Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Gold coast to Bowen, express post, 2 days. Maybe things getting back to normal.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Gold coast to Bowen, express post, 2 days. Maybe things getting back to normal.
    I think you’ll find Bowen, like Cairns and Townsville, are outside the ‘Express’ bubble.

Two days does sound normalish though.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    I doubt I’ll ever criticise Aus Post again after this week.

Two purchases from eBay both going across metro Sydney one with Sendle the other Couriers Please.

Both have taken over a week and still not delivered anything, Couriers Please don’t know where the package is and their contact system is completely useless.

From now on I’ll be asking sellers if they use either of these two muppets before I buy anything.
    I have not previously had any issues with either of these couriers. But at the moment I am waiting on a delivery that was sent with Sendle from the ACT on the 26th November. It has been showing as in transit since then. I bought a similar item from the same seller back in September. Again sent via Sendle and it got here in 3 days.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

I got a package from Sendle last week funnily enough it was delivered on a Couriers Please con note by Cochraines . There are a lot of freight "companies " the trouble is there are not many actual national carriers , its mostly sub contracted out

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    I got a package from Sendle last week funnily enough it was delivered on a Couriers Please con note by Cochraines . There are a lot of freight "companies " the trouble is there are not many actual national carriers , its mostly sub contracted out
    Yep, both of my deliveries were delivered at the same time which supports your statement.

10 days to travel across Sydney is a joke especially when both tracking systems are close to useless.

Both went from picked up to delivered with nothing in between.

In comparison, I ordered an umbrella from Brisbane and Fastway delivered it to Sydney in 3 days.
    Last edited by pt73; 10th December 2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I have not previously had any issues with either of these couriers. But at the moment I am waiting on a delivery that was sent with Sendle from the ACT on the 26th November. It has been showing as in transit since then. I bought a similar item from the same seller back in September. Again sent via Sendle and it got here in 3 days.
    That’s a shocker, I hope it hasn’t been lost

I sent a Driver from Brissy to Adelaide Express Post it took one day, bought a set of hair Clippers from Adelaide Express Post and it took 9 days to get here!
    Proud to use Circle"B" Sun Protection!

Default Australia Post Delays

I’ve come to form the opinion through both personal and professional experience that there are 2-3 levels of shipping associated with price v service.

1. Pay peanuts (relatively) - Think of Aus Post, Sendle etc.

These are the ones where you pay the bare minimum and essentially “it gets there when it gets there”. There’s very little recourse and the update schedule is pathetic. Perhaps you’ll get notified when its picked up, processed and delivered, on board for delivery if you’re lucky. It may not even be attempted to deliver, just chucked in the Aus Post pile of “things I couldn’t be fuc*ed delivering today”.

2. Lower level Toll/TNT/Courier

This is where you pay for that direct door to doors service but you never truly trust its going to arrive on time. Could be overnight, could be in 2-3 days. The only guiding light is you get an alert every 30-60 minutes when it goes through sorting or lands on some bozo’s truck. Usually theres an option to add insurance but it doubles or triples the price. The depot is generally + 1 hrs from your house if you miss delivery and it takes FBI and/or CIA intervention to receive the parcel from the service desk.

3. Top tier express Courier - think Express DHL, FedEx

You’ll pay between $150-$5k for a small parcel or a midsized box or $30k + for a pallet, the upside is you get accurate, up to the minute detail on exactly where the item is and what state it is in. When you make a call or enquiry the person on the phone is always helpful and always knows exactly where your item is and when it should be reaching the next scanning location. It will generally land exactly the day that was promised and if it doesnt there is always a completely valid reason why it didnt. The dirty part is when that Uber important part arrives after dropping 5 grand on shipping and it turns out the subcontractor you were relying on to install said part couldn’t make it for another week and it was all a waste.

