Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Inaugural 2013 NSW OZgolf Champs (Winner: matty)

Let's get the NSW CHAMPS on the road boys.......

FRI 11 OCT (Optional)
    Moss Vale GC
    12pm - 2 groups. First in, best dressed.
    $33/person green fees.

Course Overview-: http://www.mossvalegolfclub.com.au/?page_id=13

SAT 12 OCT - Day 1 of Champs
    Mt.Broughton GC
    11am - 5 Groups
    $72/person includes comp, green fees, & cart.

Course Overview-: http://www.mtbroughton.com.au/np/the-course.php

SUN 13 OCT - Day 2 of Champs
    Highlands GC
    8.30am - 5 Groups - 10 carts reserved.$40/cart
    $30.50/person includes comp, green fees, BBQ.
    Champs presentation held on balcony overlooking 18th green.

Course Ovierview-: http://www.highlandsgolfclub.com.au/course-info/

ACCOMMODATION
    Mittagong RSL Mineral Springs Motel - Ph. 4871 3133
    4.5 stars
    10 x twin rooms reserved for Fri 11th & 12th Oct.
    $170/room/night. ($85/head/night). Room only.
    Breakfast in RSL. Hot buffet breakfast about $17, cereal etc about half that. Pay on the morning.
    Get a roomie, ring up, ask to book a room with the 'Ozgolf' group.

Accommodation Overview-: http://www.mittagongrsl.com.au/htms/mineralSprings.htm

WINNERS AND PRIZE AWARDEES

Winner: matty
    Runner-up: Stuartd147
    NTP - Mt Broughton, 4th and 10th: KristianJ; Highlands, 4th: Liptout, 18th: Anfieldred
    Longest drive - Mt Broughton 8th: virge666; Highlands 9th: KristianJ
    NAGA: Anfieldred
    Knockout Putting Comp: JADO75

1 x Pure Performance Golf Lab Driver fitting and driver. Value $949 (matty)
    1 x Pure Performance Golf Lab full bag fitting. Value $349 (Stuartd147)
    1 x Pure Performance Golf Lab full bag fitting. Value $349 (rqrox)
    1 x Pure Performance Golf Putter Fitting. Value $149 (TS)
    1 x Putting Assessment donated by Sydney Putting Studio. Website-: http://fixmygolfswing.com.au/ Value-: $70 (virge666)
    1 x Lajosi putter refurb with additional goodies thrown in. Website-: http://lajosiputters.com.au/ Value-: $80 (stealth2)
    1 x Coaching clinic with Anne Rollo. Website-: http://fixmygolfswing.com.au/ Clinic is for a four person (Ozgolf) group for a 1hr coaching clinic. Prize includes a 'Great Golf' on-course tips book and 'How to practice your putting at Home' DVD. (titleist, to be accompanied by JADO75, Dotty and KristianJ)
    1 x $100 Drummond voucher (Liptout)
    Last edited by KristianJ; 13th October 2013 at 07:24 PM.

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Congratulations to matty on the win, and to all the others for turning up & making it happen.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

OP amended with major winners and prizes awarded...

Can someone please post who got the NTP on the 4th today? I've forgotten who it was.

well done Matty and all who organised
    the awesome prizes on offer should have the numbers double next year for sure

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post

Can someone please post who got the NTP on the 4th today? I've forgotten who it was.
    'Twas me KJ

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post

I think it was Liptout.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Blog Entries

Well done Matty on both the win and organising what seems to have been a great Champs.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

The weekend was Tops............ Good to catch up, well organised and great company. Bad luck Stuart I also thought you had it. Well done Matty, awesome scoring. I met a new drinking LEGEND over the weekend. Shame he threw it all up. Hey where is the vidoe of that incident also ?. Until the next one everyone.
    WITB
    • Taylormade SIM, with a new shaft for every hour of the day !!
    • RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood 14.5
    • Taylormade P770, Modus 105's
    • Vokeys
    • TaylorMade JDay

Well done Matty on a much deserved win and on organising such an awesome weekend.
    To my playing partners.... I'm sorry you had to witness the tripe I was hacking out but at least I had 2 shots late in the champs that will keep me coming back.
    Definitely in for the 2014 edition, gotta defend my NAGA trophy! !
    Again awesome job Matty and congrats to all the deserved winners.
    Driver: titliest 913D3 with oban revenge

Fairway: tourstage xfw type T 17deg with
    Quattrotech MD7s

Hybrid:XR pro 20deg with project x 6.0
    yamaha 24deg with rombax 100HB x

Irons : Yamaha inpres 410v with steelfiber i95 3-pw stiff

Wedges: bridgestone WC Design 52
    Bridgestone j40 58

Putter: Nike MC04W

Quote Originally Posted by Anfieldred View Post
    Well done Matty on a much deserved win and on organising such an awesome weekend.
    To my playing partners.... I'm sorry you had to witness the tripe I was hacking out but at least I had 2 shots late in the champs that will keep me coming back.
    Definitely in for the 2014 edition, gotta defend my NAGA trophy! !
    Again awesome job Matty and congrats to all the deserved winners.
    Those 2 shots were sensational (and bullshit!)

