Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Keep it as yards and add 10%.
    Its what I have been doing, but it shits me....

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Nope, I am a Leupold user.
    I've been keen on Leupold for some time, but am yet to own one. What's the best place in Aus to get one currently, Daves?
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    I've been keen on Leupold for some time, but am yet to own one. What's the best place in Aus to get one currently, Daves?
    I bought my last one from Golfbox. But that was nearly 6 years ago and they don't seem to stock them anymore. I had not found any retailer selling them here recently. Other sports versions e.g. Shooting are available, but not golf.

Mine is getting a bit battered and flunky. Still works, but doesn't pick up the flag as well as it did. I have just picked up a slightly used Garmin Z82. Just waiting on it to arrive to see if it lives up to the hype.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

I bought my last one from Golfbox. But that was nearly 6 years ago and they don't seem to stock them anymore. I had not found any retailer selling them here recently. Other sports versions e.g. Shooting are available, but not golf.

Mine is getting a bit battered and flunky. Still works, but doesn't pick up the flag as well as it did. I have just picked up a slightly used Garmin Z82. Just waiting on it to arrive to see if it lives up to the hype.
    The Z80 is great but the 82 is supposed to have better optics which the 80 does lack

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    If getting this from GCO, use code YTP019 for 10% off

Personally, I'd spend the little bit extra and get the NX9
    - HD Optics
    - Apparently its 7x magnification (confirmed on golfwrx by PPG)
    - Magnet

Each to their own though.
    Thanks Wenz

I worked out the old one was going back to year of the first Vic Champs. So it had lived a good life.

NX9 ordered and 10% code applied.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

I really had a bad time with the NX7. Both units I got couldn't get the pin at all.

Spoke with a few other people selling theirs on gumtree and they had the same issue

Hopefully they've fixed it

Senior Member Major Winner

had a Leupold GX3 loved it, upgraded to the Z6 Jolt, piece of crap. It died a couple of weeks ago and managed to get it replaced on wrty. Hoping the V5Shift is better.
    sad that Leupold aren't in Australia. Certainly better Rangefinders than Bushnell imo.

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    had a Leupold GX3 loved it, upgraded to the Z6 Jolt, piece of crap. It died a couple of weeks ago and managed to get it replaced on wrty. Hoping the V5Shift is better.
    sad that Leupold aren't in Australia. Certainly better Rangefinders than Bushnell imo.
    I just grabbed a Leupold GX4i3 from RBG (USD$75 off using code BLACKTHURSDAY)
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    My mate pranked me, and changed my V2 to yards.
    Except the button is busted and it won't change back.

I just want a basic device - the NX7 suits what I want to spend. Anyone got one?
    How busted? If it's only a one-off change could a screw driver do the job to short the button circuit?

That is a great deal!

great stuff cuorty.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Does anyone own a Precision Pro NX2 and can give their thoughts? In all the years I have played I have never owned a Rangefinder. I'm not fussed with slope or fancy features. Just want something simple that works.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

I picked up an as new Garmin Z82 a couple of months ago. I have to say I am struggling to warm to it. The optics are no even in the same ball park as my old Leupold. It is an LED screen, so that is part of it, but it is in no where as clear or crisp, despite infinite fiddling with the focus. Having to restart it each time from it's slumber is a PITA, as is having to remember to charge it ever few rounds.

I don't tend to use a rangey very often on my home course, as the GPS plus lots of rounds usually gives me all I need to know. But I do use it a bit as a travel with the Vets golf. Yesterday I used Pin Pointer for the first time on a blind hole and it was a disaster. We had to wait for the green to clear and I had worked out a line from my memory of the hole. I started up Pin Pointer and it told me I had to hit it 30 to 40m right of my original line, so I did, and you guessed it, I ended up 30+ right of the flag!

And the Phone App is next to useless. I have loaded it up a number of times and the courses it shows are not the courses I m playing, despite them being labelled as being so!

interesting point about recharging. If it only lasts a couple rounds that would be annoying, unless you have a usb charger in your cart/buggy. I know I would never take it out of my bag to charge it.

But I suppose that Z82 would have a much higher battery drain than the basic range finder, so maybe there is no other way.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Not many would come close to the quality of optics that Leupold produce , they are a top producer of quality rifle scopes that come with a lifetime warranty , far better than Bushnell
    Bushnell rangefinders seem to take a big jump in price in the last model they bought out

I love my Garmin Z80 and would happily upgrade to the Z82.

You give up some optics, but I feel you gain a lot of information for that.

Personal preference

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Like what, M3J? I've got a Bushnell Hybrid, but I don't bother with the GPS section anymore. For the range finder, I use the sighter, I push the button and I get a distance. What else can you get?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Like what, M3J? I've got a Bushnell Hybrid, but I don't bother with the GPS section anymore. For the range finder, I use the sighter, I push the button and I get a distance. What else can you get?
    Well a few things:

At home course:
    - as there a few tee boxes and a lot of lay up or go over trouble holes, it's good to see those distances from the tee
    - the big greens and semi raised greens on a lot if holes makes it easier to see where the pin is on the green by using the pin measurements and front / middle / back. I've been a lot better at missing on the right side of short or long because if this

Travelling:
    - at courses I'm not familiar with or play infrequently, the layup distances are very valuable, as are where the bunkers are around the greens and over the back etc
    - shows where the hole actually goes and 200/150/100 metre points from the green so makes it easier to see a strategy.
    -give your distance from the tee (say 250m) in an arc so you can see if those bunkers you see are even in play or not

I just find that it's great to know the pin is 165m from you, but it's better to know that the pin is on the back half, and a club long is going to miss the Greenside bunkers but stay on the back etc

Picked up a Precision Pro NX9. Will report back after a few rounds with my thoughts.
    WITB

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I nearly bought a Nikon Coolshot 20i GII yesterday when I thought my NX7 had died. But then I realised I'd just put the battery in the wrong way around . The Nikon looks pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    I nearly bought a Nikon Coolshot 20i GII yesterday when I thought my NX7 had died. But then I realised I'd just put the battery in the wrong way around . The Nikon looks pretty good though.
    WITB

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Well a few things:

At home course:
    - as there a few tee boxes and a lot of lay up or go over trouble holes, it's good to see those distances from the tee
    - the big greens and semi raised greens on a lot if holes makes it easier to see where the pin is on the green by using the pin measurements and front / middle / back. I've been a lot better at missing on the right side of short or long because if this

Travelling:
    - at courses I'm not familiar with or play infrequently, the layup distances are very valuable, as are where the bunkers are around the greens and over the back etc
    - shows where the hole actually goes and 200/150/100 metre points from the green so makes it easier to see a strategy.
    -give your distance from the tee (say 250m) in an arc so you can see if those bunkers you see are even in play or not

I just find that it's great to know the pin is 165m from you, but it's better to know that the pin is on the back half, and a club long is going to miss the Greenside bunkers but stay on the back etc
    Thanks. Looks like the main thing I am missing out on is the picture layout, as I do still use a GPS device (Garmin Fenix watch), just not the one on the side of the Bushnell.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Anyone have a Garmin S20? Thoughts?

I can get one for $100, used of course.

Update on the NX9 after a few rounds. Pretty easy to use. Seems to pick up the flag quite well and I like then vibration feedback. I'm sure the optics on more expensive models would be better but this does the job.
    WITB

Might be in the market for a new rangey if my Bushnell Tour V3 is dead... what is everyone using these days that is under $300?

Thread Information