Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Of course he did 🙄🤣

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

He has now got an invite to the next LIV event. I suspect he will win.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    He has now got an invite to the next LIV event. I suspect he will win.
    He might, there won’t be anybody watching that either.

Member Club Champion

I played with a cheat on the weekend. I play with this guy regularly and he's someone I'd consider a pretty good mate but obviously have lost all respect for him now.

Was a long par 3 and he hit a shocker way right into the shit. It was monthly medal so I told him to hit a provisional but he was sure we'd find it. We get down there and sure enough we don't see it anywhere and after a couple of minutes i gave up all hope, grabbed my putter and started walking towards the green. I look back over my shoulder and see the guy lean down and place a ball then shortly after claiming he found it.

I was a bit taken aback and didn't say anything straight away which i now regret. Should have called the guy out then and there but didn't really want to believe what I witnessed. It wasn't until we were putting out I noticed he was using one of the triple track balls which i know for sure he wasn't using on the previous hole.

I still haven't brought it up with the guy but mentioned it to a few other mates after the round, not many of whom were that surprised..

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I played with a cheat on the weekend. I play with this guy regularly and he's someone I'd consider a pretty good mate but obviously have lost all respect for him now.

Was a long par 3 and he hit a shocker way right into the shit. It was monthly medal so I told him to hit a provisional but he was sure we'd find it. We get down there and sure enough we don't see it anywhere and after a couple of minutes i gave up all hope, grabbed my putter and started walking towards the green. I look back over my shoulder and see the guy lean down and place a ball then shortly after claiming he found it.

I was a bit taken aback and didn't say anything straight away which i now regret. Should have called the guy out then and there but didn't really want to believe what I witnessed. It wasn't until we were putting out I noticed he was using one of the triple track balls which i know for sure he wasn't using on the previous hole.

I still haven't brought it up with the guy but mentioned it to a few other mates after the round, not many of whom were that surprised..
    That's very disappointing mate, and sucks the big one.

And what an idiot. First rule of cheating is always make sure you have at least the same brand ball to throw down. Such amateur.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

If there’s one thing that doesn’t shock me anymore it’s the blatant nature of some of these cheating incidents.

I reckon it happens more than you’d expect.

I had a member tell me to my face that he always allows his playing partners a free drop out of a certain bunker because “it was the right thing to do”. If he’s confident enough to say that to the Men’s Captain imagine what other hijinks goes on?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    If there’s one thing that doesn’t shock me anymore it’s the blatant nature of some of these cheating incidents.

I reckon it happens more than you’d expect.

I had a member tell me to my face that he always allows his playing partners a free drop out of a certain bunker because “it was the right thing to do”. If he’s confident enough to say that to the Men’s Captain imagine what other hijinks goes on?
    After quite a few years playing club golf, I have concluded that there are a ridiculous amount of cheats out there.

2 years ago I caught a board member taking a gimmie on the second hole of club champs!

I have noticed that certain groups go well in club champs until they don't play in their own foursomes, where they then fall apart when asked to count all shots.

We actually had the C Grade leader withdraw last year after round 2 when he was caught taking Irish Drops which he wasn't entitled to....

Chopperlink

WITB

I mean, what hope do you have when there's sandpaper in pockets in cricket, milking penalties in soccer, and so on and so on and so on! There very much seems to be a thing out there that it's only cheating if you get caught, otherwise anything goes.
    While there certainly will be some of it out there in golf, I don't think it's rife. I have only ever seen a few instances of it (only one absolutely blantant case, but I was in a different group and for all I know they recorded a wipe on the hole). It probably doesn't help that many wouldn't really be right up on all the rules of golf, me included, and maybe they could simplify things. But they are what they are.

I guess I'm just lucky that I'm crap enough at everything I do that cheating won't actually get me closer to winning........
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I don’t think so. No p***k seems to want to do anything about it.

Andy said it best on the shotgun start - the era of golf being a gentleman’s game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    After quite a few years playing club golf, I have concluded that there are a ridiculous amount of cheats out there.

2 years ago I caught a board member taking a gimmie on the second hole of club champs!
    I keep hearing stories that people on committees or on boards are some of the worst offenders.

I remember when @Solarman was a board member…. Dodgy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I don’t think so. No p***k seems to want to do anything about it. Andy said it best on the shotgun start - the era of golf being a gentleman’s game is over.
    Slugger White’s views on it notwithstanding, pro golf hasn’t ever been a gentleman’s game.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Sadly, if there are no other witnesses, and he doesnt confess, its your word against his, and his word overrules yours. [Case example my Pro mate called out a cheat on the spot doing exactly the same, the cheat reported my mate for harassment, PGA allowed the score to stand]

I suspect your best option is to call him out on the apot and tell him to never play with you again. You dont need this stress while enjoying golf. Who really wants to be watching a guy the whole round to catch him out.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Don’t sign his card etc!
    Gamers
    Ping G430 LST 9* Driver with CB55 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    TM Stealth 2 Hybrid with Nemeses 90 M4 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Quote Originally Posted by petethepilot View Post
    Don’t sign his card etc!
    That dont work, he refused to sign the card - hence the cheat complained. The PGA signed the card on behalf of the player.The rulebook does provide for the scenario where a marker is unable to sign the card. Anyway it ended well, alleged cheat was caught again a couple times aoon after and eventually disciplined, hasnt competed again ( not that he was any good)

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Yeah seems a common story with cheaters throughout most competitive pursuits. It's a pattern of practiced behaviour that they can't stop so they keep doing it and need to be reported multiple times before the authorities will pull the trigger.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Rick Reilly's book Commander in Cheat gives a very detailed account of Trump's cheating going back years.

