata!)

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Yeah my fault I had was my head was not over the ball and I held the putter too much in the fingers. Jackson sent me an email today with the fact he is available at Camden Lakeside after 1 this friday.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

barry gave me a quick lesson, he has seen me flushing it and not scoring well, so just gave me some tips, then i tried it and showed him, he said perfect!

Thread Information