Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member Club Champion

Default My golf clubs got stolen...

The Bad
    I got a call this evening from my wife while I was catching a bus home from the city. She was very upset. She took my car to work today so she could put some fuel in it and pump the tires up, just so I didn't need to do it . Anyway, she didn't realise I had my clubs in the back seat (its a Civic, the boot is too small) until she got to work.

After work, she got back into the car and noticed that the glove compartment was opened with stuff all over the passenger side, and the face of the CD player missing. She then noticed that the clubs were also gone. This was at Garden City. She has reported it to police who rang me to confirm what was stolen.

All very dissapointing as I had only gotten 2 new clubs in the last week. The golf stuff stolen was:

Wilson Stand Bag
    TaylorMade Rescue Mid #2 & #4
    Ram Bi-Metal irons 3-SW
    Ram FX black chrome 60* wedge
    Rossa Monza putter

I hope the scumbag(s) who took it hits every shot into the water/bushes/bunker and losses all his balls,

Looking at the brighter side of things
    I'm going in for a knee reconstruction tomorrow evening, so I won't be needing the clubs for a while.

And ever since starting up golf 8 months ago and stumbling on golf forums and websites, I've learnt so much in such a short time that, I've sort of wished I could start my bag all over again as I would have done a few things differently. Well, I guess I have and opportunity to do that now.

Well, off to find out if insurance would cover it.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Damn Kee, that sucks big time
    Just keep an eye on the Pro Shop section of this site, I am sure a bargain will pop up soon enough mate

I hope the low lifes who stole your gear, try using your clubs and a shaft snaps off in one of their legs

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Kee you just bought an R7 tour right?

bad luck mate, hope the #@!@$%$@ trip on a hose, land on a rake and have no ambulance cover

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

your clubs should be under your Home and Contents insurance.. just depends who you are with
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

sorry to hear about your misfortune Kee

but think positive ... Nudgee will have plenty of goodies for sale in the near future i'm sure

good luck mate
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

or just look for ozmacleod...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

That sucks, Kee. Hope your car or home portable valuables insurance covers it.
    And if it does.....didn't I leave my clubs in your car as well.

They probably won't use the clubs, but try and flog it off at Cash Converters or something.
    Should clubs be engraved to help identify them when someone tries to flog them off Like on the head or something.

Quote Originally Posted by McMw
    or just look for ozmacleod...
    He's ran out of golf clubs to sell. He's selling his body now.

Member Club Champion

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I'm not covered in either my car or home contents. For the car, I can only claim it if there was any damage to the car, but I cannot find any damage at all. They must have come in the "RACQ" way.

Well, here goes my slow rebuilding process of my set.

Kee, i have that driver that i was telling Andylo about. It's a popular club with a regular grafalloy blue shaft in it.

If you're interested in it send me a PM
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kee
    Unfortunately I'm not covered .
    Unless, of course, your clubs were stolen from your back shed ??? Don't even believe you need to report THAT theft to the police.

This message will self destruct in 1 hour.

Just want to add my sympathy to you. If I lost my clubs I'd be &%$#@ing mad.
    Hope your op goes well and good fortune come your way soon.

If I knew which hospital you where in I'd send you flowers
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Kee I feel so sorry for you

Guys, he just got his RM2 and RM4 on last Friday and this Monday, I was managed to give it a few hit, and his Mozza is a beauty.

For those who driving a hatch back you better find something to cover up your club, especially in those school holidays.

Guys, can any of you provide information on insure your golf clubs? Do I just go to NRMA and say I want to insure my set of club or something?

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by andylo
    Guys, can any of you provide information on insure your golf clubs? Do I just go to NRMA and say I want to insure my set of club or something?
    Actually i've got to clear up this insurance 'gray area'. Depending on your Home and Contents insurance, your clubs may or may not be included in this - whether they are in the garage or the boot of the car. Being that insurance companies do what they can to get out of paying, best to make sure.

When i bought the engagement ring, i was forced to add it as a 'Portable valuable'. Makes sense. However i wouldn't consider golf clubs, mobile phones, sunglasses, walkmans etc to be in the same category.

In fact, when i listed my 'portable valuable', I was told that the insurance company would NOT cover it because there wasn't enough 'spread of risk' - in other words, they wanted me to jack up the value of my home and contents by $30k (and hence my premium cost) just to cover it. Complete bollocks, which was later confirmed by a more knowledgeable (less salesy) member of staff.

Moral of the story - check that your current premium includes a Home and Contents policy that covers valuables such as stuff that would even be left in the car etc.
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

I enquired recently re the "portable value" insurance. You can get it, you need to stipulate the brand of each item you wish to insure, then it's value. You can then add it onto your contents insurance.

