Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: NFL

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Yes, PT, the game should be a beauty.

I've just watched the replay of the 49'ers game. They were very impressive, again. They have been a good team all year. I've sort of been waiting for their bubble to burst, but they seem to have everything in place.

Kansas have been a good team for years, and with Brady now in decline, Mahomes might be the new king of quarterback. If he wins the superbowl, he could certainly claim to be on the same level as Russell Wilson, if not better..

I'm not sure who to cheer for. I like both teams. I think I'll go for Kansas, as they haven't won for a very long time, and they probably deserve a superbowl.

Either team will need to take advantage of their window of opportunity, because Baltimore will win the next 10 superbowls (he says with just a touch of optimism).
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Niners are a better all round team. Typically defenses win Superbowls, and up until last week I would say the Chiefs defense was not good enough, but they shut the Titans run game down really well. Looking forward to this one.

Oh and Jim - Las Vegas Raiders will go on a Superbowl spree

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Yes, PT, the game should be a beauty.

I've just watched the replay of the 49'ers game. They were very impressive, again. They have been a good team all year. I've sort of been waiting for their bubble to burst, but they seem to have everything in place.

Kansas have been a good team for years, and with Brady now in decline, Mahomes might be the new king of quarterback. If he wins the superbowl, he could certainly claim to be on the same level as Russell Wilson, if not better..

I'm not sure who to cheer for. I like both teams. I think I'll go for Kansas, as they haven't won for a very long time, and they probably deserve a superbowl.

Either team will need to take advantage of their window of opportunity, because Baltimore will win the next 10 superbowls (he says with just a touch of optimism).
    Agreed, Mahomes v Jimmy G is an enticing battle.

Like many of the commentators I was surprised at how little Jimmy G threw the ball but given how outstanding their rushing was it didn't really matter.

I'm going for the Niners as I lived in SF during the Steve Young era.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Please forgive and correct my ignorance but....

Is there a legitimate reason why they spot kick in the same spot after every touch down? Why can't it be like League or Union?

Must be the easiest sporting job in the world to take that same kick from the same spot every time

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post

Is there a legitimate reason why they spot kick in the same spot after every touch down? Why can't it be like League or Union?

Must be the easiest sporting job in the world to take that same kick from the same spot every time
    That would be because it’s a different game.

You could ask why cricketers bowl from 22 yards or soccer always kicks off from the centre circle or AFL has a centre bounce...

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post

Except for the fact that you have 11 guys charging at you trying to block the kick and only a split second for the ball to be snapped, rotated, set and kicked. IF the holder stuffs up the process at all, you'll see some misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Except for the fact that you have 11 guys charging at you trying to block the kick and only a split second for the ball to be snapped, rotated, set and kicked. IF the holder stuffs up the process at all, you'll see some misses.
    It has always puzzled me why they don't just go back an extra couple of yards for the extra point.

I assume that at some point they have established precisely how far back the snapper can snap the ball to without having the snap affected by wind or rain.

As to the game, I enjoyed it. Both teams played well in spots, but when the momentum changed, it seemed the Chiefs found all the answers.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

A new season starts, and despite covid, not much seems to have changed. Kansas still looked a good team, and will be hard to beat all year.

Despite NFL being a game where crowd atmosphere is very important, both to the overall atmosphere and to home ground advantage, I didn't think much was lost by the lack of a big crowd. 17k instead of 70k, but they still made a bit of noise. It was very quiet when the away team scored though.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    A new season starts, and despite covid, not much seems to have changed. Kansas still looked a good team, and will be hard to beat all year.Despite NFL being a game where crowd atmosphere is very important, both to the overall atmosphere and to home ground advantage, I didn't think much was lost by the lack of a big crowd. 17k instead of 70k, but they still made a bit of noise. It was very quiet when the away team scored though.
    That’s Kansas City Mr President. Go Vikes

Blog Entries

New Chiefs running back looks good. As if they needed another threat ... Most of the stadiums will be empty so Mondays games will be interesting. Hopefully the Raiders have a defense this year.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

I had a close look at the TV schedule for the Monday games, after there was no mention of coverage on 7mate in my TV guide.

In fact, where my guide just says 'overnight programs', 7mate are showing two early morning games, starting at 3 and 6, but they are not showing the Sunday Night Football game later that morning.

ESPN are showing the Sunday Night Football game, and they also have two early games. The really good thing for the real desperates are that their games aren't the same early games as 7mate. So the record button could get a lot of work if this schedule plays out all year.

Not sure if people are aware of this, but you can watch a condensed version of games with a free NFL gamepass membership. At least thats what mine lets me do, allows you access to either highlights or a game in 40' but obviously not the live games or full replays unless you pay for the full membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppas View Post
    Not sure if people are aware of this, but you can watch a condensed version of games with a free NFL gamepass membership. At least thats what mine lets me do, allows you access to either highlights or a game in 40' but obviously not the live games or full replays unless you pay for the full membership.
    Working from home gives one time for full length live games

In my view, there are few things sadder than a sporting legend who doesn't know when to quit, and tarnishes their legacy as a result.

Maybe the one thing sadder is being wrong about that legend.

I'm a bit torn on who to cheer for (or to root for, as we are talking US Sport). Tampa are the underdog. Tom Brady makes a great story. Tampa might not get another chance, but Kansas looks like they will be contenders for years. On the other hand, Kansas clearly deserves their place, and could string together an historic run. And I've always liked them, while i haven't always liked Tom Brady or his team.

So, Kansas it is, for me.

I may be more interested in the Sportsbet novelty bet of which colour the Gatorade shower might be. Orange is good odds at $2.60.

Blog Entries

Hate them both Cheering for the defenses to smash the qbs.

I think the buc's defense might be able to get the old man his 7th ring.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

No sure, can you catch a football with your face?

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Go the Goat.

Worst 1/2 time show ever!

Go the weekday!

Attached Images

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Good to hear a real vocal performance without any over reverb effects or auto tune

Solid performance from the Weeknd

Default Nfl

Go the Goat!
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 8th February 2021 at 02:14 PM.

Goat surely can’t repeat....
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 8th February 2021 at 02:16 PM.

They had a streaker too, some great commentary of his run.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1358611559229124610

Thread Information