Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1704

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Nope, not them. He's actually a fairly new owner of a big dealership. You wouldn't know him, heck, I still don't.
    Fair enough. I was lucky enough to visit their house once. Holy ****en shit!

No money in cars!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I believe Mark's wife is a Zupp. That should say enough. I guess the point of my story was that it's not only poor people who have a sense of 'entitlement'. I guess it's sometimes why they're rich.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Polls over the weekend:

Nielsen - Labor 56% LNP 44%
    News - Labor 55% LNP 45%

4% shift on last surveys...
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Election is 2 years away. Polls mean nothing.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

I'm sure that's what Julia thought as well...
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

**** this pisses me off. Argue about type details and which measures are best but the overall sense of entitlement in this country is ridiculous. You can't cut things but you can't raise taxes either.

Basic mathematics should tell anyone this is unsustainable.

12 months ago we apparently had a rabble who wildly overspent, now we have a rabble who when they try to do something are whacked.

I despair for he future of this country sometimes.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Yep. The people are stupid at times. But there have been stupid promises made by Abbott prior to the election.

The ALP become slaves to the popularity contest polls, which was as much their downfall as their incompetence.

And the majority of budget cuts are a correction against the overly optimistic promises made by the previous government. The money is not there to give.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Annoying things from the weekend:

"People hear things differently sometimes" - Abbott on breaking promises. Yes, Mr Abbott, it's our fault that we didn't listen properly.

The media focus on some function Joe Hockey had. Yep, let's focus on the little stuff and whack it on the front page of the paper.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Exactly - a lot of the cuts are only cuts on paper, to money that had been promised. Health spending for example is still rising significantly year on year - just not as steeply. It's debatable whether Labor would've ever provided the money either, it's not as if their budgets were known for their accuracy, but they did go to great lengths to make promises about funding for years and years while knowing full well it wouldn't be their problem after the election.

It's a shame the media don't report this, they just repeat Labor's rhetoric about $80bn in cuts to health without going into any detail.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Keeping a country afloat in a global economic downturn is "overspending"? Keeping unemployment at 6% and a AAA credit rating is worth spending money on.

What should be despaired at is yet another adolescent without a guardian has been sent to Manus Island. Whilst we are all worried about paying $7 for a doctor, deporting kids to Manus Island seems OK...

I'm not being partisan with my comments, I'm just genuinely frustrated that we are heading further down the path of American politics where basically nothing can be achieved due to gridlock and short term populism. I'm just as frustrated with the Libs over the NBN for example.

We've been a country that's worked hard to build a solid base, we've had a fortunate set of external circumstances whereby our resources have been in high demand. People seem to think this neans economic prosperity forever without needing to pay for anything.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMc View Post
    What should be despaired at is yet another adolescent without a guardian has been sent to Manus Island.
    Why?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Maybe two terms maximum is the go.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I guess the budget should have handed down an across the board increase in welfare, increase spending on roads, health, and education, and reduce taxes. Oh and a $5 cash bonus for going yo a doctor.

I am still waiting for the crybabies to offer a better solution. By the way " don't buy new planes" is not it.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Basic mathematics should tell anyone this is unsustainable.
    Of course, however basic mathematics isn't the strong suit of those with their hands out.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Of course, however basic mathematics isn't the strong suit of those with their hands out.
    Unfortunately those people live in marginal seats which decides government ... No wonder nothing gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatty View Post
    Did he drive home crying in his Porche?
    No, his clapped out 15+ year old Falcon was still running last time I saw him. Where the hell do you live if your GP drives a Porsche?

Anyway, way to ignore the point of his experience and attack the person you don't know.

The systems we have in our country make us the envy of a lot of the world. Once we get rid of them, they won't come back, and we'll be just another country who will still have all the same problems as everywhere else, but not the upsides like affordable education or public health care.

This is an opinion piece about lifting the cap on uni fees, from the perspective of a lecturer who teaches “history at a private university in the dysfunctional and falsely worshipped American system, which has provided much of the inspiration for the government’s plans. We can see the future in the American present.”

http://www.watoday.com.au/comment/ch...514-zrc5q.html

And the original creator of the HECS scheme believes many universities will immediately lift their rates to that of overseas students, i.e. triple the cost of current Australian fees. It’s all speculation, but it’s speculation from people with intimate industry knowledge.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...514-zrctv.html
    Ping, Callaway, Wilson Staff, Cleveland, Odyssey & Bridgestone - the United Nations of golf gear

Quote Originally Posted by Mububban View Post
    No, his clapped out 15+ year old Falcon was still running last time I saw him. Where the hell do you live if your GP drives a Porche
    Camp Hill.

My GP doesn't drive a Porsche.

He drives a BMW 6 series.

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    My GP doesn't drive a Porsche.

He drives a BMW 6 series.
    Excellent choice of motor vehicle. They command enormous presence on the road.

Good on him for all those years of study and practice.

Absolutely.
    He plays golf too.
    A member at both Lake Karrinyup and Royal Melbourne. Nice bloke.
    Lucky bugga goes to melb once a month for a "forum" and plays RM for 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    Absolutely.
    He plays golf too.
    A member at both Lake Karrinyup and Royal Melbourne. Nice bloke.
    Lucky bugga goes to melb once a month for a "forum" and plays RM for 3 days.
    Great choice of clubs as well.

I do not envy him at all. I didn't got to uni but I respect anyone that did, especially doctors and dentists etc. Not that I've done too poorly though. I must say it's good not working and paying taxes for those that are too lazy to work.

We are a lucky country and so many of us have been successful through nothing more than hard work.

My Dad always has said the harder you work the luckier you get.

Australia's problem is too many people want it all
    child health benefit
    Stay at home parent allowance
    Have a baby u bogan bonus
    Pension
    Sick benefits

And then wants lower taxes.

These ****s fail to realise we are an old population getting older and costing govt more because they wNt a pension.

Well **** them all.

Reduce our benefits to the bare minimum. The people that need it. Someone who works 40 hours a week with 2 kids shouldn't be getting handouts.

Get rid of the bullshit pick me popular benefits

Then you can lower our taxes.

Wow. Hello Simmsy.

And instead of everyone saying its unfair, unjust and the favourite cry anytime someone feels wronged "UnAustralian" god help me I'm gonna spew!
    Come up with alternatives real solutions don't cry it's unfair.
    Bullshit it's unfair.
    We live in a world leading country without any horrifying problems. Try telling those 200 odd young girls that were just kidnapped that you feel wronged for having to pay $7 to tell a doctor you have a sore throat.
    **** you all.

Thread Information