Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Found this forum by chance, buy a set of clubs from forum members 3 days later!

Hey guys,
    Can I just say what a great community you have going around on this forum. I found this site by chance the other day as I was searching for second hand clubs. A mate and I were sharing a pair however a few problems have arisen and he has taken the clubs from me, so I needed to find a new set. I have had so many offers of help either with suggestions of clubs or offering me options to buy from members here.
    Ultimately that is exactly what I did. Flaxzz and nad63 have set me up with my new set of clubs and I am itching to try them out.
    I am a South Aussie who plays semi-regularly I think (once or twice a month) though my game has really stagnated of late. I am hoping that the new set of clubs help as well. I also have a heart condition and underwent open heart surgery for the 5th time as of 3 months ago, so the exercise that golf provides me with is extremely important as well, as I am not allowed to play many other sports.
    I live in the Barossa Valley though am not a member of any club. Because I like to try out different courses I guess I just don't see the value of committing to one. I've played at at least 10 different courses around the state, though the Kapunda and Nuriootpa (or Barossa Valley course) are my regulars
    I'm looking forward to following and becoming active in this site and already appreciate what this site has done for me.
    You guys rock!
    Cheers
    Dan

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I'm just suprised it took 3 days... Welcome

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Great of Dan to join the SA fraternity. Some
    amazing history obviously with what u mentioned and we are just glad to offer some advice to get u into a suitable set for ur game at this stage. Keep an eye out for the next SA game in the 1st tee thread and come out if u can!

Awesome stuff sirdaan. Good luck with the golf and your health!
    Pieface, no longer the resident chopper, giant fweak. Lives in a pineapple under the sea
    witb?

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Welcome and thank you for starting with a dozen sensible posts.

We have a number of members (of all ages) at my course, that are members of 'The Zipper Club'.

ps. Wine maker or serial killer?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

You'll love it here, it'll be like your second home, and the people on here will become like family, you'll either lovem or hatem......................

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

They're just sucking you in so you buy more of their unwanted crap. Flee now while you still have your senses.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Good work Lieutenant Daaaaaan.

Member Club Pro

Hey mate, good to see another South Aussie. What clubs did you get? My Wife's Uncle and Auntie live near Gawler so we play Kapunda whenever we're up there, its a great country course, nice greens and fairways!

Welcome sirdaan

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Welcome mate!

Thread Information