Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 194 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 4848
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

On earth the closer you get to the Sun the colder you get.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Raising money for the freeloader pennant teams. Sell the television rights. Bahahahaha!

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Raising money for the freeloader pennant teams. Sell the television rights. Bahahahaha!
    It gets worse, when they turn 55.

The club members get to fund their 'representative' shirts, non-GA matchplay games and dinners against similar clubs that don't like to play masters pennants at courses that also cater for the non-club golfer.

Then repeat ten years later, for over 65 matches, dinners and uniforms.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

trying to get back into this game and starting to hit the ball OK then out of the blue, from no where, hit half a bucket of balls off the shiny upright bit WTF, left the rest of the bucket and walked off in disgust

Blog Entries

Why cyclists expect right of way on footpaths and also on roads.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Cause they're the lazy arsed cyclists who ride just like they drive; like no one exists other than them.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Blog Entries

If a wise man prays for wisdom is he really a wise man.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Cause they're the lazy arsed cyclists who ride just like they drive; like no one exists other than them.
    What gets me is if the same cyclist that ride two abreast at 20 k were following an old bloke doing 20 k in a car there would be road rage , but it’s suddenly all ok when it’s them on a bike and it’s you in a car . The second thing that gets me is whenever there is any angst the committee for the wonderful law abiding cyclist gets on tv saying how great they are for the environment cars off the road etc . All of a sudden they are all riding to work and it’s bullshite , most of them are recreational riders thinking they are entitled to get in the road . I live in the Dandenongs and the dopey muppets make some roads impossible fat bastards wobbling all over the road struggling to get up hills

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    What gets me is if the same cyclist that ride two abreast at 20 k were following an old bloke doing 20 k in a car there would be road rage , but it’s suddenly all ok when it’s them on a bike and it’s you in a car . The second thing that gets me is whenever there is any angst the committee for the wonderful law abiding cyclist gets on tv saying how great they are for the environment cars off the road etc . All of a sudden they are all riding to work and it’s bullshite , most of them are recreational riders thinking they are entitled to get in the road . I live in the Dandenongs and the dopey muppets make some roads impossible fat bastards wobbling all over the road struggling to get up hills
    Mountain Hwy most afternoons and Sunday mornings.Its like watching the Tour de France for fat people

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Bunnings interview process which is more stringent than applying for a job on an oil rig.

Blog Entries

It's important to know to close the self service checkouts as soon as possible, reverting to only one till to a ratio of 10 to 12 customers waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    It's important to know to close the self service checkouts as soon as possible, reverting to only one till to a ratio of 10 to 12 customers waiting.
    Maybe in your fancy big city stores. No self service in our dinky little Bunnings. You think that would eliminate a fair chunk of training.

Blog Entries

Bunnings staff have the potential to be the next 'Postal Workers', having to deal with all the dopey requests for muppets who live by 'The customer is always right' mantra.

No surprise there is an intensive psych. assessment / interview.

Blog Entries

Once when I informed a lady that we had run out of actual money and could not give cash out, I used the words "you know, we aren't a bank". Her retort was "the customer is always right!".

Well ma'amthis is demonstrably a retail supermarket but you have a good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Once when I informed a lady that we had run out of actual money and could not give cash out, I used the words "you know, we aren't a bank". Her retort was "the customer is always right!".

Well ma'amthis is demonstrably a retail supermarket but you have a good evening.
    Oh to be a fly on the wall watching you deal with these numptards.

I heavily suspect you'd like to play the long game with them, subtly taunting and teasing, then delivering one final hammer blow, but time constraints means you have to be sharp and short and to the point. Such a shame.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Blog Entries

https://youtu.be/wHFc7NGp5Hk

The internet is the gate and I'm the yappy dog. Irl me is a cuddly bear.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    The Bunnings interview process which is more stringent than applying for a job on an oil rig.
    Not remotely surprising. On your Oil Rig, qualifications and previous experience will weed out most applicants. Stuff almost impossible to fabricate.

Anyone can fabricate previous retail experience and a background in some type of hardware. Even if you got sacked from your Macca's job, that is easily left off your CV, if you even submit one to Bunnings.

As Dotty says, the average customer of Bunnings expects the attendant to know everything. When I go to Bunnings to buy my Flux Capacitor (in red only), I also need to buy a 98 volt extension cord and a wall bracket that can be glued, not screwed to the wall. And if you haven't got them in stock, can you order it in by Friday?

The longest queue at my local Bunnings is at the returns desk for people like me who haven't got a clue, and can't even read internet instructions correctly.

Don't do it, Benno. Get a job at the Hervey Bay Driving Range.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Not remotely surprising. On your Oil Rig, qualifications and previous experience will weed out most applicants. Stuff almost impossible to fabricate.

Anyone can fabricate previous retail experience and a background in some type of hardware. Even if you got sacked from your Macca's job, that is easily left off your CV, if you even submit one to Bunnings.

As Dotty says, the average customer of Bunnings expects the attendant to know everything. When I go to Bunnings to buy my Flux Capacitor (in red only), I also need to buy a 98 volt extension cord and a wall bracket that can be glued, not screwed to the wall. And if you haven't got them in stock, can you order it in by Friday?

The longest queue at my local Bunnings is at the returns desk for people like me who haven't got a clue, and can't even read internet instructions correctly.

Don't do it, Benno. Get a job at the Hervey Bay Driving Range.
    Already have a job at the Maryborough pro shop, but doesn't have enough hours to sustain my golf equipment appetite...

Member Teaching Pro

Did 5 years at Bunnings part time. Job was ok but the customers were ****ing idiots

Some in upper management positions still don't grasp that turning one of the major machines off for 1-2 hours when the floor gets to a certain level between the 2 shifts actually allows us to run more over a full day.
    It's been proven an number of times now that it works and the overall out put is more/higher than continually running which causes hours of lost time during a shift with the automation's inability to shuffle the work going to the next section for processing.
    Old dumb mentality of throwing more hours at something gives you more. No, it actuality costs us more to ultimately do less.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Wife did 9+ years at Bunnings and the staff discounts were awesome. Only drama was the bitchiness amongst staff.

All the local Bunnings here have the self check out but they are never open. I think it is due to the amount of theft that would result. Some of the stories Rachelle had about theft were amazingly intuitive. Best example was when people would steal a mower and return it within minutes with no receipt and get the cash refund. This was in the days where they accepted returns without a receipt.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Many years ago when Bunnings advertised that all of their staff are tradies and in the know.
    I walked into the electrical section and asked where are the 20mm bushes ( to fit the end of some conduit)
    She promptly explained "The bushes are outside".
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Blog Entries

They run a 'friendship farm' at the golf club every Sunday and possibly holidays.

In the clubhouse this week, there is a promotion with hay bales, a railing fence and cardboard cutouts.

Behind the promotion are large screen TVs, and one of the ads in rotation is 'Chargrilled Steaks'.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Already have a job at the Maryborough pro shop, but doesn't have enough hours to sustain my golf equipment appetite...
    I hope this doesn't affect your budget for hookers and hoes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    She promptly explained "The bushes are outside".
    Clearly she wasn't a 70's chick

Thread Information