Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 50 of 50
  1. #26
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Oct 20, 2007
    Location
    The Antipodes
    Posts
    4,928

    Default

    ... and he's just turned 36.


  2. #27
    Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine
    Join Date
    Apr 28, 2009
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Don't really if he has changed or not but, I hope never gets his game back.
    It was boring watching golf when he was in the field, thats all you see tiger this tiger that, what about the other guys.
    Not that the US coverage is any good anyway, all we ever see is guys walking around lining up puts.

  3. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 10, 2012
    Location
    Blue Mountains
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by td42t View Post
    Don't really if he has changed or not but, I hope never gets his game back.
    It was boring watching golf when he was in the field, thats all you see tiger this tiger that, what about the other guys.
    Not that the US coverage is any good anyway, all we ever see is guys walking around lining up puts.
    Sorry mate but other than one or two others Tiger for mine is the only player worth watching most days. I will watch any golf as I love it, but as someone once said whether he's playing well or struggling to make the cut, something is always happening and it's exciting to watch. I'm glad he's not a one dimensional robot who shows no passion or emotion. This is the reason we see so much of him on TV people want to see him playing.

  4. #29
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Oct 20, 2007
    Location
    The Antipodes
    Posts
    4,928

    Default

    Dunno whether Tiger is a changed man or not but the temptations will remain. Just saw this posted on Facebook.


  5. #30
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Join Date
    Jul 06, 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    13,054
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    And?
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

  6. #31
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Oct 20, 2007
    Location
    The Antipodes
    Posts
    4,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timah! View Post
    And?
    God bless slutty girls. There's a new wave every year.

  7. #32
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Join Date
    Sep 04, 2004
    Posts
    8,938

    Default

    That pic is at least 18 months old.....

  8. #33
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 16, 2008
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    16,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That pic is at least 18 months old.....
    Probably more.
    WITB
    G LS 9* 125msi
    M2 Tour DF 15* DI7
    915H 18* White Altus
    TEE XCG 24* White Altus
    Mizuno JPX900 HM 6-pw Modus3 105
    Vokey 50F, 54F, 58K
    Tour TP Mills Fleetwood

  9. #34
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Join Date
    May 12, 2009
    Posts
    19,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I want more scandals. I hope he never wins another tournament and the other good guys on tour step their games up to a new level so that we can forget all about him.
    Fat chance of that now.

    Grab a Bloody Caesar and celebrate like it's 2003!

  10. #35
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)
    Join Date
    Jan 11, 2011
    Location
    West Beach
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I want more scandals. I hope he never wins another tournament and the other good guys on tour step their games up to a new level so that we can forget all about him.
    Bwuhahahahaha.

    Sorry champ, you lucked out.

  11. #36
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 06, 2006
    Location
    Trump Tower
    Posts
    24,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Fat chance of that now.

    Grab a Bloody Caesar and celebrate like it's 2003!
    Glad to see him win. Seems to be a much more humble guy than the old tiger.

    Golf is much more exciting with him in contention.




  12. #37
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location
    Online on Sportingbet....
    Posts
    27,038

    Default

    Hope he goes on a massive celebratory bender and let’s loose!

  13. #38
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Join Date
    May 17, 2008
    Location
    Hoesville
    Posts
    11,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Hope he goes on a massive celebratory bender and let’s loose!
    Hookers and blow , bring back the old tiger


  14. #39
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)
    Join Date
    Jan 11, 2011
    Location
    West Beach
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Glad to see him win. Seems to be a much more humble guy than the old tiger.

    Golf is much more exciting with him in contention.
    Agree on both counts. The sport is much better off with him in it. I think the injuries and all the other personal stuff that went on certainly has made him more humble and he looks like he is taking things a lot more casually and really enjoying himself out there.

    I'm sure however some of the haterz like Jazz would disagree that he is in any way any more humble now.

  15. #40
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)
    Join Date
    Jan 21, 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    On the post round Live from the Masters show, DD said that the other players waiting to congratulate him (Rickie, JT, Bubba, Xander, Zach, Langer, Brooks, Immelman) was a good indication of how he had made way more friends after his comeback.

    The 45 minute press conference on the Masters website is a good watch as he was far more open and detailed in the answers he gave to many of the questions.

    He was asked about the 2021 Ryder Cup and made an interesting comment about the 2019 Presidents Cup where he alluded to being a playing captain.

  16. #41
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)
    Join Date
    Jan 11, 2011
    Location
    West Beach
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    On the post round Live from the Masters show, DD said that the other players waiting to congratulate him (Rickie, JT, Bubba, Xander, Zach, Langer, Brooks, Immelman) was a good indication of how he had made way more friends after his comeback.
    Every single player who's won money in his era owes him anyways, for boosting their pay packets.

    Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    The 45 minute press conference on the Masters website is a good watch as he was far more open and detailed in the answers he gave to many of the questions.
    Saw it. Some of those questions were so dumb. I think at times he was shaking his head. Here's one he got asked, "What was your favourite sporting moment of all time?". Wtf??

  17. #42
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)
    Join Date
    Jan 21, 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
    Every single player who's won money in his era owes him anyways, for boosting their pay packets.

    Saw it. Some of those questions were so dumb. I think at times he was shaking his head. Here's one he got asked, "What was your favourite sporting moment of all time?". Wtf??
    That was a really stupid question but he batted it off without an issue.

    The comment that intrigues me was his reply to the "gum question" where he replied:

    “Well, I’m chomping on this gum because I usually get hungry, I keep eating so much, and it curbs my appetite a little bit, which is nice,” Woods said. “Most of the time, most of the issues I have at tournaments, I lose so much weight, as you all know.”

    Why does he lose so much weight at a tournament ?????

  18. #43
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 23, 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    ... Seems to be a much more humble guy than the old tiger.

    ...
    Probably a corelation to Earl being gone over 12 years now.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

  19. #44
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 03, 2012
    Location
    Still on the green
    Posts
    11,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    That was a really stupid question but he batted it off without an issue.

    The comment that intrigues me was his reply to the "gum question" where he replied:

    “Well, I’m chomping on this gum because I usually get hungry, I keep eating so much, and it curbs my appetite a little bit, which is nice,” Woods said. “Most of the time, most of the issues I have at tournaments, I lose so much weight, as you all know.”

    Why does he lose so much weight at a tournament ?????
    Hookers and blow. Tournament weeks are hard work for Tiger.

  20. #45
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)
    Join Date
    Jan 11, 2011
    Location
    West Beach
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    The comment that intrigues me was his reply to the "gum question" where he replied:

    “Well, I’m chomping on this gum because I usually get hungry, I keep eating so much, and it curbs my appetite a little bit, which is nice,” Woods said. “Most of the time, most of the issues I have at tournaments, I lose so much weight, as you all know.”

    Why does he lose so much weight at a tournament ?????
    I've heard him mention it a few times before. I don't know as fact, but I assume it's something to do with his profuse sweating and the shear physical exhaustion from his exertion at each tournament.

  21. #46
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location
    Online on Sportingbet....
    Posts
    27,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Hookers and blow , bring back the old tiger
    Yes please!

  22. #47
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Join Date
    Jul 06, 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    13,054
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    That was a really stupid question but he batted it off without an issue.

    The comment that intrigues me was his reply to the "gum question" where he replied:

    “Well, I’m chomping on this gum because I usually get hungry, I keep eating so much, and it curbs my appetite a little bit, which is nice,” Woods said. “Most of the time, most of the issues I have at tournaments, I lose so much weight, as you all know.”

    Why does he lose so much weight at a tournament ?????
    My guess would be due to having four full days of walking. He’s been very open that he can’t train or practice like he used to.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

  23. #48
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)
    Join Date
    Jan 11, 2011
    Location
    West Beach
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    For me his driving was an absolute delight, for the most part he had that thing on a string, hitting the exact right spots. Missing also in the right spots, e.g. Dogwood, twice down the gully

    And his putting was a highlight, just getting it right to the hole on the longer putts and sinking the crucial 6-10 footers when required for the saves.
    Last edited by Chilled; 16th April 2019 at 08:14 PM.

  24. #49
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Join Date
    May 12, 2009
    Posts
    19,529

    Default

    Go Tiger!

    Nice award

    The Medal of Freedom recognizes individuals who have made "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors," according to the executive order designating the award.

  25. #50
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 03, 2012
    Location
    Still on the green
    Posts
    11,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Go Tiger!

    Nice award

    The Medal of Freedom recognizes individuals who have made "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors," according to the executive order designating the award.
    Or if you’re a mate of the president


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. KBS Shafts - changed my mind.
    By goonie in forum Pro Shop Archive
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 28th October 2009, 02:47 AM
  2. Changed my mind in transit sale :) MP-52
    By 3oneday in forum Pro Shop Archive
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 15th July 2009, 11:07 AM
  3. Can a hybrid club's loft be changed
    By BrisVegas in forum Equip Me
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 16th October 2007, 01:18 PM
  4. AFL Result Changed
    By Fishman Dan in forum Sports Bar
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 4th May 2006, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Back to top