Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Default NSW Matchplay Semi 10th November Eastlakes Golf Club

I have followed the rules and opened the Semi up to TS as the lucky loser against 3oneday.

We have decided upon Eastlakes Golf Club (or should I say TS was generous enough to give me the option of where to play) on Thursday 10th November at 2:30pm.

At present there is no problems getting others to play. Jono is playing. Anyone else?

Let me know and I will book in as many as are interested.

Vince
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Re: NSW Matchplay Semi 10th November Eastlakes Golf Club

Quote Originally Posted by Virgal_Tracy
    I have followed the rules and opened the Semi up to TS as the lucky loser against 3oneday.

We have decided upon Eastlakes Golf Club (or should I say TS was generous enough to give me the option of where to play) on Thursday 10th November at 2:30pm.

At present there is no problems getting others to play. Jono is playing. Anyone else?

Let me know and I will book in as many as are interested.

Vince
    Vince, do you still want this game on the 13th organised ??

Pete

If everyone else is still up to play it may host the final if I can get up in my game with TS and Jim is still looking to play.

I'm more than happy to take over the organsiation seeing as you won't be playing but also happy if you have contacts in the pro shop that would be able to get us all on.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Re: NSW Matchplay Semi 10th November Eastlakes Golf Club

Quote Originally Posted by Virgal_Tracy

Vince
    I thought I was playing St Michaels ...  

Eastlakes sounds good.  Probably not as hard as St Micks.  I'm in.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

it's 32°C tomorrow

Just a quick summary of the day.

The main match was the NSW Ozgolf Matchplay semifinal between Vince and Tony.  Vince looked out of sorts at the start, hitting a few wild tee shots, whilst Tony kept it pretty together, doing nothing special, but enough to hit the lead.  With 6 holes to go, Tony was 4 up, and the match seemed all the over.  What happened after that was a comeback of Darth Vader proportions.  With his limbs severed and his torso burning in the flames, it seemed only the forces from the Dark Side could rescue Vince.  Hole by hole, he pegged back until it was all square with 2 to play.  17th was halved, and Vince played a miraculous chip shot on the 18th (after a tee shot that almost went OB and a pretty ordinary second shot) and sunk the putt for par and for the win!    Great comeback.

On the side, Trung and I played a match, which started with me going 2 up after 2 holes with 2 consecutive birdies.  After that it was all downhill (for me at least) and Trung got up pretty easily 3 and 2.  Well played, Trungie.  His putt on the par 5 13th deserves a mention.  We were both off the back of the green for 3, with me about 15 meters further back (thanks to a bladed wedge approach) and a tricky down hill chip.  Fluffed it and was still my turn.  Chipped again, expecting nothing much and ended up holing it for a par.  All square at this point, I expected to go to the next tee all square, but Trung rolled his downhill 16 footer from just off the green for the bird.

Anyway, all in all, a fun day.  We managed to miss the rain and the lightening which threatened for a while.  From my perspective, I'm still working on the swing changes from my last lesson with the pro, and hopefully I can get it to work a bit better before the Ozgolf Champs.  

Congrats to Vince, you deserve your spot in the final. Good luck against Jim..

TS.. I saw some ugly off-drive with your wedge. Best wishes next year.

Jono.. You thought u had me after 2 holes. pfffffffffffff
    I gave you 3 shots on 7th, 11th and 17th and you still lost 3 and 1. Come back and see me when your ready .

You met a pretty strong putting display today. You had no chance when I'm hot with the flat stick :P .

ps... hurry up on your shot a bit will ya.... could have been home an hour earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by Trung

Jono.. You thought u had me after 2 holes. pfffffffffffff
    I gave you 3 shots on 7th, 11th and 17th and you still lost 3 and 1. Come back and see me when your ready   .

You met a pretty strong putting display today. You had no chance when I'm hot with the flat stick :P .

ps... hurry up on your shot a bit will ya.... could have been home an hour earlier...  
    I've always said, Trung, that modesty is one of your most endearing qualities.    

Yes, you putted very well today.  Enjoy the taste of victory ... while it lasts.  

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Sounds like it was worth skipping work then eh Trung? Don't be afraid to tell us how great you played and what an awesome opponent you can be when you're hot!!! Are you sure you're not American?? (no offence to our American friends of course.... )

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Vince deserved to win, he played well when it matter.

The previous posts are certainly being generous. I was playing an opponent who was injured (tackling a burglar who was trying to steal your clubs wasn't it TS) and was possibly a little dehydrated seeing that the half way house was closed.

Was hitting the ball well early on but when allowing for a natural fade, as many who have seen me play can vouch for, that wasn't there the ball kept going left. A couple of OOB's had me on the back foot early.

My fortunes changed when I switched back to Callaway pills. I played the back 9 much better than the front. Finishing with more pars than bogeys which is great for a 19 capper.

Was a great afternoon. The banter between Trung and Jono is always entertaining. Trung is really hitting the R5 well. And Jono needs to find a girlfriend because I seriously think he has too much money to spend on clubs especially drivers.

TS is a pleasure to play with and I look forward to many more rounds.

In terms of the money list we'll have to leave it up to the powers that be on how to sort that out. It was an offical OzGolf round but the social scorecards didn't have an index. jono was claiming the win after 9 after playing well but Trung came back superstrong.

I don't believe according to the rules that mine and TS's scores count as it was the matchplay champs so you guys can figure it out.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Vegas,

It was worth every minute of it. After 2 straight birdies from Jono on the first 2 holes. I knew I could still get him. Just a matter of time.

I did putted great. :P

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Well done to Virgal Tracy

Obviously Vince is a man to be reckoned with, particularly as I will be giving him 13 shots start.

While I am still available for a game Sunday, my preference is to schedule the final a bit later to allow for a proper buildup. I will send a PM to see what Vince's options are.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Pending negotiations between myself and Jim the final wil be held either the 20th Nov or 4th Dec (approval from Championship committee to have final after the 27th of course).

We are talking about a course in the liverpool area as it is central to the 2 of us. Once confirmed we'll possibly be seeking a host and inviting others to join us.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Is someone goiing to post any scores for this round?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information