Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default NSW Matchplay final, sometime before or on 27 November

After discussing the subject with some OzGolf experts, I need to make something happen in order to get this completed.

3oneday and Virgal Tracy seem to be having enormous difficulty matching their schedules.

The time must surely be very close where one of the two should forfeit to the other if they cannot play their game.

I am unavailable the weekend of 5&6 November, but I can play 12 or 13, 19 or 20, and 26/27 November. During daylight saving, the problem of the 12.30 start at the end of an open day comp at somewhere like Liverpool is not really a concern any more.

Saturday mornings are available with Grunt at Macarthur Grange (or even without if he's working), a Saturday or Sunday at The Springs is possible, and there are a number of other Sunday comp options available.

All I'm waiting for is an opponent.

I'll probably lose a shot after a good round today, so I'll be an easy touch for someone in form.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Major Winner

You didn't start dialogue, you had a dead-set whinge. This whole matchplay thing has been about hyper-competitiveness and winning, every round there's been a whinge prior to any fixture to compliment some good golf.

You seem overly keen for Vince to stand aside. I agree that the date of the 27th is a moot point as Pete suggests, but you're right Jim, rules are rules, no matter how many QLD'ers it took to make them. So in the interest of a water-tight competition, regardless of common-sense, you should play this as quick as possible. Heck, 3 rounds have taken 8 months, why not make the final 2 over 2 weeks
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    You didn't start dialogue, you had a dead-set whinge. This whole matchplay thing has been about hyper-competitiveness and winning, every round there's been a whinge prior to any fixture to compliment some good golf.

You seem overly keen for Vince to stand aside. I agree that the date of the 27th is a moot point as Pete suggests, but you're right Jim, rules are rules, no matter how many QLD'ers it took to make them. So in the interest of a water-tight competition, regardless of common-sense, you should play this as quick as possible. Heck, 3 rounds have taken 8 months, why not make the final 2 over 2 weeks
    Mate, you can't have a whinge about someone else whinging ...

I for one would like to see Vince play out this comp. The lone high marker left amongst the single handicaps. Go you good thing ...

Thread Information