Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    They are probably delivering it to Okitoki out of habit.
    lol.... yeah... the Aust Post depot lady is on a first name basis with me now haha

Member Trainee Pro

hey you know instead of paying a few grand to travel instate , poke a couple of air holes in an express post bag for you and the family and ya may get to travel the country side for a couple of Australia post express bags... might not be as comfortable as an airplane

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

We had a shipment of wine coming from WA. We picked it up from the local PO yesterday. One carton missing, so contacted the seller. AP had just advised them that the carton was "damaged"in transit. This is the 2nd time this year they have managed to "damage" a wine shipment. I have never had shipment damage with any other carrier! let alone wine which is marked with so many warning and labels. And they aren't cheap either! more expensive than any other carriers I have paid for.

Their advertising is trying to rebuild the brand and suggest they are returning to their service roots, but they have a long way to go! Thank Ahmed, the Destroyer for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    We had a shipment of wine coming from WA. We picked it up from the local PO yesterday. One carton missing, so contacted the seller. AP had just advised them that the carton was "damaged"in transit. This is the 2nd time this year they have managed to "damage" a wine shipment. I have never had shipment damage with any other carrier! let alone wine which is marked with so many warning and labels. And they aren't cheap either! more expensive than any other carriers I have paid for.

Their advertising is trying to rebuild the brand and suggest they are returning to their service roots, but they have a long way to go! Thank Ahmed, the Destroyer for that!

And now tracking tells me that they recorded it as damaged a week ago, but only told the sender yesterday! This was similar to last time they managed to break something. Their processes have absolutely no customer focus, what so ever!

And now tracking tells me that they recorded it as damaged a week ago, but only told the sender yesterday! This was similar to last time they managed to break something. Their processes have absolutely no customer focus, what so ever!
    I got an SMS yesterday telling me there was an AP delivery to be made from the sender of the wine. I responded with the code requested (no one would be home so take it to the PO). So I rock up at the PO late afternoon and they have nothing. The AP says it has been delivered to WA!!?? So after much head scratching, we figure out the delivery was actually the broken carton (broken on 7/9!) being finally delivered back to the sender FFS! The real telling thing for me was the AP staff saw nothing wrong with this transaction and could not understand why I wanted to complain!!

I subsequently contact the seller and they confirmed same, and advised a new carton had been dispatched and should take about a week to get here (if it does actually make it this time!!).

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I got an SMS yesterday telling me there was an AP delivery to be made from the sender of the wine. I responded with the code requested (no one would be home so take it to the PO). So I rock up at the PO late afternoon and they have nothing. The AP says it has been delivered to WA!!?? So after much head scratching, we figure out the delivery was actually the broken carton (broken on 7/9!) being finally delivered back to the sender FFS! The real telling thing for me was the AP staff saw nothing wrong with this transaction and could not understand why I wanted to complain!!

I subsequently contact the seller and they confirmed same, and advised a new carton had been dispatched and should take about a week to get here (if it does actually make it this time!!).
    StarTrack has now sent me 3 separate notifications that my Golfbox order is on board for delivery, latest was last week, for something that was delivered in July.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

This post isn't so much about a delay - but Aus Post damage.
    Bought some newish Ping irons from ebay private seller - delivered to my front door, carton damaged, the 9 iron was dinted noticeably at the back. Checked the sellers pics but there was no damage in his pics - contacted him and he reckoned damaged in post. Subsequently spoke to AusPost who said drop the club and box and packing off for assessment but max. compensation would be $50 - that's not good enough. Thinking I will contact seller and return for a refund - that will be interesting - not sure he's expecting that at this stage.
    Any other ozgolfers had Aus Post damage issues involving returns to sellers?

3 Jab shipped me a head over two weeks ago. Not here yet.

Binh a wedge head over a week ago. Nothing yet.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

still in Perth from Friday! Aust post are crazy!

