Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 194 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 4848
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

And cloud seeding?
    And 5G?
    And vapour trails?
    And the tin foil hat she was wearing.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

There are issues where a person could catch the virus from a contaminated mask. Example you slide the mask down to eat. You may pickup an organism from elsewhere on your face and move it into your mouth.

Basically, touch the mask and it should be discarded otherwise the mask wearer is at risk.

For some people, they would be safer by not wearing a mask.

P.s. i dont wear a tin foil hat. They dont work. The TV still watches me.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Terrific effort from Anna Whatever to close the NSW border today, thereby confirming my long held opinion on idiots in Labor politics who have never held a proper job.

not a fan of Anna whoever at all, but I dont mind the decision to lock down the border.
    It's only effecting tourists in or returning. border locals and workers can still cross as its always been.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Terrific effort from Anna Whatever to close the NSW border today, thereby confirming my long held opinion on idiots in Labor politics who have never held a proper job.
    She’s a politician, so her only job is getting re-elected. Closing the border will make no difference to the Qld COVID rates but is very popular so she’s actually doing her job pretty effectively.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

I am far from Anna fan, but if I was her political advisor I would have advised that very course of action: widespread support, minimal impacts to the current situation, and plays on the inherent 'Us versus those lousy southern states' mentality in QLD. Plus, she is feeling smug after copping it from Gladys and Daniel for months only to watch their numbers go up.

10/10 political move with few negatives; a rare combo. With the QLD Libs a complete clusterfluff right now, HennoBet has Labor at $1.05 to be reelected.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    I am guessing you are inconvenienced, thus angry.

ACT was included in this closure, despite no more than a single case at a time in months. Bloody NSW Wankers ruining it for everyone.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    I am far from Anna fan, but if I was her political advisor I would have advised that very course of action: widespread support, minimal impacts to the current situation, and plays on the inherent 'Us versus those lousy southern states' mentality in QLD. Plus, she is feeling smug after copping it from Gladys and Daniel for months only to watch their numbers go up.

10/10 political move with few negatives; a rare combo. With the QLD Libs a complete clusterfluff right now, HennoBet has Labor at $1.05 to be reelected.
    No doubt you are spot on Henno........ naively I thought these type of decisions were supposed to be made on medical advice rather than pandering

golf forums and politics, seems to perplex and befuddle the reader into a spiral of shite

I dont think there is an overwhelming popular decision the govt could make on handling the virus.

Despite the sun shining out of the bum now from the golden lady of NZ for closing the country down for a month, thus proving she made the right decision, it was fairly easy for that to work being an island, small population, low case numbers and having the authority to do it.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I dont think there is an overwhelming popular decision the govt could make on handling the virus.
    For what its worth, some mistakes have been made across all levels of Government, and the recent Victorian situation is looking like it was preventable in hindsight. But for the most, state and federal governments have performed quite well in crisis and our death rates are far lower than most of what we would call peer countries.

The quarantine failures in the Melbourne hotels - if caused by casual, untrained employees, subcontracted by subcontractors on a cash in hand hourly rate to provide a service without any hint of training - can be traced back to decades of erosion of workers rights around down to casualisation of the workforce. Ditto explosions in numbers in abattoirs - low paid casual workforces, working in cramped conditions on hourly rates, not provided suitable protective gear in most cases.

What I would like is thoughts on how we get back on track. Does Victoria stay locked down until they have a manageable case load? What kickstarts the Australian economy? Can domestic tourists be enough to keep millions of tourism jobs going? What happens to universities with no international students, and reduced federal funding? How do we return to being a smart and wealthy country of opportunity?
    Last edited by WBennett; 6th August 2020 at 02:55 PM.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

not a fan of Anna whoever at all, but I dont mind the decision to lock down the border.
    It's only effecting tourists in or returning. border locals and workers can still cross as its always been.
    This surely highlights you’ve got absolutely no idea on the current and previous border restrictions. This has NEVER been the case and it most definitely isn’t the case with the impending closure.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post

No doubt a political ploy to protect her job come October.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    No doubt a political ploy to protect her job come October.
    I’m shocked that a politician would make a decision that benefits them politically. Shocked I tell you.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Well, dear deb of the lnp was complaining about the border being shut, and then complaining about it being open. She shouldn't have anything to complain about now. So can assume that this is exactly what the LNP would do if they were in power.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I’m shocked that a politician would make a decision that benefits them politically. Shocked I tell you.
    Me too.

Or wait....should that be #MeToo?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    it takes the breathe away.
    Ironic
    Forum needs more banter.

This surely highlights you’ve got absolutely no idea on the current and previous border restrictions. This has NEVER been the case and it most definitely isn’t the case with the impending closure.
    I admit it was a very simplistic generalisation. I do think that those who dont live near a border are overreacting to the inconveniences of the closures. And many locals whined instead of just gettting a pass which is easy. How is it from way up there?
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 6th August 2020 at 05:39 PM.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I admit it was a very simplistic generalisation. I do think that those who dont live near a border are overreacting to the inconveniences of the closures. And many locals whined instead of just gettting a pass which is easy. How is it from way up there?
    Plenty of people work interstate, or did, on a regular basis.

I’d be closing the border too, Vic supposed to be hitting the 1,000 per day mark apparently in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Plenty of people work interstate, or did, on a regular basis.
    I know and could easily get a pass for that.
    --
    Handy-Cap

I know and could easily get a pass for that.
    NO YOU CANT!

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condit...ons-8-aug-2020

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

And if you did, you'd cop a 14 day quarantine on your return.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    And if you did, you'd cop a 14 day quarantine on your return.
    Precisely.

Thanks I had been waiting for the new rules, wasnt yet published when i looked yesterday.Nobody knew the new rules until now.And now that its been released it shows what i said. Border residents and workers can still get a pass. Its not a wall.Really the only change is we cant cross over for trivial reasons like leisure.

Thread Information