Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3015
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Also watched the 3 parter on Aaron Hernandez. Found this quite good as well.

That Aaron Hernandez one was really good. I didn’t realise he’d killed himself though.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    As we found out at Vic Champs, Shotmakers is riveting viewing!
    Should've televised our Cups shotmakers instead...
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

I get annoyed with this thing these days where tv series take a 2 year break between seasons! I mean, shows used to be 20+ episodes a season years ago, X every year, with a 10th of the technology we have today. Westworld was one in particular, which immediately went 2 years between seasons, from the start. I decided to give it the flick after the last season, and was finding the episodes rather drawn out anyway.

Just saw the trailer for the next season..... and I'm hooked! Friggin bastards.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The standards of TV Shows are at movie levels these days. These breaks shouldn't be surprising if we want quality, but that doesn't stop it from being annoying.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    The standards of TV Shows are at movie levels these days. These breaks shouldn't be surprising if we want quality, but that doesn't stop it from being annoying.
    They also used to stretch the season out over half a year or longer.

So many shows are released a season at a time, allowing binge watching and greater wait times.

Yeah, how did people wait a whole week for the next episode before?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

What ever happened to shows that were filmed in front of a live automated laughing machine?
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

So now there is no live sport for a month or two, whats worth watching on Netflix or whatever?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

WB, I didn't mind The Loudest Voice in the Room, Rusty Crowe playing Roger Ailes who built Fox News. Think it was on Stan.

Also on Stan, plenty of episodes is Billions, may be more my thing than yours, wheeling and dealing in hedge fund world.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    So now there is no live sport for a month or two, whats worth watching on Netflix or whatever?
    I turned Netflix off last week for Kayo with the golf majors and AFL coming up. Bugger. I’m 2 eps into The Test on Amazon. Takeaways so far : Langer was the right pick to look after cricket in Australia and Usman is the right man to look after Usman.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

So glad i stocked up on a few movies and TV Series via the last couple of big JB HI-FI sales. I've got aabout 4 seasons of The Walking Dead unopened, the complete Hannibal series, the complete The Shield series and season 1 of Narcos among other things. Who knows what happens in the next few months.

Just finished the entire Series of "The Americans" and absolutely loved it overall. Season 5 i found quite a bit flat but there were some immense moments across the series that i will not forget in a hurry. Without spoiling the tire scene, snatch scene, sparring scene and soooo many more. The acting was strong overall and the leads brilliant, particularly Matthew Rhys. They also tied it up quit realistically and didn't go for multiple happy endings. The choice of music (smack bang in my fave decade) was sensational and i only wish they used more of it. Plenty of sex and violence and a fascinating storyline.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Westworld S3 should drop anytime now. I had to find a timeline chat to make sense of seasons 1 and 2. And I just happened across a chronologically edited set of seasons 1 and 2. The flipping back and forward through time gets a bit confusing, especially early on when you didn't realise it was happening.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Westworld S3 should drop anytime now. I had to find a timeline chat to make sense of seasons 1 and 2. And I just happened across a chronologically edited set of seasons 1 and 2. The flipping back and forward through time gets a bit confusing, especially early on when you didn't realise it was happening.
    After the end of S02 I was thinking I'd be unlikely to watch any more. I just watched S03E01. Still a little confused as to WTF is going on.

I've recently watched 'Altered Carbon' S02, 'I Am Not OK With This', 'The Capture' and am currently neck deep in the final season of Homeland (all good).

I'll then move on to 'The Stranger', S03 of 'The Sinner', S04 of Brockmire, 'Hunters' and the next season of 'Ozark' (due in the next fortnight).
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

I was the same with Westworld, and the 2 years between seasons doesn't sit well with me. Then I saw the trailer for s3 and it snagged me. I've read that at least the first 4eps run more linear. I haven't watched it yet though. We just kinda stopped watching Homeland for some reason. I liked it cause she's bipolar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    So glad i stocked up on a few movies and TV Series via the last couple of big JB HI-FI sales. I've got aabout 4 seasons of The Walking Dead unopened, the complete Hannibal series, the complete The Shield series and season 1 of Narcos among other things. Who knows what happens in the next few months.

