Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 68 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    State issues Raz.
    How was the ALP launch mate? Feel any movement? Stiffy?

Self Appointed Matchplay Nazi.
    Elite Endurance Athlete.
    Proud Blue Arseclown. Vocal Minority.

In the bag ...

Driver - Ping I15 9.5 Stiff Shaft.
    3W - RBZ
    Hybrids - Titleist 913 17 and 22 deg.
    Irons - Ping I5's
    Wedges - Titleist Oilcan
    Putter - Rife Deep Blue

http://www.golflink.com.au/handicap-history/?golflink_No=4010200385
    http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Marto65

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

No idea Mario. Been underground in a cave all day. Saw Scott Morrison and Eric Abetz in their natural environment so rewarding...

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I would vote for benno if I could. I agree with pretty much everything he has posted to date.

Living in one of Australia's most marginal seats (Corangamite) is hell. I could build a fairly sturdy treehouse out of all the pamphlets that have been dropped in my letterbox. What I really like about them (and the few TV ads that I have seen because I don't watch TV) is that the spin doctors have given up pitching to thinking people and are now aiming their ads squarely at the bogan vote. Even the voiceovers on the liberal ad sound like a caricautre of the dumb tradey in the pub.

My facebook status last week: Read the two election pamphlets that showed up in the mail yesterday. Looks like I have a choice between the Tony Abbott is an Asshole Party or the Everything Sucks Despite Evidence to the Contrary Party. No policies required. Thanks for dumbing it down for me. #RaceToTheBottom
    State issues Raz.
    Yep, same mob different faces.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

I was just subjected to 7 news - the first commercial tv I have watched in months.

Election ads reminded me why I don't watch commercial TV. They were all equally appalling.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I would vote for benno if I could. I agree with pretty much everything he has posted to date.

Living in one of Australia's most marginal seats (Corangamite) is hell. I could build a fairly sturdy treehouse out of all the pamphlets that have been dropped in my letterbox. What I really like about them (and the few TV ads that I have seen because I don't watch TV) is that the spin doctors have given up pitching to thinking people and are now aiming their ads squarely at the bogan vote. Even the voiceovers on the liberal ad sound like a caricautre of the dumb tradey in the pub.

My facebook status last week: Read the two election pamphlets that showed up in the mail yesterday. Looks like I have a choice between the Tony Abbott is an Asshole Party or the Everything Sucks Despite Evidence to the Contrary Party. No policies required. Thanks for dumbing it down for me. #RaceToTheBottom
    I have the opposite, living in a seat that would require a greater than 18% swing for the libs to lose. I have no idea who the contesting labor member is. Haven't seen one board up in town and no ads on TV. This last week started getting some for the lib member. Have received one thing in the mail box about the lib member.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

And where is this garden of Eden you live in Goughy?

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Dingo

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    I did refer to it as underlying. How do you feel about the cost of water, especially during the wet seasons we have experienced the last few years? Were you happy about the $1 billion desalination plant at Tugan? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Co...lination_Plant
    My mistake. I misunderstood what you meant by underlying.

I didn't mind the desal plant being built because at the time it looked like it was going to be needed to supply SEQ with water. It seemed to be a reasonable decision based on information available at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    And where is this garden of Eden you live in Goughy?
    Groom.

By no ads on TV etc, I mean stuff for the local member. Obviously get the national crap. And we are starting to get ads for the local sitting lib member, nicknamed chainsaw. His voice sound like Darren Lockyer, the morning out after a night out on the bender, then having eaten a bowl of nuts and bolts for breakfast and speaking to you through an operating garbage disposal. Maybe substitute Jason Smith for Lockyer,
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Seriously, I have been underground all day.

Did Tony refer to Syria as baddies vs baddies? FFS. What is he, a five year old?

Chopperlink

WITB

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Seriously, I have been underground all day.Did Tony refer to Syria as baddies vs baddies? FFS. What is he, a five year old?
    From now on when I'm discussing the election with mates I'll refer to it as baddies vs baddies. Seems apt, really.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Seriously, I have been underground all day.

