Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 194 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Lamb shanks...

As a kid I remember my dad buying these from the butcher for $2 each to feed to the dog as a treat, since they were a crap meat that the butcher couldn't sell unless cheap. Now days they are $30 at a restaurant. But I can't get it out of my head that they are dog food.
    Agreed, I'm not paying $30 for 4 or 5 bits of meat that amounts to about 12 bites in the end. What a waste of money. Plus you've gotta work bloody hard to get them off the bone without spraying it all over the table. I'll pay $5 more and have my beautiful Sirloin or Porterhouse steak thanks, with mushroom sauce.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Clockwise. Any significance?
    The real loonies turn the other way.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

dave1

City folk that drive massive 4wd's and never take it off road. Ok safety - but plenty of smaller cars are safe! And heaps cheaper to run

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dave1 View Post
    City folk that drive massive 4wd's and never take it off road. Ok safety - but plenty of smaller cars are safe! And heaps cheaper to run
    hmmm. When I was looking for a car with more seats, the options were basically minivan vs SUV/4x4. Minivans like Tarago, Odyssey, Voyager and Carnival etc are not cheap and not fuel efficient. A diesel SUV/4x4 is just as economical and the prices are much the same. It seems the car buying public agree with the logic too, given that they're about the fastest growing segment these days.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

The bastards should have their own car park.
    Forum needs more banter.

define 'massive 4WD'

most of the cityfolk these days are driving SUV's that wouldn't be able to perform offroad anyway, and aren't designed for that. Even a Nissan Pathfinder is dumbed down completely these days.

Nearly all of the Cruiser, Pajero, Patrol, Disco owners I know are regular offroaders, which is why they bought cars better equipped to go off road!
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Not that I care what people drive, especially as I hope my next car is an Amarok or equivalent, but:
    Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    hmmm. When I was looking for a car with more seats, the options were basically minivan vs SUV/4x4. Minivans like Tarago, Odyssey, Voyager and Carnival etc are not cheap and not fuel efficient. A diesel SUV/4x4 is just as economical and the prices are much the same. It seems the car buying public agree with the logic too, given that they're about the fastest growing segment these days.
    It's my opinion only, and not having a go at you Vegas, but I think it show most people don't use logic. Most people don't need more seats. I have 3 kids and I fit them in an I30 CW. In fact almost every family I know with more than 2 kids don't have a 4x4, and I know a fair few through my kids (catholic) school. Carnivals are much cheaper than most 4X4's and come with a diesel option, as are Hyundai Imax (also come with a diesel option) and are much better if you need more seats because the seats are more useful, and are cheaper to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman View Post
    define 'massive 4WD'Nearly all of the Cruiser, Pajero, Patrol, Disco owners I know are regular offroaders, which is why they bought cars better equipped to go off road!
    Which means that you mix in circles of people who have similar interests. There are plenty of large 4x4's that never go offroad. I agree to a degree with you because instead of the cruiser/pajeros et that these punters who don't go offroad used to get, they now go for the luxury BMW, Mercedes etc equivalents.

Part of this is driven by the lower tariff of luxury import tax for 4WD vehicles, so they are seen as better value.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

fair enough just. We must have different circles of friends. The Amarok is getting pretty good reviews. Good luck with the purchase. The twin turbo 2.0 diesel is meant to be a corker.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman View Post
    define 'massive 4WD'most of the cityfolk these days are driving SUV's that wouldn't be able to perform offroad anyway, and aren't designed for that. Even a Nissan Pathfinder is dumbed down completely these days.Nearly all of the Cruiser, Pajero, Patrol, Disco owners I know are regular offroaders, which is why they bought cars better equipped to go off road!
    Im not a car guru. But good points. Was more just going on size of these cars.

People that think the correct response to an automated warning email that says:
    "Mailbox Full, you are currently using 99% of your quota, you need to delete messages now to avoid new mail being rejected"

is to delete two messages to reduce their utilisation to 98%. This happens everyday, and all my colleagues whine to me because mail constantly bounces.

I have now spent a few hours writing a script that auto moves any mail in the Inbox that is >7 days old to a folder on their computer, it will run every 15 mins. Cant wait to set it up on their computer and they have no hope in hell of stopping it. When I hear the cry "ahhhhhhh my mail is disappearing" it will bring tears of joy.

p.s. yes Henno could have done this in three minutes, but a few hours is not bad for a nuptie that has no idea how to write a script.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I just got a "your mailbox is almost full" email. An archive up to last week happens tomorrow.

Like me, Blakey?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    People that think the correct response to an automated warning email that says:
    "Mailbox Full, you are currently using 99% of your quota, you need to delete messages now to avoid new mail being rejected"

is to delete two messages to reduce their utilisation to 98%. This happens everyday, and all my colleagues whine to me because mail constantly bounces.

I have now spent a few hours writing a script that auto moves any mail in the Inbox that is >7 days old to a folder on their computer, it will run every 15 mins. Cant wait to set it up on their computer and they have no hope in hell of stopping it. When I hear the cry "ahhhhhhh my mail is disappearing" it will bring tears of joy.

p.s. yes Henno could have done this in three minutes, but a few hours is not bad for a nuptie that has no idea how to write a script.

Its 2012, get me some more space (via whatever) or achive it so I can retrieve it. If I am the guy that makes the money, you are the guy I sack.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Its 2012, get me some more space (via whatever)
    I found 500gb of space on your computer ! We can use that. (you did say whatever)
    Yes, google apps is awesome, but not for us yet.

or achive it so I can retrieve it.
    Sorry should have been clearer - the mail is been moved from the server (IMAP obviously) to a mail folder on the users computer. Still searchable, still in Mail, no problems.
    (not everyone uses Outlook)

If I am the guy that makes the money, you are the guy I sack.
    IF you have 1000 emails in your Inbox I doubt you are organised enough to be making the money.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I found 500gb of space on your computer ! We can use that. (you did say whatever)
    Yes, google apps is awesome, but not for us yet.

Sorry should have been clearer - the mail is been moved from the server (IMAP obviously) to a mail folder on the users computer. Still searchable, still in Mail, no problems.
    (not everyone uses Outlook)

IF you have 1000 emails in your Inbox I doubt you are organised enough to be making the money.

Mark, I probably have 200-300 roll through on a day. 1000 in a global businesss doesnt take too long. Suspect I have upwards of 10,000 in my inbox. organisation of one's business and life does not necessarily involve email.

That's why outlook needs such a good search function.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Suspect I have upwards of 10,000 in my inbox. organisation of one's business and life does not necessarily involve email.
    the delete key is towards the right hand side of the keyboard.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatty View Post
    That's why outlook needs such a good search function.
    My memory is only strong at work because of the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    My memory is only strong at work because of the search function.
    Yet some people insist on passing on important info or requests by sticky note.
    --
    Handy-Cap

dave1

IMAG0628.jpg

My sons balance!

Hes 5 1/2 and already got nice balance..Didnt get it from me

Blog Entries

DNA test?

Attachment 17038

My sons balance!

Hes 5 1/2 and already got nice balance..Didnt get it from me
    Sorry Dave but that is a very poor technique.

Attachment 17038My sons balance! Hes 5 1/2 and already got nice balance..Didnt get it from me
    That's cos you lean a long way to the left.
    I'm back.

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    He drops with one hand - leg is straight at impact...Its pretty much what you teach! Anyways coach was happy.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Dave, at least he is having a go mate, good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    He drops with one hand - leg is straight at impact...Its pretty much what you teach! Anyways coach was happy.
    I was kidding.

Thread Information