However!!! Each group can always pretend they’re the other including group 1’s thinking they’re group 3’s and vice versa.
    Last edited by BUSHY; 10th December 2020 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    Couries please have significant presence australia wide but they are definitely not everywhere. On the sendle website there is a list, because they charge a flat rate extra $15(?) To those locations they call remote.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    That’s a shocker, I hope it hasn’t been lost
    Still no sign of it, nor any update to the tracking. Strangely enough, eBay sent me a message a couple of days ago;

We're sorry, David, your order is arriving later than expected
    Don't worry, your order XXXXXXXXXX is still on the way. Thank you for your patience, check My eBay to keep track of your delivery status.

I wonder what they know that Sendle apparently do not?

Still no sign of it, nor any update to the tracking. Strangely enough, eBay sent me a message a couple of days ago;
    cant answer that but seems Sendle tracking tool seems to be more helpful than Couriers Please (which is my guess is the actual courier)
    --
    Handy-Cap

The tracking only happens as it hits a a depot and is unloaded , we used a couple of hand held scanners and it depended on where the barcode was or if it was still there , we only scanned the small parcels as they came out of the cages
    Lets just say that some of the guys didn't give a s*** about the scanning ,also the scanners were not always reliable , it would be once a week you would lose all the scanning data when you uploaded it
    I think the fact it hasnt been scanned again probably means it is still in a depot and there can be many reasons for that none of which should be the problem of the consumer
    The transport industry is a strange mix of high tecchnology and some very old ways

Express post from VIC to SA.
    Received by Auspost Monday 14th - 6.23am
    No tracking updates all week
    Just rang them and they "assume" it's either been lost or stolen (ask the seller for a refund)

Don't really care when it comes, just that I want it to come, can't be assed trying to get a refund and order from someone else.
    Last edited by Wenz; 18th December 2020 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Express post from VIC to SA.
    Received by Auspost Monday 14th - 6.23am
    No tracking updates all week
    Just rang them and they "assume" it's either been lost or stolen (ask the seller for a refund)

Don't really care when it comes, just that I want it to come, can't be assed trying to get a refund and order from someone else.
    That's a I can't bothered looking response.

The transport industry is a strange mix of high technology and some very old ways[/QUOTE]

Yea, had a transport company that had us sign the consignment note and the scanner, as the scanner was unreliable.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Express Post box.
    Bowen to Alice Springs.
    Left Bowen on 10th.
    Into Darwin on 15th.
    Into Alice Springs on 17th. (10am) so normally you'd expect it the next day.
    Nahhhhhh
    Delivery not expected until 22nd December.

Lucas sent me 2 shafts express on Monday they are still at the brisbane airport as of yesterday, Aus Post have gone into meltdown

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

You’re getting double shafted!

We're sorry, David, your order is arriving later than expected
    Don't worry, your order XXXXXXXXXX is still on the way. Thank you for your patience, check My eBay to keep track of your delivery status.

This parcel turned up out of the blue today. They did deliver it to our next door neighbour just to keep their incompetence rolling!.

I lodged a trace/refund request on Monday and the Seller had followed it up with Sendle who were going through their "process", see tracking link;

https://track.sendle.com/tracking?re...LYfQn6slgzPQMw

I suspect the Tracing Dept aren't even aware it has turned up and been delivered.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The scalliwags at Startrack didn't deliver my golf bag today, because apparently my office was closed at 12:30p in the afternoon.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    The scalliwags at Startrack didn't deliver my golf bag today, because apparently my office was closed at 12:30p in the afternoon.
    Mate,

Apparently they are having some sort of IT issues. I called StarTrack this morning. My sceduled delivery yesterday didn't arrive and it's still in limbo

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Ozgolf sydney branch posted me a golfbag yesterday and startrack delivered it this morning.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by darkeststar07 View Post
    Mate,

Apparently they are having some sort of IT issues. I called StarTrack this morning. My sceduled delivery yesterday didn't arrive and it's still in limbo
    Hmmmm, I don't know if that is the problem. Today's "undelivered" excuse is that they couldn't access the site. Startrack deliver to my office all of the time, so it must be a different driver, because of the bigger item or something. I've left additional instructions, so let's see if it makes it tomorrow.

Ordered a HDD from umart Friday Arvo about 3pm. Arrived Monday lunch via auspost
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    14 way???
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Thread Information