Some big matches coming up.

Daves v PeteyD

With Dickie sitting in the box seat in Div 1 after 2 wins, these two will be trying to re-iginite their campaigns on Friday around Brisbane Golf Course. The winner will join Dickie in the top 2 ... the loser will face a tough battle to get into the quarter finals.

Why Dave - Experience around Brisbane, having played there just 3 weeks ago. Plus .. the course is set to be set-up super tough, which might help him.

Why PeteyD - He's still fresh, coming off injury, so no bad swing thoughts. Plus ... he'll get plenty of shots.

My Verdict ... Daves in a close one.

Ferrins v Pete the Pilot

PTP makes his first appearance against a Ferret with a 100% record.

Why Ferrins - On a high (normal) from his win over Nudgee and looking to the top 2 with a win. Plus - he's getting a few shots that he wont be accustom to.

Why PTP - Nothing beats quality. And PTP plays the tough courses well

My verdict - quality might get beaten here.

Marto v Nudgee

Everyone in Div 3 wants to take on the big fish at the moment. The Spanish Mackerel is finding life as the Ozgolf Champ very tough. But Jarro may have played the big fella into form when he blew the last two holes at Nudgee yesterday.

Why Marto - Home track. He'll be looking for his putting touch to come back after the super quick in Melbourne and the slow at Nudgee. He's 2 from 2 and a win will make the quarter finals all that much closer.

Why Nudgee - He's getting 4 shots. His back is to the wall, and thats when he plays his best golf.

My verdict ... too close to call.