Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default Official VIC champs thread - Feb 15-18, Melbourne

Click HERE for Countdown!

Advance weather forecast here

Please double check the table in post#1 to make sure your accomm and golf details are right.

Thur, Fri, Sun accomm: andigolds Park View Hotel on St Kilda Rd. He's supplied us the very generous rate of $62.50 per person twin share, with option for people to room up as 4's for below $50 a head. An absolute steal to be so cheap so close to the CBD. No prepayment required, one person in each room to put up a credit card on check in & then just pay on checkout. 10 days before for final numbers is enough notice.

Sat accomm: Here. 15 people officially booked in for Sat accomm. $70 a head.

Fri golf: Southern GC. $60, carts are an extra $45, pull carts $5 hire. We have the last 5 groups booked from approximately 12:30 onwards. Should give interstaters arriving that morning a bit of time to get to the hotel, or straight to the club and have a quick meal or drink. Daylight no issue for any of these times as Daylight savings will be in full swing.

Sat golf: 6 tee times, 12:00PM onwards at St Andrews Beach. Cost will be $85 & includes cart or $69-50 without. Please note if you decide prior you don't want a cart but then want one on the day they will be $40.

Sun golf: Confirmed, 5 slots, 9:20AM to 10AM at Moonah Links Legends Course. Cost of $95 & includes cart.

Mon golf: Spring Valley GC - 7:56AM hitoff. Cost of $82.50, no cart.

So, a total of $200 for golf on Saturday & Sunday, with $20 going towards prizes. Or if you wish, please pay the full $342.50 for all four rounds golf, or the full payment for whatever rounds you are playing + $20 for prizes. Full payment preferred but instalments OK too. Final payment by 22nd Jan 2013.

Meals / activities:

Thurs night: Had in Lime restaurant @ Parkview Hotel. Chicken was magnificent but the Lamb Wellington is still my choice here.

Fri night: BBQ and salad had. Some regurgitated. Andy has provided a conference room for "activities". They will be good fun and include the all important BYO alcohol (which some should steer clear of next year!).

Sat night: BBQ at St Andrews Beach Golf Club. Drinks must be purchased from the club but we can bring whatever else we like. FG can get hold of some meat (stop sniggering you lot!) and salads. Need to know final numbers a week or so before. Probably around $10 a head to cover costs.

Sun night: Was the awesome idea of Chinatown with beers @ Young & Jacksons hotel.

Player Thu
    score
    Fri
    score
    Sat score Sun
    score
    Mon score Total (avg)
    LeftyHoges 35 35 31 29 38 168 (33.6)
    Kev 26 25 28 33 23 135 (27)
    Iain - 35 37 37 19 128 (32)
    Popper81 28 32 26 39 26 151 (30.2)
    LarryLong - 30 29 35 - 95 (31.7)
    Courty 26 29 34 29 26 144 (28.8
    Marto65 - 30 35 38 - 103 (34.3)
    FlowerGirl - - NCR - - NCR
    JohnnyBoy - - 26 - - 26 (26)
    andigold - 34 26 32 22 114 (28.5)
    Bruce - - 28 40 - 68 (34)
    Bruce Snr - - 24 24 - 48 (24)
    Peter_rs 21 30 35 42 33 161 (32.2)
    BenM 26 29 34 31 21 141 (28.2)
    HCC - 30 - - - 30 (30)
    Muldude - - 33 35 - 68 (34)
    IanO - - 32 - - 32 (32)
    wbennett - 35 25 36 28 124 (31)
    oncewasagolfer - - 32 25 - 57 (28.5)
    AndyP - 36 34 30 28 128 (32)
    Lucasto23 - 21 25 40 30 116 (29)
    Monsta65 - 25 32 27 22 106 (26.5)
    Grumpy - 31 23 34 23 111 (27.7)
    Spanner039 24 - 24 - 24 72 (24)
    Firey - - - 25 - 25 (25)
    Total 186 (26.6) 485 (30.3) 653 (29.7) 661 (33.1) 363 (25.9) 2351 (29.59)

Day Winner R/UP NTP NTP NTP NTP Long Drive
    Friday * AndyP (36) LeftyHoges (35) 3rd 5th 12th 16th 14th
    Peter_rs Popper81 LarryLong BenM LeftyHoges
    Saturday Iain (37) Peter_rs (35) 4th 6th 11th 16th 13th
    Peter_rs? Marto65 IanO No-one LeftyHoges
    Sunday Peter_rs (42) Bruce (40) 3rd 5th 10th 16th 6th
    muldude Lucasto23 ? oncewasagolfer Popper81
    Monday LeftyHoges (38 ) Peter_rs (33) 3rd 5th 10th 14th 12th
    Lucasto23 Iain Spanner039 kev wbennett

*wbennett (35) received a 3rd place prize on Friday due to the generosity of Southern GC in donating prizes.
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 22nd February 2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Weather added

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

The clubs are included in your checked baggage allowance I believe... as per http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/plannin...ge/bulky-items so it'll depend on what they weigh and how much weight you've paid for.

