Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Question Club fitting in Melbourne?

Hi all,

I will be traveling down to Melbourne in early April, and as a treat to myself for getting to 18 handicap, I figured to finally get fit for clubs in my bag. Everything I have now is just random stuff that I have picked up and is all over the place, but I make do with it.

So I am after recommendations for a full bag fitting in Melbourne, Cool Clubs or Club Champion or would you recommend someone else. I will have 2 days spare to do the fitting and want to get the best I can as I don't get down often and there isn't much options up here in Darwin.

Yes I am getting lessons and will continue to do so. I have worked with my pro in regards to what is good for me, however the options are limited and even he has suggested trying it out as there will be a greater range.
    Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by outofpractice View Post
    Hi all, I will be traveling down to Melbourne in early April, and as a treat to myself for getting to 18 handicap, I figured to finally get fit for clubs in my bag. Everything I have now is just random stuff that I have picked up and is all over the place, but I make do with it. So I am after recommendations for a full bag fitting in Melbourne, Cool Clubs or Club Champion or would you recommend someone else. I will have 2 days spare to do the fitting and want to get the best I can as I don't get down often and there isn't much options up here in Darwin. Yes I am getting lessons and will continue to do so. I have worked with my pro in regards to what is good for me, however the options are limited and even he has suggested trying it out as there will be a greater range.Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks,
    Club champion have a big range of brands and massive range of shafts to dial in your numbers. Premium service at a pretty good price. But aftermarket shafts and custom grips, etc. adds up. Cool clubs I hear good things and can hit into an outdoor area. A couple of the house of golf and Drummond golf shops have good demo gear on some clubs if you have an idea of brand and models. Mizuno, Titleist and Taylormade fitting centres will look after you and narrow down your selection. If you want to hit lots of brands and shafts, then Cool clubs or club champion. Some golf clubs will have a variety of hitting and fitting stock. Albert Park, Yarra Bend I am told. Ernest Performance, Golf shafts Australia, Limitless Golf are also places that can fit and customise.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

The Golf Shop in Mentone. They are boutique and brilliant. Dylan knows his stuff and works with a lot of the touring guys on the Vic pro-am circuit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    The Golf Shop in Mentone. They are boutique and brilliant. Dylan knows his stuff and works with a lot of the touring guys on the Vic pro-am circuit. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I vote for this guy. Never heard of him, but i will trust these small businesses much more, especially if its a one man operation, where the one guy who fits you also builds them.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I vote for this guy. Never heard of him, but i will trust these small businesses much more, especially if its a one man operation, where the one guy who fits you also builds them.
    Dylan Higgins, playing the pro-am circuit this year after getting married late last year. He and Bryce Bell own TGS, with 2 other pro's helping. They do lessons and fittings.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Member Club Pro

Dylan Higgins, that makes feel old! He was kid when I was playing up at Bairnsdale.

Thread Information