Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Anchored!!!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Is that because you can now see trees and bunkers and other scary shit?

P.s. poorly designed glasses can distort contours. I discovered one pair i had, tilted the green break to the opposite side on 10-20 ft putts only (weird but true). If it wasnt for Brisvegas making some comment that my green reading must be off i would never have known.

Other factors like polarised lenses and grey tints are also bad for golfers.
    The glasses are to correct poor long vision. I have no touch now when hitting the ball.

I also believe the polarised lenses on my sunnies are impacting my putting - can't see the break like I used to, and cant judge it the putts are up or down.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Your experience is expected. Polarised flattens contours and reduces contrast. Use these for the beach, fishing and flying airplanes only.

You need brown/ambernon-polarised for golf. Green is ok, but not as good.

Jump into google and do research like " what glasses tint for sports" lots of websites publish a table with all the reasons explained.

If your optometrist suggested you get polarised for golf you have a great opportunity for a refund due to consumer law not fit for purpose.

Every 2nd optomitrist i speak to has no idea and are suggesting grey/optomised for golf. Run away!
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Get contact lenses. Golf in the rain sucks, but with glasses on it's even worse.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Funny enough I've preferred my transition grey cycling glasses for golf over the golfing lenses I've had in the past. And I haven't had a headache at the end of my round with the grey ones.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Your experience is expected. Polarised flattens contours and reduces contrast. Use these for the beach, fishing and flying airplanes only.You need brown/ambernon-polarised for golf. Green is ok, but not as good.Jump into google and do research like " what glasses tint for sports" lots of websites publish a table with all the reasons explained.If your optometrist suggested you get polarised for golf you have a great opportunity for a refund due to consumer law not fit for purpose. Every 2nd optomitrist i speak to has no idea and are suggesting grey/optomised for golf. Run away!
    They were my first ever pair of prescription glasses.I have many lessons to learn for next year's pairs.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

You can get another pair online for as little as $50. Nothing wrong with them, same lenses as everyone uses.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I was threatening to get to my hard cap, after Dad died in May my game predictably went downhill and I went out 3.6 shots from my low. Over the last month I've been improving though and have dropped back down half a stroke so hopefully that's the end of it going up.

I forgot the glasses this morning as I ran out the door after working from 5 thanks to ****ing Optus...

Shot 84/74 - still can't putt, but thats more the sandy lumpy greens.

Guess I am going back to no glasses again.

Chopperlink

WITB

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I forgot the glasses this morning as I ran out the door after working from 5 thanks to ****ing Optus...

Shot 84/74 - still can't putt, but thats more the sandy lumpy greens.

Guess I am going back to no glasses again.
    Contacts for golf or nothing.

Or better yet, laser.

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk

I struggle with contacts, takes too long to adjust focus when looking up to see the ball flight,and that just bothers me. Sight with glasses is so much better.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information