Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Who would attend NSW Champs?

Need a show of hands please on who would attend. Need 20 to make it worthwhile.

I have made a shipload of calls the last couple of days to accomodation and courses throughout the Central Coast and same in the Southern Highlands. That includes package deals, without packages, green fees, deals, the works. Without going in to details the clear winner on cost, availablity, and logistics is the southern higlands.

At least the Canberra boys will attend. Hopefully the Newy contingent will come down for a weekend away.

Accomodation cost is good. Golf very good. Most importantly if I get back within a week we get the group slot on the timesheets at both courses in the AM. Would be part of the club comp too.

The weekend I have confirmed is Oct 12/13.

Golf-:
    Sat: Mt.Broughton, approx 10.30am hit off
    Sun: Moss Vale, approx 8am hit off (those travelling home on Sunday will get away at a reasonable time)
    Presentation: Moss Vale GC
    Prizes-: NTP on 2 holes each day. 1 Long Drive each day, 1 Drive and pitch each day. Trophy for gross/net winners/r-ups. Putting comp Sat morning. All to be verified. Signature banners for winners/runner-ups.

Accommodation-: Dormi House on Moss Vale GC. Includes brekky.

Cost: Twins $230-240/night depending on view (Roughly $120 per person a night!)
    Triples $259-$269/night depending on view (Roughly $90 per person a night!)

Pls, no suggestions on Peppers accommodation, other courses, central coast options etc. They've all been looked at. Most have issues that I don't want to deal with/organise. This is the best deal/option to get the NSW champs up and running in 2013. We can look at making it bigger and better next year whether this goes ahead or not.

Friday golf can be looked at later if the numbers suggest this is going ahead. Who's in?

1) Matty - October
    Last edited by matty; 21st June 2013 at 05:07 PM.

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

But the Murray isn't 2 hours drive from the northern edge of Sydney.

Feel free to take the initiative and organise the 2014 NSW Champs there, after the 2013 edition has be run and won.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

1) Matty - October
    2) Dotty - October only
    3) Monsta - Either for me is fine
    4) Virge666 - Either
    5) Titleist - Either
    6) GuyIncognito - Sept. only
    7) KristianJ - Either
    8.) Mrbluu September
    9) L4G - October
    10) Rqrox - in there like swim wear!!
    10.5) Haystacks - pencil...depending on the work situation

Yes, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
    But you lovely bitches and hoes should know I'm trying to correct this.

1) Matty - October
    2) Dotty - October only
    4) Virge666 - Either
    5) Titleist - Either
    7) KristianJ - Either
    8.) Mrbluu September
    9) L4G - October
    11) Peppas - Either should be ok. Current dates in Oct are OK for me.

1) Matty - October
    2) Dotty - October only
    4) Virge666 - Either
    5) Titleist - Either
    7) KristianJ - Either
    8.) Mrbluu September
    9) L4G - October
    11) Peppas - Either should be ok. Current dates in Oct are OK for me.
    12) Leon Phelps - should be right for any either
    we eat 'em up, we swallow 'em down, we spit 'em out, "no homo"
    Golflink

Nice work Matty. Yes there are lots of options but good work in locking the speculation down and doing the hard work. A good easy trip down there.

As mentioned in the other thread I did almost this exact weekend last week. Actually took out the comp on the Sunday at Mossvale, so I'm a fan!

One question is the accomodation at Dormie a two night requirement? Previous enquiries from us had 2 night minimum stay, so accom always became a little dearer there??

Anyway...

1) Matty
    2) Dotty
    3) Monsta
    4) Virge666
    5) Titleist
    7) KristianJ
    8.) Mrbluu September
    9) L4G
    10) Rqrox
    11) Peppas - should be ok
    12) Leon Phelps - should be right
    13) Waz - heavy pencil - should be just need to check a couple of things at work

Mark me down with a 5B pencil!!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    But the Murray isn't 2 hours drive from the northern edge of Sydney.

Feel free to take the initiative and organise the 2014 NSW Champs there, after the 2013 edition has be run and won.
    Dotty

I appreciate the initiative being shown. The boys will have a great time. Fyi the pub as Moss Vale near the rail crossing has topless barmaids on Friday afternoons....

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    Dotty

I appreciate the initiative being shown. The boys will have a great time. Fyi the pub as Moss Vale near the rail crossing has topless barmaids on Friday afternoons....
    All cool. I didn't want to see this thread lost to 'Murray is cheaper', 'Too close to WA Champs', 'Ocean Shores would get more Qld'ers', etc. distractions.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

I reckon its a great idea, and as you know I am a huge fan on supporting and hosting Ozgolf Days.

Dormi House is great - you are right at the Golf Club, the RSL is 2 minutes down the road, and you only need to stagger 6 metres to the first tee from your room!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    All cool. I didn't want to see this thread lost to 'Murray is cheaper', 'Too close to WA Champs', 'Ocean Shores would get more Qld'ers', etc. distractions.
    It won't be. I don't think most could be bothered replying. I like the idea of a Murray trip after hearing the reports from my uncle's trip a couple of months ago, but not this year. If we have the champs we can gauge interest for that possibly next year.

If we nudge 20 participants by the time the weekend is over its a goer. If we stay on 13 or 14 I'll look at confirming 20, then it's first in best dressed. It'd be good to get the first ever NSW Champs going, as long as an interstater doesn't visit and win

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Waz and I went down the Murray (yarrawonga) early May for the Aussie TCC w/end.
    Great venue and courses, but a long way to go for the w/end....

Quote Originally Posted by wazandnic View Post
    Nice work Matty. Yes there are lots of options but good work in locking the speculation down and doing the hard work. A good easy trip down there.

As mentioned in the other thread I did almost this exact weekend last week. Actually took out the comp on the Sunday at Mossvale, so I'm a fan!

