Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 90's Classics

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Maynard is ok (busy with other projects and his wine business), but the rest of the band are pretty lazy; I have to honest the last time I saw them live (Sidney Myer Music Bowl) it was a complacent performance, no energy to it, video screen got really boring after first loop, same sh*t over and over again, Adam messed up a number of times and the band went out of time. In the lead up to the tour Adam was recording in the uk, he returned to the states and then two days later they were off to NZ. Hardly an ideal preparation when your charging $120+ for a ticket.

I think most Tool fans are starting to realize the truth, they are a complacent band and just like with A Perfect Circles latest release im not expecting the new album to really be anything other than ok.
    That’s far too in-depth for a post about tool

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Maynard is ok (busy with other projects and his wine business), but the rest of the band are pretty lazy; I have to honest the last time I saw them live (Sidney Myer Music Bowl) it was a complacent performance, no energy to it, video screen got really boring after first loop, same sh*t over and over again, Adam messed up a number of times and the band went out of time. In the lead up to the tour Adam was recording in the uk, he returned to the states and then two days later they were off to NZ. Hardly an ideal preparation when your charging $120+ for a ticket.

I think most Tool fans are starting to realize the truth, they are a complacent band and just like with A Perfect Circles latest release im not expecting the new album to really be anything other than ok.
    I saw them last time the toured Aus - they seemed pretty tight to me, but I agree the visuals get a bit repetitive. I find the band seem to gel together well, and Daney Carey has chops - but as much as I love the bass tone of Justin Chancellor, the music has lost the edge it had in Aenima / Lateralus.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    I saw them last time the toured Aus - they seemed pretty tight to me, but I agree the visuals get a bit repetitive. I find the band seem to gel together well, and Daney Carey has chops - but as much as I love the bass tone of Justin Chancellor, the music has lost the edge it had in Aenima / Lateralus.
    The last tour was good, I didn't go out of protest, but I heard they were much better

Being a former drummer I used to be obsessed with DC, incredible player.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

One of my (hectic) 90s faves... timely too as they released a new album today

Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Tool and Prodigy, brings back memories of my old 308 HQ Premier Wagon that was bought for $800 in an emergency after my SLR was stolen and stripped. 1 year on and that $800 car had a $4500 sound system belting out Tool, Korn and Prodigy traveling around interstate on Golf trips. Simpler and happier times.lo
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

time for some local mentions

Thread Information