Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Default Pro Looper (Swing by Swing) Coaching subscription - anyone tried it?

They have this service for $99 for a year, with remote video coaching and analysis for 12 months.

Looks like a well priced, good service to me, but was interested in anyone's thoughts.

I wouldn't see it as a replacement for a real coach, but to compliment it and be able to not "hassle" your regular coach on a daily basis with emails and requests for video analysis and tips when yuo think of them at 11pm at night...

www.swingbyswing.com/prolooper

Cheers,
    Wilson!

Senior Member Major Winner

Haven't tried it. Will I? Nope.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Great idea. Seems like a reasonably priced alternative to lessons, if I was that way inclined I would choose that over the more expensive option.

Still a waste of money though.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Yeah, but if you hit it like I did this morning at 6.30am, sounds like a sound investment!

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Last edited by mrbluu; 22nd May 2013 at 09:53 AM.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Should just ask Uncle Jack

Just coming back on topic here, why have the few comments here been against this type of thing? Are you gusy against spending monehy on coaching or is it more that you don't see the value in remote based coaching?

I ask because most poor shots and miss hits are related to swing if they're not grip related, but all of this could be addressed by this type of coaching, and fixed.
    End result = getting out on the fairways and hitting better shots. And for a year's access for a little more than a single half hour "real" session?

What am I missing?

Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Blog Entries

Because offers like yours are a dime a dozen, and in the end, a video coach won't do much for an average golfer.

That, and your first post is spruiking a product that, by the sounds of it, you are highly involved in.
    long and soft

GL: 6011911179

Quote Originally Posted by rubin View Post
    That, and your first post is spruiking a product that, by the sounds of it, you are highly involved in.
    Yeah - that is what I am thinking...

Oh please, you guys are paranoid. I've made a few more posts than that, I'm sydney based, bought some shirts off another guy in the pro shop who'll vouch for me, but if you want to think that, that's funny, good for you.

I started this thread because I'm struggling with miss hits, and i cant afford to up my real coach visits, and thought this might be a good gap filler fix. This was the first one I saw and to be honest I subscribed to their newsletter somewhere, and keep getting emails every few days.

I'm a new member to the site, so if you take this kind of approach to all new members then that's a bit disappointing to be honest, though I guess understand why people get suspicious

Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Blog Entries

And that your now getting very defensive about it kind of reinforces our point.
    long and soft

GL: 6011911179

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    Just coming back on topic here, why have the few comments here been against this type of thing? Are you gusy against spending monehy on coaching or is it more that you don't see the value in remote based coaching?
    I'm against spending money on coaching, but I did say that I thought it was a great idea. Personally, I think anybody who spends money on golf lessons and isn't a pro golfer is throwing good money after bad.

Most of the comments are just the usual defensive reaction to somebody who endorses a product in their first five posts. It's understandable, because we do cop a few of them. My advice is to ignore it if you're legit.

Quote Originally Posted by rubin View Post
    And that your now getting very defensive about it kind of reinforces our point.
    I don't think it does, necessarily - I think you're just trying to be provocative for fun.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Fair enough

As for this bit:

Personally, I think anybody who spends money on golf lessons and isn't a pro golfer is throwing good money after bad.

Can understand that. I play a few corporate golf games a month though, I used to splash them around a lot but my coach sorted out my swing, grip and what kind of clubs I use. It used to be a bit of fun but a bit emaressing as well.

My swing speed is around 95-104mph so flex shafts made a big difference to the consistency of my shots

I love my golf, now playng 9 holes twice a week at my local club and sundays, and the better I can play the more I enjoy my game to be honest, that's my rationale behind getting coaching. It's money well spent for me at least but others may just want to get out on the course and away from the wife, horses for courses I guess

Dare I bring this up again, and risk the wrath of Sir Rubin (and have to give it back to him) who thought I was an internet site pioneer spruiking the merits of an online service.

Fast track to today - does anyone send their swing video in to any company and what is the outcome, are you happy or not and why

A few old blokes at our club do it and love it, and keen to find out.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Who's that Toppy?

Hey titty, I play the mornings at dawn at KGC at times with Terry, John and Richie - from memory I think Ritchie sends his swing into some place, maybe Rotary Swing, not 100%

In between lessons it would be good to have an external opionion of my swing, just thinking...
    Hit the ball well today, finally hinging well then releasing well on impact, so keen to keep it going...

Quote Originally Posted by SirTop View Post
    Fast track to today - does anyone send their swing video in to any company and what is the outcome, are you happy or not and why

A few old blokes at our club do it and love it, and keen to find out.
    I do - but i also go and visit them.

The problem i have with online fixing is that it is slow, and most people are kinetic learners when it comes to golf. Other than saying - this is wrong, we can fix it with this drill, there really is not much you can do as you cannot reinforce the practice.

My $0.02

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

seems similar to the revolution golf site.

good for someone to waddle on in a video about what they think you are doing right but coach is better in person

Quote Originally Posted by -FIGJAM- View Post
    seems similar to the revolution golf site.

good for someone to waddle on in a video about what they think you are doing right but coach is better in person
    it is pretty easy to see what someone is doing wrong.. it is also pretty easy to have a way to fix.

But what you dont have is, the feedback from the student to see which of you 7 ways you can stop people flipping works for them.

You can see when you work with someone the expression and the understanding ad also the execution - you just cant see that with a video.

Understood and all makes good sense. I'll throw the videos up here for a bit of fun once I get a chance to do a before and after version

Put my video up finally, here it is;

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...50#post1144450

Be nice...

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

also dont know for sure if the student understands what you're telling them to do.

this is what i can see wrong with the online coaches but hey im not very good sooooo yeah

Thread Information