Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Honestly, it isn't worth much more than this. The greens were very ordinary when I was there last weekend with lots of problem areas. Personally, I wouldn't bother. Wirrina wanted $38 for a weekend round, lady bay $42. The difference in quality is astounding.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Cliff View Post
    Honestly, it isn't worth much more than this. The greens were very ordinary when I was there last weekend with lots of problem areas. Personally, I wouldn't bother. Wirrina wanted $38 for a weekend round, lady bay $42. The difference in quality is astounding.
    You are absolutely spot on Cliff. I've played at Wirrina a few times in the last month and played Lady Bay last weekend and Wirrina greens are very average at the moment. They're usually in much better condition. I'm a member at Wirrina currently and paid about $180 for 5 or 6 months of membership so I think $38 is a bit rich. The cudo deal isn't too bad but given lady bay has done virtually the same deal in the past I'd rather play there. I also hear from the pro shop that a coupon voucher deal will be coming around soon for lady bay

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
    You are absolutely spot on Cliff. I've played at Wirrina a few times in the last month and played Lady Bay last weekend and Wirrina greens are very average at the moment. They're usually in much better condition. I'm a member at Wirrina currently and paid about $180 for 5 or 6 months of membership so I think $38 is a bit rich. The cudo deal isn't too bad but given lady bay has done virtually the same deal in the past I'd rather play there. I also hear from the pro shop that a coupon voucher deal will be coming around soon for lady bay
    Will be jumping all over a lady bay deal if they have one again soon. Got the last one and it is incredible value for that course. Played on a Monday. There was no one around and great weather. You can't ask for more than that.

We had a 2 for 1 voucher which helped, but Wirrinna isn't a $38 course at the moment. I hear that it is on the market again too? Will be interesting to see what happens when a new owner takes over. To their credit, they did get us on on a Saturday morning which was appreciated. It was a fair struggle otherwise.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Cliff View Post
    We had a 2 for 1 voucher which helped, but Wirrinna isn't a $38 course at the moment.
    I have to say I really love being a member down there, it's soooo small everyone knows eachother and it's a real country course. But as a non member if you are paying $38 currently, with all the discount vouchers flying around, then you are crazy. And if it ever came down to it I'd pay the extra $4 and play Lady Bay.

And yep, Wirrina is apparently still in receivership I believe.

How many members would there be chilled? We saw the sheet on saturday and it looked like there were maybe 8-10 groups playing?

Thread Information