Virgin are a bit better, they charge per piece and one piece can be up to 32kgs (as per http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en...fragile-items/). I just booked flights to Canberra for a trip I'm doing next month and it was $15 for one piece, $45 for 2 pieces (each way - so I ended up paying $90 for the return trip for 2 bags, one will be the clubs and the other will be normal luggage). Speaking of which if anyone is up for a hit in CBR on the weekend of the 24th/25th November....

I'm still keen to come to these Vic champs by the way but won't be able to confirm for at least a couple of weeks as I will need to organise leave etc.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Ah soo they do. $69 on special too. Instead of 119 so a fair saving.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Avalon in no traffic is 50 minutes to the hotel, in traffic you can add between 30 - 60 minutes extra.
    Tullamarine in no traffic is 20 minutes to the hotel, in traffic you can add between 20 - 40 minutes extra.

There is a shuttle bus from avalon but it drops off at Southern cross station and you have to get a train and tram or a taxi to the hotel from there. It's $22 one way and you need a myki card to use the train and tram, minimum cost $14, or a cab for around $12-15.

From Tullamarine the Frankston and Peninsula Airport Shuttle (FAPAS) drops off and picks up at the hotel for $19 one way.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    It will be a bit late to play the course underneath the bridge though. It would be a good way to set the tone for the weekend...... (not that I've played it).
    I used to be a member there. Is a fun course, very short 9 holer with the only dogleg par 3 I have ever seen.
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Can someone just make a decision for me? I do the research and get other people to make the decisions; it's what I do best.

Original post updated for Friday's round as Woodlands looks unlikely. Peninsula G&CC is the next target. We will need a little more time to get there than for Woodlands, around an hours drive.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    I used to be a member there. Is a fun course, very short 9 holer with the only dogleg par 3 I have ever seen.
    Is that the longish looking one after what looks like a double green?
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Original post updated for Friday's round as Woodlands looks unlikely. Peninsula G&CC is the next target. We will need a little more time to get there than for Woodlands, around an hours drive.
    Hmmmm, makes a Friday morning flight harder. Currently looking at the Gold Coast flight that gets in at 9:15a, then shuttle it on the FAPAS to the hotel if there is no lift available. Will people still be around at the hotel by then?

Hmmmm, makes a Friday morning flight harder. Currently looking at the Gold Coast flight that gets in at 9:15a, then shuttle it on the FAPAS to the hotel if there is no lift available. Will people still be around at the hotel by then?
    If necessary, I'm happy to pick you up from the airport Friday morning. So long as we go straight from airport to golf club we should be there around 11ish. Plenty of time. We'll try to make hitoff a little later.
    GolfMap

Hey, you already added me to the list. I had been lurking until now keeping it in mind, slyly mentioning it to the missus and the flights special got me to act.

I AM CONFIRMED IN.

Jetstar GC-Mel 6:00a-9:15a (Long Day)
    Jetstar Mel-GC 6:35p-7:40p

I got 20kg checked in baggage for $20 each way. Feel free to catch the same flights either way, guys.

FWIW St Andrew's Beach is the only course I've played out of those listed. I have played Moonah Open too with FG.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Iain, stop looking and weigh in.
    Hey, I was at work, could only look not post. Are you parking at gold coast Andy? I haven't got leave approved yet, but even if I don't, it's only two days sick (Mon and Fri) so count me in.

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Parking at Gold Coast is the plan I guess. I've never flown from there before, so I've taken Petey's word for it that the parking is cheap. If you get the same flights, I could pick you up super early on the Friday morning.

Hey, you already added me to the list. I had been lurking until now keeping it in mind, slyly mentioning it to the missus and the flights special got me to act.

I AM CONFIRMED IN.

Jetstar GC-Mel 6:00a-9:15a (Long Day)
    Jetstar Mel-GC 6:35p-7:40p

I got 20kg checked in baggage for $20 each way. Feel free to catch the same flights either way, guys.

FWIW St Andrew's Beach is the only course I've played out of those listed. I have played Moonah Open too with FG.
    And the first "big fish" is landed. Watch all the others flock in now that "le boss" is in!

