Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    So shit to see this happen.
    If the Raiders had a more reliable defence and standout running game, they might have gotten away with a "game mgr" type of QB to replace Carr. You could just see it in Del Rio's face, he knew their post-season chances were sunk when Carr went to the sidelines.

Me, I'm a Patriots and Vikings fan. I think it's going to be a Patriots vs ?? SB. Hoping to go to the SB next season.
    Srixon ZX5 9.5* Hazrdus Smoke Black 60s/ Baldo 8c Craft 9* Rogue 110msi Silver 60s
    Tour Edge Exotics 15* - Motore 70s
    Mizuno JPX HM 4 iron, bent to 19*
    Srixon ZX5 4 - 6, ZX785 7 - PW KBS Tour stiff
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 60*
    Odyssey White Hot Tour #7

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by davidp View Post
    If the Raiders had a more reliable defence and standout running game, they might have gotten away with a "game mgr" type of QB to replace Carr. You could just see it in Del Rio's face, he knew their post-season chances were sunk when Carr went to the sidelines.

Me, I'm a Patriots and Vikings fan. I think it's going to be a Patriots vs ?? SB. Hoping to go to the SB next season.
    McGloin isn't a terrible back up, they should still go ok, just not like they were going to with Carr.

The Cowboys are the obvious choice for the NFC, but a rookie QB and RB in big playoff games is scary.

If the Giants can get the running game going at all, we just might see them slip in vs The Pats.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Raiders beat Denver they get a week off and that will put them in a better position. Defences win championships and that has been an issue in Oakland this year. McGloin is better than he is getting credit for. I don't think the Pats are a lock. KC is pretty stifling and would frustrate them, and the Steelers are always dangerous. Should be a good AFC playoff series, particularly if Miami can beat the Pats this weekend, just like last year.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

McGloin isn't a terrible back up, they should still go ok, just not like they were going to with Carr.

The Cowboys are the obvious choice for the NFC, but a rookie QB and RB in big playoff games is scary.

If the Giants can get the running game going at all, we just might see them slip in vs The Pats.
    I have no idea about the Raiders, but I agree with the rest of JC's post. Even more so after watching Dallas thrash Detroit today. New York appear to be the only team who can beat the Cowboys, and they might do so if they meet again. However, if Green Bay actually make the playoffs (which they will do if they win next week), they are the hottest team right now, and could ride that momentum all the way.

I think the Patriots are the best team on the other side, but it has been a strange season. Teams like Seattle and Kansas and Pittsburgh look like champs one week and mugs the next.

Which ever way it goes, the playoffs should be really good.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

As a Seahawks fan, I think the most important game this season is Saints v Falcons.

Our team is a fractured mess, Sherman out of control, Lockette hurt is hugely limiting to our offensive portfolio, earl thomas not being there is as big a loss as gronk is to pats, he is the captain and leader of our best unit.

We need the bye to regroup, we need to avoid multiple away games, please mr Brees, step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by markvos View Post
    As a Seahawks fan, I think the most important game this season is Saints v Falcons.

Our team is a fractured mess, Sherman out of control, Lockette hurt is hugely limiting to our offensive portfolio, earl thomas not being there is as big a loss as gronk is to pats, he is the captain and leader of our best unit.

We need the bye to regroup, we need to avoid multiple away games, please mr Brees, step up.

Lockett had about 2 healthy games all year. You guys will be ok without him.

Sherman still makes the plays, Thomas does hurt a lot.

Lockett had about 2 healthy games all year. You guys will be ok without him.

Sherman still makes the plays, Thomas does hurt a lot.
    He spread the field and gave us the home run ball threat late in games... also didn't he play every game this year?

He spread the field and gave us the home run ball threat late in games... also didn't he play every game this year?

He's had a dodgy knee until recently. Had zero impact until the past coupe games.

Really? He has 99 yards in week 2 v the rams where we combined for 272, he was hugely important vs Patriots, and he's had 600 yards for the season at an average of 15.... his speed was always valuable in stretching the field even when he wasn't making huge plays

My Packers against the Giants this week will be the game to watch! Rodgers had a blinder on Sunday against the Lions, but the Giants have a great record in the playoffs at Lambeau Field. The bookies have the Packers as favourites, but I'm fearing an upset (probably on the final play of the game like the past 2 years!).

Quote Originally Posted by golfiender View Post
    My Packers against the Giants this week will be the game to watch! Rodgers had a blinder on Sunday against the Lions, but the Giants have a great record in the playoffs at Lambeau Field. The bookies have the Packers as favourites, but I'm fearing an upset (probably on the final play of the game like the past 2 years!).
    Giants seem like hot air to me. They have a great defence but their offence is pathetic and one dimensional.

No games are certain, but I'd give the lions more of a chance than the G

Giants seem like hot air to me. They have a great defence but their offence is pathetic and one dimensional.

No games are certain, but I'd give the lions more of a chance than the G
    Well I'm hoping for the Curse of the Bieber for the Giants after partying with him in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by golfiender View Post
    Should be a great game. Rodgers has torn it up the second half of the season. I'm picking the pack, 21-13.

Blog Entries

Rodgers seems unstoppable. But the Giants beat the Cows, twice.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Great win by the Packers, was slow to start and the defense seem to have Rodgers contained in the first half. But he finished strong, and the Giants offense was just not threatening. Hopefully Jordy Nelson's injury is not serious, will need him against the Cowboys next week.

What an interesting weekend of playoff games.

I haven't really rated Atlanta so far. I thought they were pretenders taking advantage of a weak division and an easy draw. But they were top class in thrashing Seattle.

New England were their usual unbeatable selves.

Then today we had maybe the best game of the season and one of the worst. If you didn't enjoy Green Bay and Dallas you are either a diehard Cowboy fan or you shouldn't ever watch NFL. That was just fantastic.

It was just as well, as the other game was awful. I know the weather played a part, but I can't see Pittsburgh getting close next week.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I can't imagine any of our NFL followers will have forgotten that tomorrow is the big day.

I don't do anything special for it, but I'll be at home watching. The Superbowl is one of those events where it is impossible to avoid the result in order to enjoy the replay.

I'm still rooting for Atlanta, as they say in the USA, but without any confidence. I'm not really fussed if the Pats win. I don't hate them the way some fans do.

Blog Entries

Oh I hate the cheating scum. Remember - it was a fumble!
    Even Raider Nation has declared today they are Falcon Nation.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

I've taken the day off and am heading to the pub to watch it now. Any excuse Go Falcons!

Member Club Champion

Couldn't last a quarter of ESPN's coverage. Switched to Gamepass and Chromecast to the TV.

Good game so far. Not great but good. Will be an interesting second half as you don't see the Pats stay down for a whole game.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Handicap - Golfing Journey - WITB coming soon -

Blog Entries

Best superbowl I can remember and I Hate the Pats. Amazing.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Best superbowl I can remember and I Hate the Pats. Amazing.
    Unbelievable!

Member Club Champion

Still prefer each team a possession in OT but the Pats had all the momentum and deserve the win. Falcons stopped dead.

Defense came up big and then Brady did the rest.

Hate the Pats but credit given where credit due.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Handicap - Golfing Journey - WITB coming soon -

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Was a great game, even the missus was happy to watch!!!! Not a pats fan (go Packers)

Blog Entries

New season is underway. An awesome opening game saw the Chiefs smash the Patriots in the only game I would ever support the Chiefs in. Raiders got the business done in Tennessee, with some of the new acquisitions fitting in very nicely. Looking forward to this season.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Thread Information