Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default NSW Matchplay final, sometime before or on 27 November

After discussing the subject with some OzGolf experts, I need to make something happen in order to get this completed.

3oneday and Virgal Tracy seem to be having enormous difficulty matching their schedules.

The time must surely be very close where one of the two should forfeit to the other if they cannot play their game.

I am unavailable the weekend of 5&6 November, but I can play 12 or 13, 19 or 20, and 26/27 November. During daylight saving, the problem of the 12.30 start at the end of an open day comp at somewhere like Liverpool is not really a concern any more.

Saturday mornings are available with Grunt at Macarthur Grange (or even without if he's working), a Saturday or Sunday at The Springs is possible, and there are a number of other Sunday comp options available.

All I'm waiting for is an opponent.

I'll probably lose a shot after a good round today, so I'll be an easy touch for someone in form.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Re: NSW Matchplay final, sometime before or on 27 November

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr
    After discussing the subject with some OzGolf experts
    that's an amusing statement by itself.... what did Jono say ???
    The time must surely be very close where one of the two should forfeit to the other if they cannot play their game.
    here's an idea, you forfeit and we will play the final :P
    3oneday and Virgal Tracy seem to be having enormous difficulty matching their schedules.
    we decided to wait until I had finished my Club Champs, sorry if I rate that a little higher in the pecking order.
    I am unavailable the weekend of 5&6 November, but I can play 12 or 13, 19 or 20, and 26/27 November. During daylight saving, the problem of the 12.30 start at the end of an open day comp at somewhere like Liverpool is not really a concern any more.
    duly noted, my calender shows about 4 weekends between now and then.

Myself and Mr Virgal Tracy may discuss this this week, once we have decided a date, should we approach you for approval ???

Geez

Pete

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Re: NSW Matchplay final, sometime before or on 27 November

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    After discussing the subject with some OzGolf experts
    that's an amusing statement by itself.... what did Jono say ???
    here's an idea, you forfeit and we will play the final :P
    we decided to wait until I had finished my Club Champs, sorry if I rate that a little higher in the pecking order.
    I am unavailable the weekend of 5&6 November, but I can play 12 or 13, 19 or 20, and 26/27 November.  During daylight saving, the problem of the 12.30 start at the end of an open day comp at somewhere like Liverpool is not really a concern any more.
    duly noted, my calender shows about 4 weekends between now and then.

Myself and Mr Virgal Tracy may discuss this this week, once we have decided a date, should we approach you for approval ???

Geez

Pete
    Gee ... someone's in a shitty mood on a Sunday evening. Chill, man ...

I had nothing to do with it. I'd like to see it completed so I can congratulate the winner, but in the big scheme of things, I don't give a ____.

Good luck to remaining 3 Ozgolfers in the NSW matchplay.

I am chilled, you should see me on a Saturday night , apologies for thinking you were an Ozgolf expert

Pete

according to the guidelines set , you guys still have a while left before you have to complete this match don't you
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

... apologies for thinking you were an Ozgolf expert      
    Mate, if I were to give Jim a tip on playing you in matchplay, I'd say something like "Hide his iron covers so that he can't concentrate, worrying about the depreciating value of his clubs with every ding and every scratch" ...

How's that for "expertise"?

you've got Pete sussed there Jono

or you could have said ... "mate, i'm sure you were hitting the MP-32's a LOT better than those irons" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    ... apologies for thinking you were an Ozgolf expert      
    Mate, if I were to give Jim a tip on playing you in matchplay, I'd say something like "Hide his iron covers so that he can't concentrate, worrying about the depreciating value of his clubs with every ding and every scratch" ...  

How's that for "expertise"?  
    If I was a betting man, my cash would be on Vince actually  

I only damage 8 irons......

hang on, I am a betting man.... damn

it's not whether you win or lose Pete .....

i had to say it really didn't i :P

Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    it's not whether you win or lose Pete .....  

i had to say it really didn't i  :P
    nah, you lost me, Mr JarIfinallystoppedkickingtyresandboughtsomethingro....

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I am long odds to be able to finish this thing. I am unavailable on both the 6th and 27th of November and Saturdays aren't an option as I play cricket. This means that I would have to play on consecutive Sundays which won't fit in with family.

So I am more than happy to step aside and forfeit to Pete. Then its up to the powers that be whether Jim and Pete play the final or whether there is time for Jono to step up and play Pete for the place in the final.