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Anything on the tracking numbers mate?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Anything on the tracking numbers mate?
    Yours arrived in Perth on Friday @1:55am. Monday was a holiday. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

I had to delete a bunch of PMs. Can’t remember if 3Jab had tracking. I may have accidentally deleted the details.

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    This post isn't so much about a delay - but Aus Post damage.
    Bought some newish Ping irons from ebay private seller - delivered to my front door, carton damaged, the 9 iron was dinted noticeably at the back. Checked the sellers pics but there was no damage in his pics - contacted him and he reckoned damaged in post. Subsequently spoke to AusPost who said drop the club and box and packing off for assessment but max. compensation would be $50 - that's not good enough. Thinking I will contact seller and return for a refund - that will be interesting - not sure he's expecting that at this stage.
    Any other ozgolfers had Aus Post damage issues involving returns to sellers?
    if Aust Post has damaged your goods , they do not in my opinion get to say what compensation is if you paid 120 bucks per iron and all they are going to do is give ya 50 bucks for compensation they are ripping you off.... they should have taken more care in the 1st place..... just imagine if you damaged there postie bikes and you told them send it to me to check it out but max compensation would only be 50 bucks , they wont accept that and nor should you accept that for compensation...

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ozdevil View Post
    if Aust Post has damaged your goods , they do not in my opinion get to say what compensation is if you paid 120 bucks per iron and all they are going to do is give ya 50 bucks for compensation they are ripping you off.... they should have taken more care in the 1st place..... just imagine if you damaged there postie bikes and you told them send it to me to check it out but max compensation would only be 50 bucks , they wont accept that and nor should you accept that for compensation...
    Any time we use the service without paying extra for insurance we are accepting that we will be compensated $50.

Any Contract Law boffins on Ozgolf want to get in here and throw some actual facts around?

No amount of 'it's the vibe of the thing' will get you around the terms you accept. And there is no contract between you and any postie bike.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Any Contract Law boffins on Ozgolf want to get in here and throw some actual facts around?

No amount of 'it's the vibe of the thing' will get you around the terms you accept. And there is no contract between you and any postie bike.
    I am pretty sure you sign away your rights to more compo when you accept APs T & Cs. Using the service usually implies acceptance, if there is disclosure. Whether it is fair and reasonable (the Vibe Test) is another matter. I am not aware of any specific Australian Consumer Law relating to this issue, but the ACCC could prosecute a case if there was sufficient public interest. I have not researched it, but would be surprised if any of the carriers offer significantly more without extra cover. I always add insurance cover if the item is worth more than $50, irrespective of if the buyer paid for it or not. Piece of mind for both. Not surprisingly, I have never had an insured item damaged by AP, that I am aware of. Strange that!

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Yours arrived in Perth on Friday @1:55am. Monday was a holiday. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

I had to delete a bunch of PMs. Can’t remember if 3Jab had tracking. I may have accidentally deleted the details.
    Delivered today at 12:20 mate

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Delivered today at 12:20 mate
    It arrived as I was leaving, with Bluu’s as well

Bought a headcover off eBay from a seller also in Sydney, two weeks later still hasn’t been delivered.

Found out today that Aus Post sent it via Perth.

Go figure .......

PTP sent me a putter from Vic to Perth and it went via Tassie !

Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday and the status is now Delayed.

No $hit and I guess that now means lost.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Due delivery date! Why both it's a work of fiction.

Simple fix for all these post problems, stop buying shite from all over the place , buy locally

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Simple fix for all these post problems, stop buying shite from all over the place , buy locally
    Funny you should say that. When EZ-GO first came out I sent a package to my next door neighbour, they came and collected it and it took three day to get delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Funny you should say that. When EZ-GO first came out I sent a package to my next door neighbour, they came and collected it and it took three day to get delivered.
    Ever thought it’s just you ?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Australia Post Delays

Got an update today. After a week my irons have moved 36km, from Noble Park to the Sunshine Sorting facility. At the current rate I’ll get them after Anzac Day. Even with the public holiday that’s pretty poor.

Thread Information