Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Red face TaylorMade RBZ Tour Driver — FCT Question

OK, this will likely be a dumb question, but I can't find the answer online. Anyway, should the sleeve screw come out of the head once the shaft is removed? On my Nickent 4DX Evolver, the screw comes out of the head, but on the TaylorMade RBZ Tour it doesn't and just loosely sits in the head. I'm worried that I will strip the sleeve, screw, or both when replacing the shaft again. Thoughts?

Member Club Pro

As far as I know in the taylormade drivers they just sit there after you take the shaft out

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

You should be able to take it out 100% sure

Senior Member Major Winner

You should be able to take it out - but there is a rubber grommit holding it in.

Thanks for the help. I was — eventually — able to separate the screw from the grommet. Now if I could only get my head around the FCT settings. Increasing the loft closes the face angle?

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    Here you go...
    Cool, that helps. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the concept that adding loft closes the face and vice versa (as — obviously — on irons when you add loft you open the face). I'm guessing this has to do with the shaft going into the adapter at a certain angle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Cool, that helps. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the concept that adding loft closes the face and vice versa (as — obviously — on irons when you add loft you open the face). I'm guessing this has to do with the shaft going into the adapter at a certain angle?
    "(as — obviously — on irons when you add loft you open the face)" - Only if you keep it open thru impact, if you square the face at impact you won't have changed anything (assuming you haven't changed the shaft angle at impact)

When you change the face angle on any adjustable driver the change in loft is always assuming the face is square, if you set a driver to an open setting and you measure the face at this open setting the loft won't change, it will only change if you measure the face in the square position.

This is why people should take no notice of the driver loft Pros play, If Tigers driver says 10.5 and he has it bent open then it will play lower than 10.5.
    There was a good video on SITD showing the Elkington getting a new Superfast driver setup in the TM Tour Van, the tech was bending the hosel and then measuring the head and telling Elkington how far open it was and the new loft.
    WITB
    Ping G430 LST 9 @10 - Tensei 1K Black 65S
    Titleist TSi2 16.5* - Tensei 1K Black 75S
    Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei 1K Black 75S
    Ping G400 23.5 - Vista Pro 80 S or Ping i210 4 - Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Ping i210 5-PW - Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 60M -Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Odyssey 7S OG

Quote Originally Posted by goonie View Post
    Only if you keep it open thru impact...
    You've lost me? If I open the club-face at address, it adds loft assuming everything else remains equal.

Quote Originally Posted by goonie View Post
    When you change the face angle on any adjustable driver the change in loft is always assuming the face is square, if you set a driver to an open setting and you measure the face at this open setting the loft won't change, it will only change if you measure the face in the square position.
    I'm slow on the uptake. I'm not saying it isn't the case (and I've consulted the list that Virge linked to), I'm just saying I can't wrap my head around it at the current point in time.

Anyway, I'm unsure if I love the TaylorMade RBZ Tour driver to be honest. Either the X flex shaft plays weak, the swing-weight is off, or a combination of the two. I'm going to cut it down to 45" (I'm unsure whether to butt trim or tip trim to make it play stiffer), put a mid-size grip on it, and see what the swing-weight is. How hard would it be to add hot melt to the head? Maybe I'm better off using lead tape.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    movin' to the country gunna eat me alot of peaches.

Couldn't find a rocketballz tour thread... thought this would do.

Mine just got delivered from 3balls. I bought for the matrix black tie shaft, but have just hit it inthe mud pile out the back and was impressed. It makes a hirrible noise, and is high launching ( everyone agrees looking @ golfwrx reviews)

Anyone rocking rocketballz tour at present? In the past? thoughts in general.

Blog Entries

Default TaylorMade RBZ Tour Driver — FCT Question

Calling Virge... And Jade-ho
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

I used one on Saturday for the first time. (my son's) It is the tour 9* with RBZ HD6 shaft. It does go high. I don't like the sound of it or the look of it. What else, hmmmm, I drove the 16th at Mackay, around 310m I think from memory. I ****ing crushed it, so that says something. I couldn't use it though all the time. P.s. I haven't been on that green in years.

It is weird hey.. I have a tree beside the 11th green that I gauge driver on... Today was into the wind, and I hit one that flew it.... I they hit a razr hawk that hit half way up, but I swear it was still climbing. The razr is going to be longer, but i am sick of hitting it left.

The Ballz, is not as ugly as i thought, but gee wiz it makes a racket... it scared me a bit when i first hit it. I notice the guys that i play with that use TM are sneaky/deceptively long. Looks like nothing off the club face, but they keep going.

I want the weather to **** off so I can go and compare

The RBZ Tour is a nice head, lots of TM guys prefer it over the R11S. It's no longer than anything else when properly fitted but it is quite forgiving and as you have found out it's quite a high launch head.

This head is starting to look like a winner...... I am seriously surprised.

Sometimes when I think of you I touch myself..........

Default TaylorMade RBZ Tour Driver — FCT Question

Love the rbz.

Default Re: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Driver — FCT Question

Quote Originally Posted by popper81 View Post
    It is weird hey.. I have a tree beside the 11th green that I gauge driver on... Today was into the wind, and I hit one that flew it.... I they hit a razr hawk that hit half way up, but I swear it was still climbing. The razr is going to be longer, but i am sick of hitting it left.

The Ballz, is not as ugly as i thought, but gee wiz it makes a racket... it scared me a bit when i first hit it. I notice the guys that i play with that use TM are sneaky/deceptively long. Looks like nothing off the club face, but they keep going.

I want the weather to **** off so I can go and compare
    This post is showing as posted on 01/01/1970??

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    This post is showing as posted on 01/01/1970??
    I am actually an immortal, a enternal being born well before my time.

OR,

Courty, ****ed ozgolf again. You pick?

Sometimes when I think of you I touch myself..........

Thread Information