Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default NSW Matchplay final, December 4 2005, Jimandr wins 1 up!

Vince and I are in relative agreement over venue and date, but he cannot confirm his availability until after the weekend.

There are two possible options.

1.  Sunday 20 November, venue may be New Brighton if Amanda is available and can get us on.  Vince isn't sure yet whether he can play this day.

When Amanda reads this I'm sure she can confirm or deny.

I would've liked Liverpool, but there is a small matter of a NSW Open final round being held that day at Liverpool.  If it were Qld I'm sure their professionals would step aside for OzGolf, but I'm not sure we are held in such high regard in the NSW Golf community.  

2.  Vince can't play the 27th, so the next chance is Sunday 4 December.  If the 20th doesn't happen, I'm certain we could get Liverpool booked for this day, possibly with ALD's help.

This reserve day may require approval from the higher powers, but they are reasonable men

I won't add the registration option until Vince confirms the 20th or the 4th.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Fabulous photos Jono, and thanks for the trophy. I'll cherish it forever, or at least until I donate it back as the 'perpetual' trophy we play for next year. Can you show me how to use the photo as my avatar?

Let me say that the jump out from the bunker into the unplayable up against the tree and fence may have been the most unfair thing I've ever had happen to my golf ball. I would've taken an unplayable except for the presence of the camera. I thought the backhand shot would make a good picture if it worked. Naturally it didn't, and cost me a hole after my opponent couldn't record better than a double bogey.

Grunt was a bit downhearted but he shouldn't be. Scoring badly while hitting many good shots is a great advance from when we first saw you play as a genuine 25 player, but with potential.

Vince was Mr Inconsistent. Good shots and bad shots, with no pattern apparent. Just needs to play more often.

Jono played Ok, some good chip shots, excellent hole outs from 10 feet and awful short putting. The Claw must be worth a try.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

congratulations Jim, sounds like it was quite a match
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

nice report lads

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

So when is Jim going to get thumped by Gaz?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    So when is Jim going to get thumped by Gaz?
    Then the winner has to take on me

Well done to the winner.........and bad luck to the non winner.

Great photos too.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Well done Jim!

Good work Jim.

Yes - I still have the matchplay money - I'm not sure if I'll have time to get a trophy done before I head off next Wednesday - but Jim - be assured - you will get something!

Amanda

There is a picture of the trophy in there somewhere. You should invest any money (perhaps on the red in the second at Bulli) and reimburse Jono in the new year after you return from your adventure.

Thread Information