Amazing how other committments get in the way. I would still like to play Pete at some stage if only to get a swing at the J33's. Having said that waiting for the cavity backs but that is for another topic.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Quote Originally Posted by Virgal_Tracy

I would still like to play Pete at some stage if only to get a swing at the J33's.
    turn it up mate ... they were about 2 sets ago

I am long odds to be able to finish this thing. I am unavailable on both the 6th and 27th of November and Saturdays aren't an option as I play cricket. This means that I would have to play on consecutive Sundays which won't fit in with family.

So I am more than happy to step aside and forfeit to Pete. Then its up to the powers that be whether Jim and Pete play the final or whether there is time for Jono to step up and play Pete for the place in the final.

Amazing how other committments get in the way. I would still like to play Pete at some stage if only to get a swing at the J33's. Having said that waiting for the cavity backs but that is for another topic.
    the rules as they stand, Trung goes back into the draw I think ???

Too bloody hard, how about we play in the next couple of weeks and finish the thing when the winner and Jim can agree on a mutual date, afterall, qualification for next years Masters has been missed anyway  

Subject of course to the approval of the committee, or Andyp anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by jarro

I would still like to play Pete at some stage if only to get a swing at the J33's.
    turn it up mate ... they were about 2 sets ago  
    yeah, good one, they are mine for at least 5 more days.....

Why does my name keep on cropping up in this thread? I was beaten in the first round, for goodness sake. Some dude who can't hit an 8 iron beat me 6 and 5 ...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

the rules as they stand, Trung goes back into the draw I think ???

Too bloody hard, how about we play in the next couple of weeks and finish the thing when the winner and Jim can agree on a mutual date, afterall, qualification for next years Masters has been missed anyway  

Subject of course to the approval of the committee, or Andyp anyway....
    Virgal_Tracy, I will have a crack at Pete if you want....... The more I lose, the better I am.

Imagine this scenario. Pete plays Trung and wins. But Pete can't meet the deadline for the final leaving Trung to play in the finals ... So potentially Trung could reach the finals without winning a match!

Vince, if you can arrange to play Pete sometime in Oct or Nov, then play him. If you do win, and can't make the final, we can work something out then. It's silly to pull out now because you don't think you can play the final by a certain date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Imagine this scenario.  Pete plays Trung and wins.  But Pete can't meet the deadline for the final leaving Trung to play in the finals ... So potentially Trung could reach the finals without winning a match!    

Vince, if you can arrange to play Pete sometime in Oct or Nov, then play him.  If you do win, and can't make the final, we can work something out then.  It's silly to pull out now because you don't think you can play the final by a certain date.  
    I guess in my subtlety it was missed, but the 27th November was a date chosen as it co-incided with the thing at Tweed Heads. It just so happens that none of the 3 are playing that event so really, is it a moot point as to when it should be played ??

Maybe it should be played prior to the event starting next year ???

Having said that, will a 9 month matchplay attract many starters the second time around ???

Senior Member Major Winner

Oooh, i can't wait...

We can have all these intriguing discussions ALL OVER AGAIN!! WOOHOO!
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

[, is it a moot point as to when it should be played ??

The Ozgolf Season officially ends at the Championship.

So yes, it should be played on or before that date.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

And don't forget that the NSW winner then has to come down to Melbourne and play the Victorian Matchplay Champ aka Flowergirl.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Jono u knob, I won 1 match..

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

At least I have started a dialogue, which I had hoped would be a good thing.

At this point there is one rule that needs to be observed, which is that the final SHOULD be held by 27 November. I'm sure the executive rulesmakers would allow an extra week or two if it were absolutely necessary, but not too much leeway.

So...., the rules also say, rightly or wrongly, that a forfeiter can be replaced by the person who was beaten.

Two possible scenario's I reckon.

1. Pete and Vince make a deadline of November 20. If Vince can't make it, he forfeits, Trung takes Vince's place and the winner moves on to a final as soon as possible.

2. Vince calls it a day now, a real and proper grudge match between Pete and Trung is scheduled as soon as possible, then we hold a final before the other final is played.

I just want to see some progress, one way or the other.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake
    [, is it a moot point as to when it should be played ??

The Ozgolf Season officially ends at the Championship.

So yes, it should be played on or before that date.
    You guys in Queensland better get a move on then ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trung
    Jono u knob, I won 1 match..
    Just stirring, mate ...

Thread Information