Well done Matty, sounds like you guys had a blast!

Sounds like the new Lajosi is going well?
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Where do I start. Thanks to all who attended for making it a cracking weekend. Top bunch of blokes, everyone put in to help, witnessed some great golf and some funny golf. The accommodation was perfectly positioned and the midnight close at the attached club was probably a blessing.

There were numerous highlights over the three days, starting on the practice Friday. A great, casual round in a group of six. We all couldn't believe how altitude affects the ball. It goes and goes. Virge and I continued to remain amazed at the distances. Virge was bombing irons silly distances. My 19* hybrid got out 265m on the railroad par 5 at Mt Broughton.

Mt.broughton was its typical tough test of golf. Stealth and Sturatd147 were the standouts. Virge went to the wrong golf course, just made his tee time, hit off, got to his ball, and realised he hadn't put his clubs in the cart. Hahahahhahaha. Seeya!

Jado showed his flair and confidence in taking out the putting comp sinking a pearler of a 6m putt for the win. It was a great way to end round 1 with a few beers around the practice green, sledging those still in it.

Saturday night was well spent talking shit at the club over pool tables. Me and Rqrox remain undefeated after knocking out an Australian snooker champion with a beautiful cut shot into the corner pocket. That shot took skill. Another Saturday highlight was all fellas getting touched up by Jado and watching him, stealth and anfieldred losing a considerable amount of dosh on the porkies after building a nice stash.
    Today's final round was all about stealth and stu. An update halfway through has stealth dropping off and rqrox moving into a share of the lead with Stuart. Rqrox had 23 points on the front. Stu indicated he was all square. I figured I was still 4 or 5 shots back and never thought about a win, maybe a minor place. My only goal for the weekend was not to get the NAGA. Thanks anfieldred! who somehow managed to wrestle it away from Peppas.

After 22 on the front with a wipe I felt better about not getting the NAGA. The last nine consisted of a couple of birdies and the rest were pars. With about 6 to go Titty started talking my chances up if I could hold it together. Dotty started cheering on par saves. The up and downs were everywhere and I had my first sand save in years (literally). I admit to getting a bit nervous on the 18th tee and blocked it right to the par 3 green. Another up and down secured par for 21 points. The round wasn't clinical, but scrambling saves.

We were led to believe Rqrox and Stu were all tied on the 18th tee. Rq hit his short in the drink. That had to hurt. Stu put his pin high about 8 meters from the pin and threw his arms up in triumph. He then sank the put for a bird and likely victory. I congratulated him as he walked off, then asked how many stablebford points. 34. I had to do the math three times in my head before I believed it. Almost felt bad for him.

Almost.

The club put on a feed for us on the balcony. The preso was great. Almost everyone had a share in about $2300 worth of prizes. KJ had trouble walking out with his trophies.

It was a great weekend. Next year will be just as good or better with the effort the participants are going to put in. Next years champs to be held (until confirmed next year) at Riverside oaks and the new course attached to it, which opens in March.

Now to let the liver mend and catch up on some rest.
    Last edited by matty; 13th October 2013 at 08:42 PM.

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Quote Originally Posted by davepuppies View Post
    Well done Matty, sounds like you guys had a blast!

Sounds like the new Lajosi is going well?
    Worked beautifully today.

Yesterday was shite because of the greens being cored a couple of weeks before. Bumpy and jittery, but everyone in the same boat.

20131013_174719.jpgWas nice to get home and relax. Yes, hair of the dog.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Attachment 26832Was nice to get home and relax. Yes, hair of the dog.
    :thumbup:

Well done Matty not only organising a cracking event but taking out the inaugural NSW champs with a very solid last round score.

It was good of you to mention that we had indeed flogged Stu and Virgeeeeeee at pool who decided that they could no longer play with the champs and refused a rematch..( thats how i remember it anyway).

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Posted this in KJ's thread, but will copy here now I've caught up on this thread also...

