Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I really want those hybird cars nowadays. But they are like 40K and I did some calculation and you will NEVER recover the extra cost you pay for the car unless you drive it for more than 25 yrs! (if it last that long...)

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    47c a litre is ridiculously expensive. Usually hovers around the high 30's??
    not as ridiculusly expensive as petrol at $1.20 when its usually been around $0.70
    No - numbers on a page don't mean too much, but there's obviously more to the debate than i can give.

If it was as simple as what you've quoted, we'd all be driving LPG cars. Then again, we'd all have to go out and buy those beaded seat covers, stop showering and learn to drive with one over-hairy arm hanging out the car window.
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Yikes 1.24 yesterday!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

No - numbers on a page don't mean too much, but there's obviously more to the debate than i can give.

If it was as simple as what you've quoted, we'd all be driving LPG cars. Then again, we'd all have to go out and buy those beaded seat covers, stop showering and learn to drive with one over-hairy arm hanging out the car window.
    bad day huh?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    I usually fill up with either Vortex or Ultimate, but my mechanic steered me away from Optimax.
    why

my mechanic tried to steer me away from Vortex
    Something about leaving yellow deposits.

Paid $1.319/L for regular unleaded in Parkes, then $1.379 for Vortex.

Has Vortex 98 come out yet? I think Vortex is still 95% Octane.
    How do Shell justify charging 10c/L extra for Optimax (98 )? Paid $1.389/L for it in Melbourne, couldn't believe it.
    Ultimate (98 ) is 8c/L extra, and Vortex (95?) is 7c/L extra.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Vortex 98 came out here in NSW in about May, it is about 3 cents dearer than normal vortex.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Now I wanna know.  If Oil costs have gone up so much - why hasnt my BLODDY Oil shares gone up just as much?  

From their presentation yesterday,  they are predicting that Oil returning to $40 a barrel is very unlikely.   Demand for Oil is booming and China and India will soon by the worlds biggest users of Oil - overtaking USA.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

I remember last time i was in Indonesia petrol was 1/4 or 1/5 of the price it is here. I dunno how much of our petrol is tax but i dont think its that much.   Certainly something fishy about the price we pay.
    The petrol price in Indonesia is set by the Government and will require a subsidy of around $US13bn this year. Hence the poor state of the rupiah and the economy.

The price here is set on the TAPIS rate in Singapore. It trades at a premium to the WTI they always refer to on the news. It is currently about $US67 per barrel, there are 153 litres per barrel after refining which at an AUD/US conversion around .75 comes out at about 58c. There is also 37.7c excise, plus GST on the total price, which at $1.30 a litre brings it up to $1.10. With refining and transport and wholesaler profits, etc, I can see why Flowergirl might be upset.

I am going to Sydney week after next what prices are you paying for ULP up there? It is currently $1.39.9 here in Wodonga.
    "Golf is a sadistic game probably played best by complete lunatics"

About that price, and more if you're shopping about Wednesday arvo or later in the week. Cheaps days in the cycle tend to be Tuesday / Wed morning.

The train would be the more economical method of transport

The train would be the more economical method of transport
    Thanks for that info the train is an option I had thought about.
    "Golf is a sadistic game probably played best by complete lunatics"

hit $1.35 here in brissy today
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I don't notice it anymore as the missus gets the petrol most of the time. It's too depressing to think about anyway.

Blog Entries

Wow fuel cheaper in Sydney than QLD, maybe there is justice.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Jarro, Wont be long before you will be reminiscing about the days that fuel was so cheap at $1.35

by the way i filled up at $1.15 late last night. for Ron 95 with ethanol. Its actually cheaper than Unleaded
    --
    Handy-Cap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    Wow fuel cheaper in Sydney than QLD, maybe there is justice.
    I'll retract this statement on Grunt's behalf. It was $1.26 or so yesterday, but $1.39.9 at my local today.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Blog Entries

Yeah I was going off yesterday too, the joys of nightshift did not see todays price until after the above post. On the news tonight it showed places in Sydney with fuel of 1.45/l
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

I filled up today - $1.39.9 - ouch! I knew I should have done it when I saw petrol yesterday at $1.24

Has anyone changed their habits/routines because of the increase in petrol prices? I no longer make trips to my local Westfield for 1 item - I go without until we have a few things to buy. And I definitely don't ever consider driving to work any more - not when I can catch the train for $4.40 return.

I'm expecting an interest rate rise some time very soon with all of this inflationary pressure.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

yeah just talk to my financial advisor, interests will raise, well thats the expectations so im getting in and make most of my large deposits fixed. Regardless i dont drive the commodore very often now, i borrow the rice rocket my parents have, freaking corrolla, when i can. 1.40 and to refuel a 70L tank, it isnt nice.

I no longer drive to the station to catch a train, i get pooled in the morning or walk. ill suffer the $28 for a train fare and a cold walk in the morning.

$28 a week for trains.. how often do you fill your tank? I go through a tank every 1.5 weeks or so (25 km's round trip from work), which also lets me do the shopping and other stuff on the way home. So that's $50 (Corolla - 40-odd litres per refill), less my 4c vouchers (it all adds up).

Public transport is prohibitively expensive in NSW, and every bloody time i catch it i end up with a new strain of flu. We've still got it pretty good by comparison to other countries for the price of fuel.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

i Fill the tank every week with the amount of driving my dad does to go to tennis and the driving i do on the weekends to go out and do my errands.

So im just trying to reduce it down further, so training is one of the ways...i live pretty far from work, birrong to the city, and in peak out traffic thats horrible on the fuel economy

Blog Entries

I am at the moment finalising the details of a new lease car for work. The fuel price has been locked in at $1.50/litre. I thought it would cover the 3 years much the same way the last deal (1.20/litre) just about made the 3 years for the current one. I may have to contact the company and jack it up a little more.

Yes our fuel is lower than other parts of the world, but it just is going up faster than our wages so in real terms it is getting very much dearer.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

It's $31 for a rail weekly from my station.

You're lucky to live so close to work Fishy. It's a 50km round trip for us - $35 worth of petrol/wk + $50 for parking/wk = $85

Quote Originally Posted by amanda
    You're lucky to live so close to work Fishy. It's a 50km round trip for us
    Gee, i do 60k a day on the school run alone. Damn woman why didnt she let me buy that house close to the school.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Gee, i do 60k a day on the school run alone. Damn woman why didnt she let me buy that house close to the school.
    You people are crazy. I do a 15k round trip, and I live in the 'burbs (and work in the 'burbs on the opposite side of town.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Thread Information