Just finished the entire Series of "The Americans" and absolutely loved it overall. Season 5 i found quite a bit flat but there were some immense moments across the series that i will not forget in a hurry. Without spoiling the tire scene, snatch scene, sparring scene and soooo many more. The acting was strong overall and the leads brilliant, particularly Matthew Rhys. They also tied it up quit realistically and didn't go for multiple happy endings. The choice of music (smack bang in my fave decade) was sensational and i only wish they used more of it. Plenty of sex and violence and a fascinating storyline.
    The Shield is one of my all time favourite series. Great viewing.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

I'm smashing Doomsday Preppers on Netflix

Was looking for something to watch on Netflix Sunday.
    Series 2 of Formula 1 - Drive to Survive came up in the trending so I went in search of series 1.
    Found the story of several Drivers/Teams ups and downs really interesting and enjoyed it a lot. Series 1 was Daniel Ricardo's last year at Red Bull which they spent a bit of time on about him making the decision to move on when Red Bull were sure he would sign with them. What made it so interesting was following the issues and pressures associated with all the Teams and Drivers that weren't Ferrari or Mercedes just hoping to score points and what's at stake.
    Watched all of series 1 Sun/Mon and now a couple of episodes into series 2.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Series 2 of Formula 1 - Drive to Survive came up in the trending so I went in search of series 1.
    Found the story of several Drivers/Teams ups and downs really interesting and enjoyed it a lot. Series 1 was Daniel Ricardo's last year at Red Bull which they spent a bit of time on about him making the decision to move on when Red Bull were sure he would sign with them. What made it so interesting was following the issues and pressures associated with all the Teams and Drivers that weren't Ferrari or Mercedes just hoping to score points and what's at stake.
    Sounds very interesting. Not have Netflix, hope I can find somewhere else.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Cancelled Kayo; absolutely no point continuing a paid service that has no live sport. Once GolfTV starts showing Euro tour will consider that as an alternative

Stan is getting a workout particularly with the kids. My wife is excited that Fleabag has just been added. Hilarious brit comedy

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post

I really enjoyed Drive to Survive season 1 - season 2 didn't quite seem so engaging.

In saying that, I'll probably watch it again when we get kicked out of the office.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I'll probably watch His Dark Materials,
    I watched five episodes of this while flying with Qantas. However, now that work has stopped domestic travel, I might not get the chance to finish it before Qantas drop it. I wouldn't consider that a big loss though, as I was struggling with it.

I didn't mind Big Little Lies S1, which I also watched with Qantas, but it wasn't as good as I was led to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    I've recently watched 'Altered Carbon' S02,
    I lasted no more than two episodes of S1.

Late last year, I grabbed Amazon for a month, and did some bingeing. I finished The Man In the High Castle, which struggled to its finish by introducing some side stories that I didn't care about. I also watched Fleabag S2 (very good), Carnival Row (good world building, but needs more with the story), Undone (different, but good), Good Omens (okay), and NOS4A2 (meh)

Did anyone else watch The Witcher? It isn't the best show going around, and the main character's mumbling is hard to understand at times, but it was a fun watch.

I'm currently enjoying S1 of Dark on Netflix and I'm watching it in German with English subtitles, because I heard the English overdub was bad. It looks like there are quite a few of the regularly watched shows coming up; Better Call Saul, Ozark, Fargo, After Life, Sinner, and Killing Eve, so there may not be much time for any new shows, although there won't be any sport...

We've got a free trial of Apple TV, but there really isn't anything that I am inspired to watch on it. Has anyone watched any of their shows?

We enjoyed the Witcher. Not the greatest thing going around, but it was fun. Strangely I only got through a couple of EPs of altered carbon too.

Rob enjoyed The Morning Show which is on Apple. I didn't watch it.
    If you've still got Amazon give The Expanse a gander.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    If you've still got Amazon give The Expanse a gander.
    Nah, I just got it for one month, and didn't want to commit to something with that many seasons.

I watched all of Witcher and was bit meh towards the end.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

read/listen to the book.... a bit less confusing and more entertaining.

I am ashamed to admit that I am going through the list of Korean Drama on Netflix at the moment.... (with the wife ofcourse )

Thread Information