Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default I am a 5 wood HO now :)

YES!!

Finally the 5 wood I got from nudgee is live.... and thank you very much for the help from Tezza....

Sonartec Royal Collection CV BBD SS PRO
    Loft: 20°
    Shaft and related info: from Steel Technology... still trying to figure out
    Grip: Sonartec grip

I can't HO it last nite (pick it up from uncle Tezza around 9pm) so I thought I will leave it till tonight... but during lunch my tempatation finally beat my logical mind, so I pick up the callaway HX tour I stuck on the top of my working monitor then go to one of the park land around.

A feel warm up swing, get ready, up swing, down swing, BANG, follow thru......

SHIT! The club is LONG!!!!

It goes perfectly straight, carry for a long long distance, land and roll roll roll.... then I heard a super BANG..... it roll to one of the warehouse's steel storage

I RUN for a super long distance before I reach the ball, pick it up and RUN straight back to my office!! I think I am smiling the whole way when I am running.

Man, I love this thing.

Thanks uncle Tezza and Nudgee

Ladies Club.... :P

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

u buy 1 club and u're a ho???

ohhh...you have much to learn....MUCH!!!
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

remeber: I am a HO for the game of golf, not the equipment

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69
    andylo,

You are a basket case. How long have you been playing this game ?

You really need to get any old club in your hand and just hit the bloody thing. You're so scrambled with technology it takes precedence over how to swing the damn thing.

Get out of golf shops...and driving ranges and play some real golf !
    And wait until you can at least post a score before worrying about technology.

Sorry to be so harsh but it had to be said.
    But the thing you say is correct

Ok, I will listen to you

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Super story Andylo.

I got the mental picture of you running to get that precious Cally ball. Glad you like the new 5 wood. Just my opinion, but I'd be using that off the tee for a while.... Straight is the key!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

goughy

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Ladies Club.... :P
    I dare you to say that to jaster while he's walking 20 paces past where your 3 wood landed to where his 5 wood landed (at least that's what I do)

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (European Tour)

LOL....G69 is right...get out there and get amongst 'em mate

Now as for Iain, that ladies club served me very well today thankyou As goughy says....230ish everytime down the middle, sweet approach to greenside bunker for an up and down birdie on the Par 5 17th...DAMN I love this club I'll have a ladies club everytime :P
    RIP 1974-2006

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

nice score Andylo

you're on your way to becoming a true 'ho

i'd maybe listen to Vegas and use it off the tee for a while .... those Sonartecs are long baby
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Andy, don't listen to some of these blokes they have no idea what there talking about.

You picked this combo up for a song,so to me to get a club custom made, for the same price as a bargin barrel piece of junk,very smart.

Also champ, I tip my hat to you for the progress you have made in 6 months,keep up the good work.

Well done Andy your a champion.

Terry.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Re: I am a 5 wood HO now :)

Quote Originally Posted by andylo
    I think I am smiling the whole way when I am running.
    I didn't realise you stopped smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by jaster
    Now as for Iain, that ladies club served me very well today thankyou As goughy says....230ish everytime down the middle, sweet approach to greenside bunker for an up and down birdie on the Par 5 17th...DAMN I love this club I'll have a ladies club everytime :P
    Just wait till I've had a few lessons, with my new coach, then we'll talk!!!!

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Andylo.......I think you are great!! That's a great story!

Ok all you equipment hoers out there - answer me this. How much different does equipment really make to a player of my standard? Would different clubs make me hit longer or straighter?? I know that it's all about the swing - and I'm having regular lessons on this - but for a high handicapper does it really make any difference??? Also ball type - feedback wanted guys
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (European Tour)

As long as you have them to the correct specs (length, weight etc etc) then they will not make much of a difference. You may get a shot here and there saving from a more forgiving club but I think in the long run good equipment will not shave strokes off your score like lessons, practice, playing and more practice. (Did I mention short game practice?? :P)

I have used this analogy in the past but I will use it again: -

You can get from point A to point B in any car, my Ford Festiva still goes 60 or 100km/h just like my friends Suburu WRX Impreza....but it does not look as good, feel as good and you will not receive the same admiration from your peers
    RIP 1974-2006

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

s#$%! The club is LONG!!!!

It goes perfectly straight, carry for a long long distance, land and roll roll roll.... then I heard a super BANG..... it roll to one of the warehouse's steel storage

I RUN for a super long distance before I reach the ball, pick it up and RUN straight back to my office!! I think I am smiling the whole way when I am running.

Man, I love this thing.
    Andylo, you are an absolute crack up.... loved the story...

Ok all you equipment hoers out there - answer me this. How much different does equipment really make to a player of my standard? Would different clubs make me hit longer or straighter?? I know that it's all about the swing - and I'm having regular lessons on this - but for a high handicapper does it really make any difference??? Also ball type - feedback wanted guys
    FG - I think that correct equipment is even more important for women golfers than for men - we need to have equipment that suits us because we often do not have the physical strength to make compensations for bad equipment. My clubs are custom built, and as for ball type - depends on your swing speed, but most ladies should stick to using a low compression ball like: Maxfli Noodle, Titleist SoLo, Precept Laddie, or one of the "ladies" balls by Precept, Optima, Pinnacle, etc...
    Cheers,
    Golfgirl

Thread Information