Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

That’s not looking good. I always ask that my mobile gets written on a parcel these days, less excuse for going missing then.

Sent some temperature sensitive bioliogicals via overnight courier (we send about 200 a week) and didnt arrive at destination the next day. Folowed up and eventually located as being given to the wrong courier by the airline. But it took two weeks to be found.

So some dumbass logistics worker was looking at a box with sender and recievers name, address and phone number, and distinct markings saying urgent, and keep frozen, and wondering what to do with it.

Ok. Nothing to so with Auspost, but sometimes it amazes me how such a simple thing can get screwed up.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Not AP directly, this one was Star Track. Never had a problem with them before, but this one really bemused me.

Bought a couple of clubs off of eBay and the seller sent via Star Track it get them here quicker (not requested, a great seller I have bought from before).

They were onboard for delivery last Wednesday, but they claimed they couldn't find our address. Same thing Thursday, Friday and Monday. Got here on the 5th attempt Tuesday. The address was correct, it even had my mobile no. included but they never called. They did send an obscure SMS linked to an unsecure and strangely addressed URL. Which took me a supposed Track & Trace address (again with a strange URL address), that wanted me to enter my Credit Card details???

I have never had a problem like this with a delivery before from any courier company, and Star Track are regular visitors here and recently too (GCO and Golfbox both use them).

The parcel showed up on Mypost right from the start, so they knew who I was etc.

The seller was pretty pissed off I think. They run a sports warehouse business, so would be big users of couriers services I would think. I was bemused and befuddled.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Not AP directly, this one was Star Track. Never had a problem with them before, but this one really bemused me.

Bought a couple of clubs off of eBay and the seller sent via Star Track it get them here quicker (not requested, a great seller I have bought from before).

They were onboard for delivery last Wednesday, but they claimed they couldn't find our address. Same thing Thursday, Friday and Monday. Got here on the 5th attempt Tuesday. The address was correct, it even had my mobile no. included but they never called. They did send an obscure SMS linked to an unsecure and strangely addressed URL. Which took me a supposed Track & Trace address (again with a strange URL address), that wanted me to enter my Credit Card details???

I have never had a problem like this with a delivery before from any courier company, and Star Track are regular visitors here and recently too (GCO and Golfbox both use them).

The parcel showed up on Mypost right from the start, so they knew who I was etc.

The seller was pretty pissed off I think. They run a sports warehouse business, so would be big users of couriers services I would think. I was bemused and befuddled.
    I’ve had drivers do this in the past.

Don’t have the time or even attempt to deliver, just to get through the day quicker.

End up receiving a “final delivery attempt” notice and then have to pick up.

Could be issues with outsourced drivers getting lost. I get that a lot with stuff we send out, and doesnt help that the outsourcing causes the delivery to be no longer trackable.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Major Winner

Sounds like your delivery was out of the way compared to all the other parcels required for delivery so took the CBF approach to going out of their way and list a BS reason.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Never struck the credit card detail thing before, that sounds very weird.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Used to work for a delivery company that had the startrak , we actually lost the contract to Aus post
    I could tell some stories Lmao

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Would actually love to know some of those stories!
    Prior to startrack going to auspost, we'd had some Dell laptops delivered via startrack, on two occasions. We live on the outskirts of town. The first one the tracking showed it as delivered, but we hadn't received it. Got onto Dell to chase it up, and it took a while to find. Turns out when it landed at the local courier it was a Wednesday arvo. They only deliver to our area on Wednesdays, so it sat out at the couriers beside a desk for a week, and it took that week for us to find that was where it was. The next one, when it said it was delivered but we didn't have it I went out to the courier place and picked it up; it was sitting next to a desk again.

Ordered some clothing from an online store Thursday arvo. Shipping info was submitted to auspost that evening, at 9pm Thursday it was in the Melbourne depot. Friday morning at 9am it was at my local depot in Toowoomba! That was quick. Just regular post, not express.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by MAZA68 View Post
    Never struck the credit card detail thing before, that sounds very weird.
    Very weird, stopped me in tracks. Thought it must be a Scam, especially with the strange URL address.

My wife took the delivery, so I didn't get to speak to the Driver. But he still went to the wrong house initially, she said. I suspect JC is right, it was out of their way initially, and then became too hard till a supervisor intervened (at the Sender's request/insistence). In this day and age of a Google search quickly throwing up a map and even a photo of an address, I struggle to make any excuses for the Driver. Add my mobile No. on the address label and it was obviously "just too hard"!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

The USPS is making Auspost look like Amazon.

I ordered and SC300 from a company in Los Angeles. So far the tracking looks like this:

August 28, 2020 06:57 LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATES ARRIVED
    August 22, 2020 20:07 LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER PROCESSED THROUGH REGIONAL FACILITY
    August 22, 2020 20:06 LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER ARRIVED AT REGIONAL FACILITY
    August 15, 2020 05:46 LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    August 15, 2020 05:46 INBOUND OUT OF CUSTOMS
    August 15, 2020 05:45 LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    August 14, 2020 14:34 LA MIRADA,CA,90638 USPS PICKED UP ITEM

Onto its THIRD facility in LA ... still hasn't left the United States. For the privilege, shipping cost 75 USD.