15 confirmed starters for Saturday / Sunday champs at this stage.
    11 for Friday @ hopefully Peninsula.
    9 for Monday @ Spring Valley.
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 5th October 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    GolfMap

Blog Entries

Parking at Gold Coast is the plan I guess. I've never flown from there before, so I've taken Petey's word for it that the parking is cheap. If you get the same flights, I could pick you up super early on the Friday morning.
    It is not cheap, just cheaper than Brisbane (25-30 a day instead of 50)

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Member Trainee Pro

Should be an hour and 10 max unless you really get screwed with the traffic. Which is pretty rare as you're on freeway most of the trip.
    guys and gals

I do alot of driving around the state of victoria

I am afraidcoming into the city of melbourne specially on the west gate can be very hectic depending on what time of day it is going to be

traffic this afternoon heading into the city from the west gate freeway was at a stand still to the top of the west gate bridge...

so have a think about it before you head in from avalon....as there is not to many short cuts into the city from that direction

Quote Originally Posted by ozdevil View Post
    guys and gals I do alot of driving around the state of victoriaI am afraidcoming into the city of melbourne specially on the west gate can be very hectic depending on what time of day it is going to betraffic this afternoon heading into the city from the west gate freeway was at a stand still to the top of the west gate bridge...so have a think about it before you head in from avalon....as there is not to many short cuts into the city from that direction
    Funny, there's only been one time in all my trips to Melbourne (3-4 times a year) that I have ever struck traffic trouble and that was getting onto kings way at 5:00pm.

Member Trainee Pro

Funny, there's only been one time in all my trips to Melbourne (3-4 times a year) that I have ever struck traffic trouble and that was getting onto kings way at 5:00pm.
    well i do this on a regular basis lefty not 3-4 times a year, i may not go that route on 3-4 times a year!

during the day until about 4-5pm ya ok on that freeway but for some unknown reason lately going into the city from avalon direction the traffic is building up to the point its at the top of the west gate

Tonight Nothing special on in the city and it was choccas go figure

Lefty mate i travel on the westgate every day except weekends unless i am heading the otherside of town for golf or what evever..

I think i would have a little bit more of an idea then someone over 3-4 times a year... not being smart or anything i am a professional driver and i work these roads

i'll be honest coming into the city there is no reason for it at 5 pm in the arvo but it is getting built up by the day, i am even thinking why is it so

but hey lefty i aint going to get into a bitch session with you about it

just saying from my every day driving over the westgate its just getting rediculasly conjested

Quote Originally Posted by ozdevil View Post
    well i do this on a regular basis lefty not 3-4 times a year, i may not go that route on 3-4 times a year!during the day until about 4-5pm ya ok on that freeway but for some unknown reason lately going into the city from avalon direction the traffic is building up to the point its at the top of the west gateTonight Nothing special on in the city and it was choccas go figureLefty mate i travel on the westgate every day except weekends unless i am heading the otherside of town for golf or what evever..I think i would have a little bit more of an idea then someone over 3-4 times a year... not being smart or anything i am a professional driver and i work these roadsi'll be honest coming into the city there is no reason for it at 5 pm in the arvo but it is getting built up by the day, i am even thinking why is it sobut hey lefty i aint going to get into a bitch session with you about itjust saying from my every day driving over the westgate its just getting rediculasly conjested
    Oh, I wasn't having a go at all Oz, I'm sure you do know it better than I. I was just saying it was funny that I've only had trouble once. That may well be just pure luck on my side there. But there's no way I'd be gambling on it not being gridlocked if my life depended on it!
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    It is not cheap, just cheaper than Brisbane (25-30 a day instead of 50)
    I always use the off site parking, and the prices seem quite similar. Not that it matters; the GC flight times were better, went to Tullamarine and are cheap.

Blog Entries

We used this mob when we went to Japan
    http://www.goldcoastairportparking.com.au/

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Member Club Pro

Lefty, all welcome over to my place for drinks (I brew my own beer and will have a keg or 2 on) and a BBQ or whatever after golf if we play at Peninsula. I'm literally 10 mins from there.

Blog Entries

Sweet!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Best Champs Ever?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Best Champs Ever?
    Only if it takes place before the WA Champs.
    Forum needs more banter.

Quote Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
    Lefty, all welcome over to my place for drinks (I brew my own beer and will have a keg or 2 on) and a BBQ or whatever after golf if we play at Peninsula. I'm literally 10 mins from there.
    Ooh, by jeebus, that's tempting.

Will have to go with group consensus here. If we go BBQ and drinks here, then we probably should find a formalish venue for Saturday night down on the peninsula.
    GolfMap

Thread Information