Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 650 AUD (65%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 214 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 5336
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Been out of the game for a bit, but just dusted off the swingweight scales and am getting the workshop back in order. Where is the go-to place for 'sundries' for clubmaking stuffs these days (hosels, epoxy, and so forth)? Still Golfworks, or are has the world changed in the past 8 years?

Cheers mates.
    Much the same main suppliers Henno, just a lot more expensive now (exchange rate, no special prices , freight, and now GST as well). There is more on Oz Ebay now, not generally cheap though but can be once you add freight etc, especially for small quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Much the same main suppliers Henno, just a lot more expensive now (exchange rate, no special prices , freight, and now GST as well). There is more on Oz Ebay now, not generally cheap though but can be once you add freight etc, especially for small quantities.
    That's exactly what originally prompted my post (aside from the red wine): the lack of special prices, and added costs with GST and exchange rates, as well as options on eBay. It seems as though Golfworks is still really only a 'big order' option, rather than bits and bobs.

Thanks again.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Been out of the game for a bit, but just dusted off the swingweight scales and am getting the workshop back in order. Where is the go-to place for 'sundries' for clubmaking stuffs these days (hosels, epoxy, and so forth)? Still Golfworks, or are has the world changed in the past 8 years?

Cheers mates.
    Araldite super strong from Bunnings has never failed me.

I just got some ferrules from China off the bay. Took a few weeks to get here, but they are great. Think I paid less than $3 for a 10 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Araldite super strong from Bunnings has never failed me.

I just got some ferrules from China off the bay. Took a few weeks to get here, but they are great. Think I paid less than $3 for a 10 pack.
    Duly noted. I have only ever used the Bramptons stuff since... forever, but never had a club let go in all of my years of Dodgy Brothers Clubmaking.

I'll hit the bay for some ferrules. No immediate urgency , but I am looking to reshaft my other set of irons back from S300 to X100 as soon as I source another set of shafts (after I swapped them when I broke my shoulder) and I won't have enough ferrules to do the job.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Duly noted. I have only ever used the Bramptons stuff since... forever, but never had a club let go in all of my years of Dodgy Brothers Clubmaking.

I'll hit the bay for some ferrules. No immediate urgency , but I am looking to reshaft my other set of irons back from S300 to X100 as soon as I source another set of shafts (after I swapped them when I broke my shoulder) and I won't have enough ferrules to do the job.
    I have lots of iron ferrules, if you need some Henno.

I ordered my first batch off ferrules, got them and immediately ordered more for the future.

I've witnessed the Bramptons fail a few times, but it was dismissed as a "bad batch" of glue (and it wasn't me)

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I have lots of iron ferrules, if you need some Henno.
    Thanks Dave. I'll keep it in mind if I happen to find a set of X100 shafts swiftly.

Don't suppose you have any surplus stiffy-to-extra-stiffy driver shafts you would want to part with? No fancy tip needed as I am still stuck in 2007-2010 era heads. I'd love an update a driver head to something more modern but the bank account says 'no' and the swing says 'why bother'.

I ordered my first batch off ferrules, got them and immediately ordered more for the future.
    Got a seller there, JC? Can't seem to find any .355 tapers for cheap cheap.

Got a seller there, JC? Can't seem to find any .355 tapers for cheap cheap.

That’s the last seller I used.

Not sure about tapers.

Thanks. I saw those, but eBay is awash with cheap .370 ferrules. There are a tonne on aliexpress so I might go there for some shitters.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Grail Golf on eBay US sell excellent quality ferrules and the postage is reasonable.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/grailgolf/

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    Grail Golf on eBay US sell excellent quality ferrules and the postage is reasonable.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/grailgolf/
    That seems pretty good. Thanks for the tip, I'll take a deeper look.

That seems pretty good. Thanks for the tip, I'll take a deeper look.
    That’s what she said.

That’s what she said.
    I LOL'd for reals.

And I am dead inside.

I LOL'd for reals.

And I am dead inside.
    I had to do a double take when I read it.

It worked on three levels!

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Welcome back henno!!! I have heaps of 355" ferrules if you want some to get you started. As Canuck mentioned, they can take a while...

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    Welcome back henno!!! I have heaps of 355" ferrules if you want some to get you started. As Canuck mentioned, they can take a while...
    Welcome back Fit ! Just in time for Carnoustie !!!

Not sure my question fits in here but will ask anyway .
    I have a tendency to hit the shorter clubs 6 iron down out near the toe going by the ball mark on the club , mostly it feels ok when I hit the ball ie timing wise , as opposed to hitting a driver off the toe . I try to align the centre of the ball to the centre of the club . My swing is a little inside to out with a strongish right hand thru the ball . I have tried a few things but nothing seems to work . Is this just an angle of attack thing or could it be a fitting issue . Am using mizuno jpx 800’s but haven’t been fitted . I hit a 46 deg Pw 100 mts with a fairly easy swing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    I have a tendency to hit the shorter clubs 6 iron down out near the toe going by the ball mark on the club , mostly it feels ok when I hit the ball ie timing wise , as opposed to hitting a driver off the toe . I try to align the centre of the ball to the centre of the club . My swing is a little inside to out with a strongish right hand thru the ball . I have tried a few things but nothing seems to work . Is this just an angle of attack thing or could it be a fitting issue . Am using mizuno jpx 800’s but haven’t been fitted . I hit a 46 deg Pw 100 mts with a fairly easy swing
    If you do it consistently, why not line up the ball towards the heal of the club. Might bring strike back towards the centre of the face. Luke Donald does something similar with irons. Pretty gutsy move though because if strike doesn't change from alignment, el hosel comes into play.

I’d be getting my lie angles checked. A simple tweaking could fix all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    If you do it consistently, why not line up the ball towards the heal of the club. Might bring strike back towards the centre of the face. Luke Donald does something similar with irons. Pretty gutsy move though because if strike doesn't change from alignment, el hosel comes into play.
    As you might imagine I don’t hit shanks , not keen on starting now , I have tried slight shift of ball position in closer and it sorta works but I think fear of shank takes over subconsciously

Banned

As you might imagine I don’t hit shanks , not keen on starting now , I have tried slight shift of ball position in closer and it sorta works but I think fear of shank takes over subconsciously
    Yep, I'm not surprised. Would take a lot of confidence to start doing that.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

I’d be getting my lie angles checked. A simple tweaking could fix all.
    This^^^^^^^
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Hoping someone will be able to steer me in the right direction.

I have recently been given a shaft from a mate to replace the one I have for my Callaway driver, however the tip on the end is the wrong type.

Does anyone know somewhere in the outer east of Melbourne (Chirnside Park) where i can get the tips changed over as i have sourced a replacement tip to fit my driver head

Thanks

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

I can do the work Steve, but another member, Hardboiled, is a lot closer to you.

If you work anywhere near the CBD I'm happy to meet up and work something out too.

Chappy
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex