Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 194 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 4848
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I dare say Waza's point is that we will have to pay for these massive deficits somehow, and tax increases are the obvious consequence.

I've actually been taking a quiet delight in the uncomfortable way the right wing nut jobs have been supporting the PM and government, when ever since 2008 they have declared big deficits to be evil. On the same track I've been enjoying the discomfort of the hard left, who are finding it difficult to criticise the PM and government right now.

Nevertheless, the world has changed, and we are going to have to live with it the best we can.
    The reason that big deficits are bad is they give you less lee way when the shit hits the fan like now. We sailed relatively easily through the GFC because we were actually in credit when it started, thank to Howard and Costello and the Mining boom. At the end of the day the same fundamentals that drive your household budget, drive the national economy. Despite what Economists might try to tell you to the contrary. After all the national economy is fundamentally just the collective of all the budgets; household, business and public sector.

The problem now is there is really no palatable alternative. You need to look to how the US fares because they are a big driver of global demand, and we feed off that demand by supplying the raw materials to the manufacturers etc. The other thing to look for is a change in how business, work etc is going to be done in the future.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Yes, it kinda sux not being able to give shit to the govt right now....... No it doesn't! It makes me insanely happy that I don't feel critical of them ATM! It doesn't drive me crazy one little bit! In fact, it makes me happy right now, even making things feel easier during these times!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I dare say Waza's point is that we will have to pay for these massive deficits somehow, and tax increases are the obvious consequence.
    Gun buy back, GFC, floods. They were special levies but this is much bigger than those.

It’s coming, it’ll be big and it’ll likely be around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Gun buy back, GFC, floods. They were special levies but this is much bigger than those.

It’s coming, it’ll be big and it’ll likely be around for a long time.
    Like the Emergency Services levy that was bought in in S.A
    Started off as a flat $50 then to gouge people more after a few years it was indexed against Council Rates evaluation.

The emergency services levy funds the provision of emergency services in South Australia and applies to all fixed property and some mobile property. The money collected by the emergency services levy is placed into a dedicated fund for the exclusive use of the emergency services including:
    • Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS)
    • Country Fire Service (CFS)
    • State Emergency Service (SES)
    • Volunteer Marine Rescue SA
    • SA Fire and Emergency Services Commission (SAFECOM)
    and the rescue components of:
    • Surf Life Saving South Australia (SLSSA)
    • South Australian Police Rescue
    • The State Rescue Helicopter Service
    I call BS that all funds are put aside and go into the list above.
    Just like the Petrol Tax con bought in to pay for "Roads"

Once what ever measure they bring in to pay for the "COVID 19 bail out" will come in and stay in forever.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Defecit spending is the price we pay for living in a western country. The better option is?

I'm not a fan of helicopter money, but my understanding is this governments strategy isnt really doing that. I cant explain why though, Daves probably can
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Defecit spending is the price we pay for living in a western country. The better option is?

I'm not a fan of helicopter money, but my understanding is this governments strategy isnt really doing that. I cant explain why though, Daves probably can
    Some of it is, simply by necessity and the need to act swiftly. A farmer can plant his crop quickly by throwing seed around on the ground and roughly covering it over. Or he can plant it methodically one seed at a time, which takes a lot longer. He will get much better results from the latter, but if the rains are coming tomorrow, option one is probably his only option in the short term.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Different States, Different Taxes (Levies makes it sound better).
    As Hatchy was saying with the Emergency Services Levy. When first came in my bill was $80 per annum.
    After the most expensive hospital in the world was built, it has 5 folded.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    Different States, Different Taxes (Levies makes it sound better).
    As Hatchy was saying with the Emergency Services Levy. When first came in my bill was $80 per annum.
    After the most expensive hospital in the world was built based on 10yr old out of date data, it has 5 folded.
    Added a bit for you Waz

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Added a bit for you Waz
    Cheers.