One question is the accomodation at Dormie a two night requirement? Previous enquiries from us had 2 night minimum stay, so accom always became a little dearer there??
    Thanks Waz. I don't remember the two night minimum at Dormi being mentioned. Ill verify it next week but it was the case at Peppers. Could've been mentioned. I rang that many places. Dormi is situated good in relation to the course, the rsl, and other stuff wbennett mentioned (topless bar ) The lady mentioned all those but not wbennett's local, strangely enough.

You do realise you just positioned yourself as the favourite to take it out!

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Thanks Waz. I don't remember the two night minimum at Dormi being mentioned. Ill verify it next week but it was the case at Peppers. Could've been mentioned. I rang that many places. Dormi is situated good in relation to the course, the rsl, and other stuff wbennett mentioned (topless bar ) The lady mentioned all those but not wbennett's local, strangely enough.
    Things may have changed or may be different if booking a big group perhaps. It is a big call to always have a min 2 night stay, but yeah worth checking.

And we actually stayed at that pub one year... very very cheap accomodation where you definitely get what you pay for, old shoes next to the bed, no windows, right next to the railway, etc!! Didn't know about the ladies on Friday's but I will say after checking into our rooms and heading down stairs for a brew we got many sly looks from the locals and ended up going to another pub for dinner and more brews!

You do realise you just positioned yourself as the favourite to take it out!
    Ha ha... I won't tell you about my round on the Saturday at Mt B. Lets just say hitting it straight off the tee is not one of my strong points!!!

There is a cabin park 200m from the rsl. Much cheaper but the owners are cranky if noisy...

Chopperlink

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    Cool. Hey Matty the other thing to maybe check is the bed configuration... we were also told once that the majority of double rooms are actually just 1x queen bed. Again may have changed in recent times (and worth their while to) but yeah just worth asking the q

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    There is a cabin park 200m from the rsl. Much cheaper but the owners are cranky if noisy...
    Speaking of owners getting cranky, we almost had a major disaster last week. Booked at the Bong Bong Motel just at the top of the hill in the main street of Mossvale. Booked well in advance. Had recieved a follow up call week before. Confirmed numbers on the Thursday before. Turned up late Sat after our game at Mt B and nope no booking and no vacancies!! We definitly had the right place as we relayed a story the guy had told us when booking and hea greed that was his story. Anyway after a little while of questioning and being polite about it all the guy that booked it got a little fed up and made the comment "well you've done yourself out of some regular bookings" to which the hotel guy replied "Doesn't worry me mate I'm booked out most weekends anyway and told us to piss off" Prick!

After ringing around several places with not much luck we contacted Briars, they only had one room available... but had another 3 bedroom apartment that was not being used only due to the cushions on the lounges being dry cleaned. They were happy to let us use it due to the circumstances and even took a nice discount off it. Now that is service and we didn't even contemplate using the lounges as the pub was warm and beer cold. Was a great spot to stay and the included hot breakfast in the morning made it even better!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by wazandnic View Post

Anyway...

1) Matty
    2) Dotty
    3) Monsta
    4) Virge666
    5) Titleist
    7) KristianJ
    8.) Mrbluu September
    9) L4G
    10) Rqrox
    13) Waz - heavy pencil - should be just need to check a couple of things at work
    14) Kiwitown. go like shit in the club champs anyway. (don't know about spending the night as i have 40th to go to but can make both days).

Tractor Boys

If we nudge 20 participants by the time the weekend is over its a goer. If we stay on 13 or 14 I'll look at confirming 20, then it's first in best dressed. It'd be good to get the first ever NSW Champs going, as long as an interstater doesn't visit and win
    Does ACT count as an interstater????? Hang on what am I saying, Ive got no chance of winning, so ignore my question Matty.

But great work on the organisation....

WITB
    Ping Anser 9.5, Ping Anser 3 wood, Ping i20's 3-pw, Vokey 50, 54 & 58 deg wedges
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.6

Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club

It was stated:

Need a show of hands please on who would attend. Need 20 to make it worthwhile.
    ...the clear winner on cost, availablity, and logistics is the southern higlands.

At least the Canberra boys will attend.
    So yeah you should feel free to attend!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

1) Matty
    2) Dotty
    3) Monsta
    4) Virge666
    5) Titleist
    7) KristianJ
    8.) Mrbluu September
    9) L4G
    10) Rqrox
    14) kiwitown
    15) Anfieldred - pencil
    16) Liptout

awesome work Matty.
    haven't had a golf weekend away in a couple of years, so im there for sure!!

Got royally stuffed around by Dormi House today. They totally stuffed things by accepting a group booking in the interim. Their prerogative though. No fear, looks like I've got better and cheaper accom sorted with a change of venue for Sunday golf. Details to be finalised shortly. Mt Broughton still on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by liptout View Post
    1) Matty
    2) Dotty
    3) Monsta
    4) Virge666
    5) Titleist
    7) KristianJ
    8.) Mrbluu September
    9) L4G
    10) Rqrox
    14) kiwitown
    15) Anfieldred - pencil
    16) Liptout

awesome work Matty.
    haven't had a golf weekend away in a couple of years, so im there for sure!!
    Good stuff. Another drinking partner!

Matty, I might not need accomodation... can get back to you on that though.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

1) Matty
    2) Dotty
    3) Monsta
    4) Virge666
    5) Titleist
    7) KristianJ
    8.) Mrbluu September
    9) L4G
    10) Rqrox
    14) kiwitown
    15) Anfieldred - pencil
    16) Liptout
    17) Jono

No golf for me until October due to shoulder injury but I'd still come to meet everyone and walk around the course.

Jono, can you PM me your mobile. I recently lost all my contacts.

Thread Information