I haven't actually got it happening yet, will wait for my contents to come up, but it covers you for situations such as this.

Pete

Senior Member Major Winner

I made the call too - it's an extra cost, of course. My insurance is up in August so it will be re-assessed then, if i want to add it today, no pro-rata cost, however in August they'd slug me more on the premium.

I am sure there are other companies out there who offer this cover standard, so perhaps time to look around. After all, golf clubs are only any use if they are taken out of the garage.
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Member Club Pro

Man having your clubs pinched, thats the pits! F'ing low lifes!

What are you having done to your knee Kee?
    I have had Anterior Cruciates reconstruction on both knees and have no real ongoing problems. Just need to try & keep the old leg muscles strong(ish).

Member Club Champion

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone . Money for a new set of clubs isn't really an issue, although its just a dissapointing feeling to have to spend the money again on some of the same clubs I used to own. Plus, obviously the mortgage would have been happier without me having to spend the money .

Anyway, I guess some suggestions for what replacements to get would be welcomed. I'm only a beginner, probably the same standard as andylo :P , although not as good with a driver . I normally play without a driver.

Burger, I'm getting my anterior cruciate done on my left knee. There is also some cartilege work that needs to be done. This is the first and hopefully last time I've done my knee. I'm glad to hear there is no ongoing problems for you . How long did it take for you to be mobile and active again after to op?

ps. My wife just came back from the doctors at Carindale Shopping center and her old Honda Accord's door was left wide open. Nothing was taken (nothing inside, we've learned ). What is going one here. In our years of driving, we have never experienced anything like this .

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Kee. Sorry to hear what happened mate. Hopefully something positive comes out of it. You may have sparked a few of us to double check our contents insurance.

I did just upgrade my cover two weeks ago. I got portable / "all risks" cover for the wife's engagement ring & my golf clubs etc... I had to specify the brands of clubs etc and take pictures. Same for the engagement ring, ie. cut, carats, style etc & provide a valuation. As a rough guide, $15k worth of portable cover cost me $300 p.a.

In addition, I had to specify a number of my contents items, ie. CD & DVD collection, mountain bikes, Home Theatre equipment etc. as they were above the limits of what the insurer would cover. The remaining bucket of contents cover is deemed to be those items which are valued under their standard allowances etc...

I've moved a heap of times in the last 6 years, so have a pretty reasonable home itinerary. It's worth doing, as you'd be amazed at the replacement cost of everything you have lying around.

I went with AAMI. They worked out cheaper for me than my previous cover with Suncorp. AAMI's cover included $10Million of public liability insurance - essential these days since that guy got sconned at Magnetic Island and sued...

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

GOD!! You got done twice in a row in 2 days!! That's too much!!

What's going on here? What the hell the cop's out there doing?

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kee
    How long did it take for you to be mobile and active again after to op?
    Kee, it was a while ago (6 years +) now, but it also depends on what you call mobile & active.
    You have to be able to get around on crutches before they let you go home, which these days I think is only a couple of days.
    I was walking pretty much OK (without a brace) after about 6-8 weeks.
    Footballers seem to get back after 6 weeks, however my memory was that it was 6 months or so before I was back playing 'gentle' tennis.
    A lot depends on how you quickly you build muscle bulk and respond to physio.

The best tip I can give you is be VERY dedicated with the exercises the physio gives you as the more you do them, the faster and better your recovery will be!

Hope all goes well for the op and you recover well & quickly and are soon back playing golf!
    stu

Kee - sorry to hear about everything that has happened Think of it this way - some time in the future when you really need a break or some luck - it will happen!

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Kee

Just read your terrible news.... simply awful to hear. There are just some real a$$holes in this world....

Hope that the knee op goes well.... then you can start on the new golf clubs.... Good luck.
    Cheers,
    Golfgirl

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69
    If you want just anything to swing in the meantime, you can borrow my very old TM Burner thats in the garage...
    Sorry t get off topic, but: Golfer69. why the hell are you hitting the Whale when you've got a TM Burner sitting around? Those burners were awesome clubs!
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Dont any of you blokes realise that you got Golf Club insurance with your Membership? its free and unconditional - which means no matter what happened to your clubs, they are covered new for old.

eg Mums car got broken into and clubs stolen from the boot, she didnt even know what day they were stolen. The insurance paid up, no questions.

Home and Contents insurance can be useless, if the clubs are stolen from outside the clubhouse while your washing your hands, becuase you didnt secure them.

My gut feeling is that this insurance that its a blanket thing through the golf union, but then again it might just be a benefit that my club takes out for its members. Be worth your while asking your club before shelling out wasted money for private insurance.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information