Great to be able to catch up on today's activities.

And a big Ditto congrats to Matty... a victory well deserved after your organisation of the event. Sensational round!

Glad Titty made it in time for his tee off. As I left macca's at 8:15 he was casually sitting gnawing on his sausage and egg muffin, not a care in the world. I was a little concerned...

Anyway thanks again all... nice to put some more faces to names. Thanks to Andrew and Wazza for the drugs on Sat, still coming off that high I think, and oh how the missus has been happy since I got home ... but it's off to the physio for me, who knows when my next game may be...

Cheers,
    Waz

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Well done Matty. Very fitting winner. I'll get my shoulder right and join you guys till the end next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JADO75 View Post
    White Shadow................
    "... Tampon ..."

Quote Originally Posted by TS View Post
    It was priceless to see the expression on Stuart147 face when it was announce that he come second.
    Pure gold.. you could almost see the moment when he reached in and pulled out his still beating heart, showing it to him with a wry grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Well done Matty. Very fitting winner.
    For those who weren't there, the speech went like this...

"In second place is Stuart, and the winner with 1 under today is... <long pause> ME !!" (raises arms in triumph)

Sensational stuff, no one saw it except for Dotty and Matt himself.

See you'all next year and a chosen few a in a couple of weeks.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I am just glad no one video'ed my (pre) victory gig on the 18th when I holed the putt
    Ping G430 10K 10.5* Ping Tour 65S Shaft
    Royal Collection 18* 5 Wood
    Ping G425 3/4 Hybrid Stock Regular
    Cobra MIM King 4-GW PX LZ 5.5
    Ping Glide 3.0 56/60
    Scotty Newport

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartd147 View Post
    I am just glad no one video'ed my (pre) victory gig on the 18th when I holed the putt
    I have it locked in the memory bank!

Had a good chat with Paul Jenner from Pure Performance Golf Labs tonight. As of Saturday is in the States for a week and a half sorting the new website, finalising equipment and all that stuff. He was happy to hear about the success of the first NSW champs.

The lab will be using the individual results of shafts and heads during testing. All the data is being brought back and a local well known pro will be testing it independently again without bias with a real and repeatable swing. Forget the marketing of these companies. The results will be real. All this will be better explained on the website.

Paul said the bag fittings, won by Stuart and Dicky, will take about three hours each. Needless to say, I can't wait for the driver fitting to see real data from hundreds of head and shaft combos, instead of what feels good. I must say, I am absolutely a convert to floing and puring of the shafts. They felt different over the weekend to me. I can't remember getting any curve on my iron shots. Virtually all my trouble came from the driver, which wasn't done.

Paul said next year he'll bring a Trackman to the champs and set it up on a couple of holes and get everyone's data and immediately provide a spreadsheet with results and give it to us, and email individuals with their results. Should make for some great discussion later on, comparing the results over a few beers. Obviously, the results will help some people, showing excessive spin, game time swing speeds, whether the shaft was adequate etc with a driver and iron, what other equipment may be more beneficial and so on.

Something to look forward to. Pity it's 12 months away.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Had a good chat with Paul Jenner from Pure Performance Golf Labs tonight. As of Saturday is in the States for a week and a half sorting the new website, finalising equipment and all that stuff. He was happy to hear about the success of the first NSW champs.

The lab will be using the individual results of shafts and heads during testing. All the data is being brought back and a local well known pro will be testing it independently again without bias with a real and repeatable swing. Forget the marketing of these companies. The results will be real. All this will be better explained on the website.

Paul said the bag fittings, won by Stuart and Dicky, will take about three hours each. Needless to say, I can't wait for the driver fitting to see real data from hundreds of head and shaft combos, instead of what feels good. I must say, I am absolutely a convert to floing and puring of the shafts. They felt different over the weekend to me. I can't remember getting any curve on my iron shots. Virtually all my trouble came from the driver, which wasn't done.

Paul said next year he'll bring a Trackman to the champs and set it up on a couple of holes and get everyone's data and immediately provide a spreadsheet with results and give it to us, and email individuals with their results. Should make for some great discussion later on, comparing the results over a few beers. Obviously, the results will help some people, showing excessive spin, game time swing speeds, whether the shaft was adequate etc with a driver and iron, what other equipment may be more beneficial and so on.

Something to look forward to. Pity it's 12 months away.
    It would be a pity if it was 12months away, cos I won't be able to play again

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Matt and Jado, your signature bling is ready!

Nice. Can I get it in sky blue?

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Move it to May! Please

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Thread Information