Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: New member

  1. #1

    Default New member

    This is my first forum thread, I'm a pro golfer based in the sunshine coast, love to travel and play golf. pretty keen to find out where all the best places are to play golf in Aussie and NZ. hi to everyone.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 06, 2006
    Location
    Trump Tower
    Posts
    24,773

    Default

    Welcome




  3. #3
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 02, 2008
    Location
    Sydney - Nth Beaches
    Posts
    11,080

    Default

    Welcome - nice to have another one here.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Apr 06, 2010
    Location
    Panama.
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    G'day Hamish
    Fighting the good fight!


    Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Apr 28, 2004
    Location
    not in 'The Zone'
    Posts
    45,321

    Default

    Welcome !
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

  6. #6
    Member Teaching Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 04, 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Welcome mate
    Bag
    Titleist 915 D3 @ 8.5* with Aldila Rogue 110MSI S Flex
    Titleist 915 FD 15* with Diamana White S Flex
    Titleist 915 HD #2 @ 17.5* with Aldila Rogue 95MSI S Flex
    Titleist 712 AP2's - 4 iron to PW playing 1* Upright - Project X 6.0 Steel Shafts - GP Tour Cords + 2 wraps
    Titleist SM5 - 50.08* Satin Vokey
    Titleist SM4 - 54.14* Satin Vokey
    Titleist SM4 - 58.08* Satin Vokey
    Odyssey White Ice CS 2 Ball 33'' Vegas Grip
    ProV1x

  7. #7
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    May 03, 2004
    Location
    Pin high, in the lake
    Posts
    24,436

    Default

    G'day Mish.
    Handic(r)ap | 2019 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap | Winner of the 17-24 July 2016 Celebrity Infinity Open

    7 tours of the Uncivil War


  8. #8
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 12, 2008
    Location
    Probably OOB
    Posts
    22,204

    Default

    Which part of the SC Hamish?
    Forum needs more banter.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Join Date
    Feb 16, 2005
    Location
    On the Back Deck
    Posts
    6,343

    Default

    Welcome. Are you on the sunshine tour?




    Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup


    The battle field

  10. #10
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Apr 28, 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    40,657

    Default

    Welcome, HAH. Are you a teaching or touring pro?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Oct 27, 2009
    Location
    NW Sydney
    Posts
    3,521

    Default

    Hello Hamish. Welcome.

    Do you agree with the proposed ban on anchored putting?




    The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

    Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Hello Hamish. Welcome. Do you agree with the proposed ban on anchored putting?
    Hey everyone, firstly I don't think they should ban the long putter or stop anchoring, lets make this game playable for all.Me personally I am a touring professional and represent Noosa springs and do a bit of practise at twin waters. I'm also a touring ambassador for horizon golf tours, a golf tour company that has touring pros as their hosts.Anyone else here on the coast?

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon_Ambassador_Hamish View Post
    Hey everyone, firstly I don't think they should ban the long putter or stop anchoring, lets make this game playable for all.Me personally I am a touring professional and represent Noosa springs and do a bit of practise at twin waters. I'm also a touring ambassador for horizon golf tours, a golf tour company that has touring pros as their hosts.Anyone else here on the coast?
    Also I do play a few events on the sunshine tour and main tour of Australasia.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Nov 01, 2009
    Location
    Brookvale Hill
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Welcome, whereabouts in NZ are you from?

  15. #15
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 12, 2008
    Location
    Probably OOB
    Posts
    22,204

    Default

    Hamish,

    Did you play the Bribie Island pro am a couple of years ago?
    Forum needs more banter.

  16. #16

    Default

    Do you know where Taihape is?

    Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Welcome, whereabouts in NZ are you from?

  17. #17

    Default

    I have played Bribie Island Proam a few times over the last few years. and yourself sms316?

    Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Hamish,

    Did you play the Bribie Island pro am a couple of years ago?

  18. #18
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 12, 2008
    Location
    Probably OOB
    Posts
    22,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon_Ambassador_Hamish View Post
    I have played Bribie Island Proam a few times over the last few years. and yourself sms316?
    Three of us played it a couple of years back with a pro who was from the Sunshine Coast. I'm a member at Pelican Waters (that may or may not mean anything to you).
    Forum needs more banter.

  19. #19

    Default

    perhaps just google hamish robertson golf, you might recognise me? there are about 10 touring pros on sunnie coast, but not a whole of kiwis.

    Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Three of us played it a couple of years back with a pro who was from the Sunshine Coast. I'm a member at Pelican Waters (that may or may not mean anything to you).

  20. #20
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 12, 2008
    Location
    Probably OOB
    Posts
    22,204

    Default

    I wouldn't remember you mate. I do remember this though.

    Forum needs more banter.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Nov 29, 2007
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    I wouldn't remember you mate. I do remember this though.

    And so do the girls, they haven't felt clean since...

    I will have to get back up there for another game one day, great course.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Nov 01, 2009
    Location
    Brookvale Hill
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon_Ambassador_Hamish View Post
    Do you know where Taihape is?
    Of course, who isn't familiar with the Gumboot capital of the world.

    For my sins, I work with a lot of your bretheren, one thing I try to drum into them (amongst other things) is the correct use of the word Aussie, it's a person, not a description of the country ("all the best places are to play golf in Aussie and NZ"). If they continue to do it, whenever I am going to Wellington, I advise I'm going to Kiwi.

  23. #23

    Default

    Awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    I wouldn't remember you mate. I do remember this though.


  24. #24

    Default

    Glad you know about the Gumboot City. Ive just found out there is a Gumboot City in Australia, Tully! Im going to a wedding there so will check out whether it is as good as Taihaps.

    Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Of course, who isn't familiar with the Gumboot capital of the world.

    For my sins, I work with a lot of your bretheren, one thing I try to drum into them (amongst other things) is the correct use of the word Aussie, it's a person, not a description of the country ("all the best places are to play golf in Aussie and NZ"). If they continue to do it, whenever I am going to Wellington, I advise I'm going to Kiwi.

  25. #25
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Apr 28, 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    40,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    .... one thing I try to drum into them (amongst other things) is the correct use of the word Aussie, it's a person, not a description of the country ("all the best places are to play golf in Aussie and NZ"). If they continue to do it, whenever I am going to Wellington, I advise I'm going to Kiwi.
    A couple of guys from Kiwi do that at my work too; it's weird.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. new member
    By gregh in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24th April 2013, 02:28 PM
  2. new member
    By jesse612 in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th June 2008, 07:22 PM
  3. Hi from a new member
    By bag_of_ants in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27th May 2008, 01:15 PM
  4. New Member
    By hjhjh220 in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13th February 2008, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Back to top