Did Tony refer to Syria as baddies vs baddies? FFS. What is he, a five year old?
    Maybe not but I think half the electorate probably is. The average joe on the street really wouldn't understand the complexities of the situation - on one side, Assad's regime, accused of committing atrocities, with support from Iran and Russia, on the other side, a rag tag bunch of revolutionaries (including Al-Qaida affiliates) being supported covertly by countries like the US because they think it's in their best interests to do so.

What he said was pretty accurate, it might not be very diplomatic, but at this point I don't think any one really cares what Syria's government thinks of us (we are the least of their worries).
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

There was a cartoon in the SMH the other day, tried to copy it but, can't....

The caption read: 'How to Vote: Number the candidates in order from least to most disappointing' - pretty much sums it up really
    WITB
    Cobra Amp Cell 9.5* - Kuro Kage Stiff
    Cobra Amp Cell 3 - 4 Fwy (4) - Fujikura Fuel Stiff
    Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid (3) MRC Cobra Amp Cell Stiff
    Ping I20 4 - UW CFS Stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX 53* & 56* DG Wedge
    TP Mills SoftTail

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

hehe. We love to say that about the politicians. But I guess we should be happy we still get a choice.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I've already made my mind up for Saturday ...

Sausage sandwich from the bushfire brigade BBQ.
    Anzac bickies from the year 5 cake stall.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

From todays NY Times

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/02..._tnt_20130901&

If Rupert’s put Col here to try and make us go harder against the Labor government, quite frankly I don’t know how that is even possible,” Mr. Hildebrand added with a laugh.

News limited journalists now brag in overseas Publications over the influence on domestic politics they hold...

Fair and balanced you say

Chopperlink

WITB

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

From todays NY Timeshttp://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/02..._tnt_20130901&If Rupert’s put Col here to try and make us go harder against the Labor government, quite frankly I don’t know how that is even possible,” Mr. Hildebrand added with a laugh.News limited journalists now brag in overseas Publications over the influence on domestic politics they hold...Fair and balanced you say
    I don't say. But I also don't think that they have a responsibility to be so either.
    Forum needs more banter.

Blog Entries

No you say fair and balanced when it is convenient for you. I say Free Press.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    No you say fair and balanced when it is convenient for you. I say Free Press.
    I don't remember saying that, but I certainly agree with a lot of what they say. How many media outlets would be considered "fair and balanced"?
    Forum needs more banter.

Abc Shaun. Its in their charter.

Chopperlink

WITB

Blog Entries

None really. However the point that one block (Murdoch's press) hold too much of the national distribution in one group is still valid. It is better to have all or most views put forward.

And the fact that Foxtel now sell over the internet kind of removes the spurious argument about the NBN being bad for fox.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Blog Entries

Abc Shaun. Its in their charter.
    But they have always been a little to the left. (and yes it depends on the person).

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Not quitey Petey. If I can stream 80% of the content I want over the web for ten bucks a month then why would I pay foxtel $110 a month like to do now?

Chopperlink

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    None really. However the point that one block (Murdoch's press) hold too much of the national distribution in one group is still valid. It is better to have all or most views put forward.

And the fact that Foxtel now sell over the internet kind of removes the spurious argument about the NBN being bad for fox.
    So are you saying that it is ok for them to be biased if their circulation wasn't so large? Perhaps their circulation is so large because of their content.

I read Stan Zemanek's biography, and he wrote how Steve Price was always quite a lefty until he "got it'. To be a successfull talkback radio host firstly you must understand the demographic of the listeners, and the majoirty of them are older, conservative voters.
    Forum needs more banter.

Blog Entries

YEs there is that you can stream most stuff for free. Not sure how the fox over net works, but you do pay for it.

I still refuse to pay for TV that is full of ads anyway. Hurts during Rugby and NFL seasons but I have learnt to live with it.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    So are you saying that it is ok for them to be biased if their circulation wasn't so large? Perhaps their circulation is so large because of their content.

I read Stan Zemanek's biography, and he wrote how Steve Price was always quite a lefty until he "got it'. To be a successfull talkback radio host firstly you must understand the demographic of the listeners, and the majoirty of them are older, conservative voters.
    Nope. But I am saying we have an unbalanced situation where one block has an unusually large amount of circulation. Would like to see that altered by more competition etc (not sure how it will or would happen though).

And my view is that they reflect the mood of the electorate, not shape it as much as some would have us believe.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Thread Information