Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ParkRoyal View Post
    Thanks Pete for that round up!

I had heard about Llanherne GC being a bit of gem and just a bit more than your standard 9 holer (might have been on TGF).

Have you heard anything further on the Arm End course? was there also one being looked at at 7 Mile?
    Llanherne is absolutely worth a look

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Arm End supposedly starting construction next year. I’m not sure that I’d put money on 7MB ever getting off the ground.

Llanherne is quite decent. I’m not sure if their membership is actually open.
    Forum needs more banter.

Member Club Pro

Played the front 9 at Tasmnania yesterday and that is looking like a winner for me. Really enjoyed it and couldn't have got nicer staff.

$395 for 10 rounds, plus a few other discounts (have to check on the ongoing discount round fee) works well for me.

Still keen to get out and see a few other courses, being mostly 9 holers it should be easy enough after work.

Member Club Pro

So a lot has happened since I last posted about Hobart golf. Had a another kid and moved to Dodges Ferry.

Didn't end up taking the deal at Tas GC, but got out an about to a few others over the past few months.

Tea Tree, was nice summer evening and the course was playing nicely despite how dry it was out there. few of the middle holes are good fun, the drive down the big hill for the par 5 6th is cool.

Coal Valley Links, a few decent holes, the 2nd (par 5) probably uses the land the best with creek running about 80 meters short of the green making the decision to go for the green in 2 interesting. The 4th would up there as the shortest par 4 in the country at just over 200 meters, its really a par 3 played over a gully, probably just that bit to long for the old codgers.

Claremont, played the front 9 with the FIL who remembers a few decent players playing a tourney back in the 60's/70's. There are some good holes here, the holes skirting the water are all pretty good, but the inland are pretty woeful. Can see the potential for a very good 9/12 holer here.

Pittwater, the best 9 holer I've played here, and the different tees for the 2 nines make even better, played a couple of weeks a go and the condition was great. Not that length is everything, but it certainly feels more like a full length course (when compared to most 9 holers here). Would be a course that would change a bit with different winds and so interesting to play regularly. It's looking like a potential course for me to play during summer evenings, the membership is about $400 or so.

Got another hit in at Rosny, its a funny old course, its not offensive and better than a lot of other 9 holers around (both here and in Melb) but yeah with others around, its not one I need to play a lot.

Will try and get out a bit more once things settle down a bit more at home.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

I used to live at Dodges Ferry, had a house on Bally Park Rd.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    I used to live at Dodges Ferry, had a house on Bally Park Rd.
    Nice one, we're up on Dodges Hill Rd.

Its a bloody nice part of the world. Love the beaches.

Thread Information