Don't get me started on stamp duty in this f**ked up state.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Bemused by the hypocrisy of the Qld govt. Our States are the leaders in the fight of our lives to prevent our elderly and sick from being killed by Covid-19. Yet the Qld govt right now is preparing to legalise Euthanasia so that the elderly and sick can be legally killed.

With that being their end game why bother fighting Covid19! Just let nature do its job and the economy wont get trashed.

Bemused by the hypocrisy of the Qld govt. Our States are the leaders in the fight of our lives to prevent our elderly and sick from being killed by Covid-19. Yet the Qld govt right now is preparing to legalise Euthanasia so that the elderly and sick can be legally killed.With that being their end game why bother fighting Covid19! Just let nature do its job and the economy wont get trashed.
    Yep, it’s the same thing.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Dignity and mercy should hold no part of a euthanasia discussion, eh MTB. We've had a friendship for many years while staunchly disagreeing on a great many things. But that may be the single most stupid and selfish thing I've ever seen you write, and seriously makes me wonder how our friendship has endured!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

What do you mean by that?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Bemused by the hypocrisy of the Qld govt. Our States are the leaders in the fight of our lives to prevent our elderly and sick from being killed by Covid-19. Yet the Qld govt right now is preparing to legalise Euthanasia so that the elderly and sick can be legally killed.

With that being their end game why bother fighting Covid19! Just let nature do its job and the economy wont get trashed.
    Good ****ing lord.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

The waiving of means testing for these job handouts will create a serious problem for the receivers in years to come. Centrelink will have a field day screwing people over for any application falsehoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    The waiving of means testing for these job handouts will create a serious problem for the receivers in years to come. Centrelink will have a field day screwing people over for any application falsehoods.
    To be fair, they certainly STILL ARE means testing (they know everything about me bar my shoe size by now), it's the initial waiting period to receive the benefits based on your means (normally up to 13 weeks) that is being waived.
    GolfMap

Looking up for you lefty

House prices in Sydney and Melbourne are predicted to crash by 50 per cent during the next three years as Australia suffers from its first depression since the 1930s, an American economist fears.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Looking up for you leftyHouse prices in Sydney and Melbourne are predicted to crash by 50 per cent during the next three years as Australia suffers from its first depression since the 1930s, an American economist fears.
    Time to buy

Paying a hunk of coin for a hunk of metal on the end of a stick that has been custom made for someone else's specs.
    Edel, Lajosi etc

Looking up for you lefty

House prices in Sydney and Melbourne are predicted to crash by 50 per cent during the next three years as Australia suffers from its first depression since the 1930s, an American economist fears.
    All well and good for house prices to drop, no one is giving out loans because "no ones job is safe".

**** me.
    GolfMap

Lefty, did they really say that to you? Thats a bit of a joke.almost every bank has some kind of a special offer for new home loans right now.

Certainly some industries are very weak for employment stability right now but others are not.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Was surprised how many of the current V8 Supercar drivers don’t use Simulators for practice during yesterday e-race series. Sort of assumed this would have been a part of teams like it is in F1.

W.I.T.B

Watching a news story last night of all the dumping out front of charity collection bins/stores imploring people not to do it as stores are shut due to the COVID-19.
    Shot pans to some spokes person talking about how they are having to pay get all the stuff removed and old mate with the truck in the background can been seen twice picking up huge bundles of loose clothing with out any hand or face protection. The bundles were loaded up under his chin while he carried them to the truck.

W.I.T.B

Online Support Live Chat.

They take ages to initially respond to your question, but time out and close the chat if we dont respond soon enough.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Go to order some new pills from Golf Clearance Outlet and enter post code and it comes up with "your postcode outside our normal delivery zone" then list a phone number to call or email address to contact them.
    I'm in a Suburb of a State Capital City ffs, not out in a regional town.
    They can get stuffed, I'm not making calls or playing ping pong email to buy freaking Golf Balls. Some other store will get my $ now.
    Was almost going to put this in the P!$$ed off thread.

W.I.T.B

Thread Information