Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default The thing that irks me about V8 supercars is ...

I've been a motorsport fan for a thousand years. Dad used to take me to Oran Park and Amaroo Park. I used to live for motorsport and my childhood hero was Colin Bond. ( Peter Brock's HDT team mate )

Back then a driver would fight his guts out for a lead. If there was an accident, whoopdy friggin doo, you just keep on driving, the flag marshalls would let you know there was oil/body panels/limbs on the track and drivers would drive accordingly.

THESE DAYS there is no incentive for anybody to build on a lead, because some numbskull at the back of the field can have a stack and the field bunches up again. I know it makes for close racing all day but it just isn't fair on the leader who has risked everything to get that far in front.
    A classic example was that no-name that ended up in the sand pit at Caltex chase. For God's sake, just hook him up to a winch , pull him outa there and get on with it.

On today's coverage , around lap 120 or so, one of the commentators said how amazing it was for the top 3 to be separated by a few seconds after 4 hours of racing. Well what do you expect , Bill?

I'm starting to think Damo is right.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Have to agree with you there Mike
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

easy fixed. start the race in sydney and the winner is the first to arrive in brisbane.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Mike - good point. And showed today with Skaife sitting 3rd or 4th all day, just behind the pace and came up trumps.

But there was a long section of the race today without a pace-car - 60-odd laps. That could have been the last 60 laps, and then your concern is a moot point.

But more often than not there's a safety car incident in the final 20-30 laps of an enduro.
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    Mike - good point..
    I only make good points
    And showed today with Skaife sitting 3rd or 4th all day, just behind the pace and came up trumps..
    All the more reason to hate the pace car.

But there was a long section of the race today without a pace-car - 60-odd laps. That could have been the last 60 laps, .
    Nuh. I didn't watch much of the race but I know there was a pace car around lap 120 and again with only 12 laps to go, after the punch up.
    But more often than not there's a safety car incident in the final 20-30 laps of an enduro.
    Maybe they should do away with the first 151 laps and just have a 10 lap sprint to the finish.

What the hell is that pace car anyway ? talk about ugly. ugh.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

It was a Chrysler 300C Hemi, being released here in November
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Mike - good point. And showed today with Skaife sitting 3rd or 4th all day, just behind the pace and came up trumps.
    That's all a Holden driver has to do. The Ford's in the lead always crash/ breakdown near the end anyway.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by Courty
    That's all a Holden driver has to do. The Ford's in the lead always crash/ breakdown near the end anyway.    
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Thread Information