Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thanks for your confidence. Lynwood is full couch (conquest I believe). Greens are a Hybrid bent and are always in great condition. Lynwood is the perfect course for the golf tragic (like myself). There have been some past Richmond members now enjoying LCC.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BPE View Post
    Thanks for your confidence. Lynwood is full couch (conquest I believe). Greens are a Hybrid bent and are always in great condition. Lynwood is the perfect course for the golf tragic (like myself). There have been some past Richmond members now enjoying LCC.
    The members need a lesson in fixing pitch marks on the greens though...... One of the worst courses for it I play on.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

BPE, does Lynwood have full fairway irrigation?
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Without being biased i feel they are no worse than any other course. Like all though the shorter holes suffer more than the stronger holes. When the greens firm up these pitch marks are significantly reduced.

We have full fairway irrigation. We also have a water license to use the Hawkesbury which gives us plenty of supply.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by BPE View Post
    We have full fairway irrigation. We also have a water license to use the Hawkesbury which gives us plenty of supply.
    You also have lots of hidden hazards as well....

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    You also have lots of STUPID hidden hazards as well....
    Fixed....

I felt that way too when I played pennants there, but it was the first time I had played it.

I guess if you were a member you would know where the hazards were.
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by davepuppies View Post
    I felt that way too when I played pennants there, but it was the first time I had played it.

I guess if you were a member you would know where the hazards were.
    True Dave, but still there are some crap shitty hazards that are just nothing areas that could be fixed up and made into runoff areas etc....
    I doubt ill be back there for a game for a long time....

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

I always wondered what happened to Brenden Ellam. Could play back in the day. Would have been the second best golfer at Cumberland at the time.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    You also have lots of hidden hazards as well....
    Hidden? Three that you found were at the front of the tee box.

I agree, the one on the 5th was a doozy. Aim away from the bunker/OOB bunker left, but stay clear of the scrub and pond on the right. Ball disappears over mound on right edge of fairway. 'Hello pot swamp.'
    Last edited by Dotty; 14th June 2013 at 12:09 PM.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Hidden? Three that you found were at the front of the tee box.

I agree, the one on the 5th was a doozy. Aim away from the bunker/OOB bunker left, but stay clear of the scrub and pond on the right. Ball disappears over mound on right edge of fairway. 'Hello pot swamp.'
    Those ones were definitely hidden as well otherwise I would have not tried to hit thoughts punch shots......

The Club has been actively working at giving all our hazards more definition where required. On these holes there have been new plantings inside the hazard margin, and when this is combined with the hole maps at each tee sign, the player is no longer faced with the element of surprise, or hidden hazards.

He wishes he still could play, although he still plays in Lynwood's pennant team.

im stunned!!
    i cant believe what im hearing (reading).... some of you boys need to get away from your tree lined fairways, with only a couple of dams on the whole course and the only hazards you have are bunkers!!

IMO Lynwood is an awesome layout..... hidden hazards?? pfft, hit the friggin ball straight(ish) where you can see it and you wont have any dramas!!

oh and BPE, i play at alot of different courses, and the pitch repairing on your course is far and away worse than any other course. sorry bud, but you might have to get out and play a few more courses as well.
    dont take it personal mate, just cause im having a shot at your lazy members doesnt mean im having a shot at you. just make the lazy bums fix it!!

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

I play Lynwood once every 2-3 weeks. I haven't noticed a pitch mark problem tbh. It's a nice course and if I lived within 20 minutes I'd join. It takes me an hour to get there and the course invariably gets the better of me but overall I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by liptout View Post
    im stunned!!
    i cant believe what im hearing (reading).... some of you boys need to get away from your tree lined fairways, with only a couple of dams on the whole course and the only hazards you have are bunkers!!

IMO Lynwood is an awesome layout..... hidden hazards?? pfft, hit the friggin ball straight(ish) where you can see it and you wont have any dramas!!
    I agree. For mine it's one of the most testing, but fair, tracks in Sydney. Let's face it, you hit one of the hazards you deserve it.

