Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default On course practice

Been trying to practice a bit more lately but have been falling into the trap of practicing 'golf swing' rather than scoring no matter how ugly.

For those that play a few practice holes on course how do you go about it? We are allowed to play only two balls in practice so I normally just play both from the same spot. Probably not the best way to go about it.

Cheers!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hit different clubs off the tee so you should have different approaches into the greens. That way you practice 4 clubs per hole instead of two.

When I want to work on scoring, I will only play one ball to keep it "comp like".

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Hit 2 drives and then play worst ball.

Senior Member Major Winner

I often will play dvr then 4wood off the tee.

If I am just playing 1 ball though and there is no one behind me I will often hit 4 or 5 shots into a green that I know I will be faced with in comp. arou d the green I will do the same if there is a spot I can often miss, say a short side somewhere I will pra twice from there.

There is a hole at Gosnells that no matter where the pin is I will always go middle of the green so will practice from different parts of the fwy hitting to the middle.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Yesterday I played holes with one ball and if I missed the green would keep hitting the greenside shot till I holed it, then I had to get up and down from that spot 5 times in a row. Also hit from the ladies tee without teeing up and had to make 7 shots in a row into a tight fairway starting with the 7 iron through to 3 wood. Also all shots had to go further than the last and have the same shape. If I missed one then had one more practice then collected and started again.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

When hitting two balls, I like to play the balls off against each other in match play. It can simulate some comp like pressure, particularly with the putting.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I've done this before and found that it was not good for confidence as you focus on the bad. Frustrating too.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    When hitting two balls, I like to play the balls off against each other in match play. It can simulate some comp like pressure, particularly with the putting.
    This.
    To mix it up a bit more. Play one with the 3 wood off the tee and the other with the driver.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Usually play each hole with the worst ball each shot.

If not that I just play and re hit any shots Im not happy with.
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I tried doing this but then found myself unable to execute when playing from good drives on saturdays.. used to being in the rough not the fairway... planning on playing 2 balls , 1 with a driver , 1 with a 3 wood/ 3 hybrid from the tee making one the "safe" ball .. play them against each other and see the difference.

Sounds good.. my main challenge at the moment is not capitalizing on good tee shots
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by bergsey View Post
    Sounds good.. my main challenge at the moment is not capitalizing on good tee shots
    This has been me recently.. now my drives are straighter.. leaving me on some fairway with 8i,9i or pw in.. im not hitting the green , not even missing it on a good side.. too used to being 180m out in some rough scramling a bogey or worse

Thread Information