As a member of our Clubs Match Committee (and also Club Captain) there is only one piece of advice I can give to everyone. If you see it REPORT IT !
    We all know of someone in our respective clubs that is famous for breaking the rules and in most cases it is for a good reason. The issue is that if it never gets reported it cannot be acted upon and they continue to do it. Most cases when they are dealt with by your Match committee will come down to a his word against mine secenario, but it means a few things:
    1: Someone has had the balls (no pun intended) to report it rather than just bitch about it at the 19th
    2: The cheat is now on the radar of the committee and further indiscretions will result in disciplinary action
    3: The cheat knows that they are being watched

I have been part of 4 disciplinary committee meetings to deal with cheats, it's never an easy thing, but in each case it was warranted.

Just remember, if someone doesn't know about a specific rule educate them "hey do you know that this is the correct procedure to take a drop" etc if they continue to do it after being advised then they are cheating,
    But there is nothing worse than those who take preferred lies when no one is watching, suddenly finding a lost ball that isn't theirs or purposely entering the wrong score.

WITB
    Ping Anser 9.5, Ping Anser 3 wood, Ping i20's 3-pw, Vokey 50, 54 & 58 deg wedges
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.6

Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club

Not so much a cheat story, more a poor form story?
    Played mid week comp last week at home club Keperra.
    Hole 15. Downhill right dogleg par 4 with water at bottom of hill left.
    Tee shot sprayed right, over trees at bottom of hill, 3 of us saw it clearly over the trees enough to all call FORE.
    Following group walking towards where ball was assumed to have landed.
    Get to bottom of hill, can't find ball, three of us looking.
    Then hear a call from up the hill from group behind us asking if I was playing a taylor made 0...My ball...
    Walk back up the hill. Probably about 180 m...It's my ball...20 m from where I teed off, but on the other fairway near the previous green.
    Scratch my head and think wtf. Wasn't until we discussed it later that we think we know how my ball got there. No proof of course..

Blog Entries

Cow, the ball had a marking on it specific to you?

Btw, I was very impressed with Keperra last year. I played it for the first time in 20 years. Didn’t think it was much chop before then but the layout has come on heaps! One of the best Brisbane courses imho!
    Last edited by petethepilot; 6th February 2023 at 08:45 PM.
    Gamers
    Ping G430 LST 9* Driver with CB55 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    TM Stealth 2 Hybrid with Nemeses 90 M4 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Cow, the ball had a marking on it specific to you?
    Yep, definitely my ball...
    Someone I mentioned it to today suggested I could have proceeded citing outside interference due to us believing where the ball should have been.
    Was going to look it up but haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Not so much a cheat story, more a poor form story?
    Played mid week comp last week at home club Keperra.
    Hole 15. Downhill right dogleg par 4 with water at bottom of hill left.
    Tee shot sprayed right, over trees at bottom of hill, 3 of us saw it clearly over the trees enough to all call FORE.
    Following group walking towards where ball was assumed to have landed.
    Get to bottom of hill, can't find ball, three of us looking.
    Then hear a call from up the hill from group behind us asking if I was playing a taylor made 0...My ball...
    Walk back up the hill. Probably about 180 m...It's my ball...20 m from where I teed off, but on the other fairway near the previous green.
    Scratch my head and think wtf. Wasn't until we discussed it later that we think we know how my ball got there. No proof of course..
    Doesn't happen at my club as much as it used to, usually it involves one of the multis who bring a tea bag from home.

Similar to you I'm searching even though I know it landed in the middle of the opposite fairway, one of the old blokes walks back 20 odd yards and throws me my pill. I say, come and put it back where you found it, he says that'll do, I'm furious and give him" did you at least wait till it stopped rolling you knut"

Btw, I was very impressed with Keperra last year
    The new dam has made a huge difference.
    They've almost completed the 28th hole which will give them the capacity to take a hole out whenever it needs attention.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Doesn't happen at my club as much as it used to, usually it involves one of the multis who bring a tea bag from home.

Similar to you I'm searching even though I know it landed in the middle of the opposite fairway, one of the old blokes walks back 20 odd yards and throws me my pill. I say, come and put it back where you found it, he says that'll do, I'm furious and give him" did you at least wait till it stopped rolling you knut"

Used to be an unwritten rule to never pick up a ball during a comp...
    My ball had seen a lot of action that round, wasn't exactly prime pickings...

Thread Information