One thing I used to watch get visitors are the tees that don't face down the fairway. Hole 5 is a classic for that and points directly at the water hazard.

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    I agree. For mine it's one of the most testing, but fair, tracks in Sydney. Let's face it, you hit one of the hazards you deserve it.One thing I used to watch get visitors are the tees that don't face down the fairway. Hole 5 is a classic for that and points directly at the water hazard.
    Like dotty said the 5th has a little pot hazard where both titty and Dangals lost balls, my ball was well right of it as I was really chopping that day. I didn't find it a testing layout, I happen chop it delux.The main thing I didn't like about it was that there seem to be a sameness on what to be 5-6 of par 4's where everyone in out group had to lay up and hit wedge in. Matty didn't you leave there to go to scr?????I also agree with jadho that $40 for a game there is too much. The other thing I didn't like is non members can on book in the week before for a comp. Sure the members should have preference, but that should be only for a couple of days.I'm not saying its a bad course,it just seems like they could have done more with that piece of land.

Sorry for the massive paragraph I'm on the mobile

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I'm with Liptout on the pitch marks, every time I've been there, they've been a million that haven't been repaired. Granted I didn't score well the day we all played there but I didn't hit the ball that badly. Any course I can't get a sky high 64* red saw Vokey with plenty of razz to stop on the green has lost me, paying $40 for the privilege & a couple of lost wet balls in hazards you can't see fom the tee doesn't help either. Yes I should have played more bump & runs but it's not the US Open. $40 comp fees, $30 worth of lost balls, the price of seeing Dotty shoot -12 in a par event= PRICELESS!
    Taylormade M1 16' 430 10.5* Attas G7s
    Taylormade M1 17' 460 10.5* Rogue 125msi 60s
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* Rogue 125msi 60x
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Rogue 125msi 70s
    Cobra King LTD AD MT 7s
    Taylormade M2 15* Speeder Pro 73s
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Matrix HD7s
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour V X stiff
    Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 Raw Wedges 50* 54* 60* KBS Hi Rev
    Callaway MD3 64* PM Grind
    Taylormade Spider Si 35" Slant Neck

Blog Entries

Jado, you left out ... getting to watch the bloke ahead chase his umbrella for over 200m.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a golf course. Serve himself right, first of all it wasn't raining & secondly he wasn't Asian, no need for the brolly
    Taylormade M1 16' 430 10.5* Attas G7s
    Taylormade M1 17' 460 10.5* Rogue 125msi 60s
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* Rogue 125msi 60x
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Rogue 125msi 70s
    Cobra King LTD AD MT 7s
    Taylormade M2 15* Speeder Pro 73s
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Matrix HD7s
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour V X stiff
    Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 Raw Wedges 50* 54* 60* KBS Hi Rev
    Callaway MD3 64* PM Grind
    Taylormade Spider Si 35" Slant Neck

Agree the $40 comp fee is pretty steep, and the 6 balls I lose to crows through the round does make it an expensive day, but I'll never bag the course. I love the layout, makes you think off every tee and there's prob about 3 different shots you can hit every time.

But agree with Jado, the greens on that day we were there we're a bit silly. Never seen them that unreceptive(??) before, but the millions of unrepaired pitch marks were the same as always.

Blog Entries

We were there again last weekend with the social club. No complaints about the $40 for a Sunday game.
    Definitely a cut above other courses in the area that have been on our roster ... Muirfield, Richmond, Springwood, Dunheved, Riverside Oaks.
    We'll be back, esp. for the Boston Pale Ale on tap and the $10 Steak Sandwiches.

ps. Only -5 this time in the par round! One thing we did notice, was that 10-12 markers that relied on chipping close from just off the green, was very difficult to judge. (More user error than design fault, but definitely helped to be chipping second.)

I am pleased to say Lynwood CC has been rated in the Top 100 public access courses in Australia. Having done comparisons with courses west of Parramatta $40 to play in a weekend comp is slightly better than par for the course. Additionally the Aust Feral Mgmnt fixed our crow problem for the time being. Must keep an eye on it.
    Last edited by BPE; 14th June 2013 at 09:40 PM.

Thread Information