I'm now hoping it actually gets onto a plane and doesn't come via ship or courier porpoise.

Very weird, stopped me in tracks. Thought it must be a Scam, especially with the strange URL address.

My wife took the delivery, so I didn't get to speak to the Driver. But he still went to the wrong house initially, she said. I suspect JC is right, it was out of their way initially, and then became too hard till a supervisor intervened (at the Sender's request/insistence). In this day and age of a Google search quickly throwing up a map and even a photo of an address, I struggle to make any excuses for the Driver. Add my mobile No. on the address label and it was obviously "just too hard"!
    I heard from our local courier that there are drivers that refuse to call a mobile, if the address can't "be found" they just bring it back...part of the "just to hard".

Most wouldnt call. They get paid stuff all per package and its all about delivering as much as they can quickly. As it turns out it is not worth their time to make calls. Thats the harsh reality of it.
    --
    Handy-Cap

COVID slow down is pretty bad...
    had a book ordered from UK; tracking showed it arrived at Perth International pretty quick (1 week) but it was stuck in custom for about 2.5 weeks before it was processed at Aust Post.

slow time

It’s occurring across the entire spectrum of shipping.

I’ve had a consignment left on the dock in Malaysia because there’s no room left on ships. Orders split in two for the same problem. It feels very “every man for themselves” in that regard.

Airfreight consignments being delayed due to incoming flight restrictions.

I’ve got a parcel that’s been sitting in Auckland for the last 19 days because of the backlog of airfreight to Australia. NZ post are advising customers that 22days is the norm currently for items to Australia.

I noticed an article today that suggested Aust Post had their busiest day ever recently. The point of the article was Executive bonuses are already back on the table patting themselves on the back even though delivery rates are pathetic.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-...ecord/12614028

... yet I had a parcel from Thailand and DHL got it here in under a week, no problems.

DHL is not the Post. They have their own planes and they do the customs processes internally.

Bushy thats interesting. I got a fixed price 10kg box sent by NZ Post that arrived here last friday, took one week or less
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    DHL is not the Post. They have their own planes and they do the customs processes internally.

Bushy thats interesting. I got a fixed price 10kg box sent by NZ Post that arrived here last friday, took one week or less
    Of course. However, the postal services are charging just as much if not more and taking way longer. I unfortunately had no choice on the parcel I'm waiting on, the company only uses USPS.

To be honest i have never seen couriers cheaper than Post
    --
    Handy-Cap

Thank you so much for your email. I am terribly sorry your order has yet to arrive as I know it has been an incredible wait!

Aus Post is experiencing major international delays of up to 22 business days due to impacts from COVID-19. There are infrequent flights leaving from Auckland, increasing demands for health and safety protocols, and an influx of shipments... ie the perfect storm for shipping delays. I wish there was more I could do to speed-up your shipment for you.

To be honest i have never seen couriers cheaper than Post
    I have. I sent a Driver shaft that the local AP LPO would not (now) accept. So I ended up using Couriers Please, and they were significantly cheaper than Parcel Post. And they picked up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I’ve had drivers do this in the past.

Don’t have the time or even attempt to deliver, just to get through the day quicker.

End up receiving a “final delivery attempt” notice and then have to pick up.
    I had a delivery driver do the afternoon dump-and-run and dropped a "Sorry you weren't home" card in my letter box while my front door was open and I was literally metres away inside my office. So close I actaully saw him do it.

So I completed the form with the instructions choosing to attempt redelivery the next day and not drop it to a local depot, and stuck it to the front of the letterbox as instructed. The next afternoon he drives by, I hear the van pull up and I start walking out the front, and he drops a second "Sorry we missed you" card in the letterbox, moving the other out of the way to do it. So I had to go to the not-so-local depot.

The lure of beer o'clock was clearly too much for that man.
    Last edited by henno; 2nd September 2020 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    ... yet I had a parcel from Thailand and DHL got it here in under a week, no problems.
    I was pretty impressed that FedEX got my order last Wednesday and delivered today from middle of woop woop India

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Aus post are a joke they have the monopoly and now can’t handle the volume they are getting , I’ll guarantee it’s their processing at either end that is the holdup with the parcels . Auspost/Startrak also have a huge advantage over every other courier/transport company and that is having a tax payer provided depot in almost every town in Australia

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    Aus post are a joke they have the monopoly and now can’t handle the volume they are getting , I’ll guarantee it’s their processing at either end that is the holdup with the parcels . Auspost/Startrak also have a huge advantage over every other courier/transport company and that is having a tax payer provided depot in almost every town in Australia
    I labelled one of my parcels 'Hurry up C***s' on the app. Took two weeks for the delivery to land from Melbourne

Bad idea

Thread Information